1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Design Challenge (AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage)

Discussion in 'Challenge Archive' started by AditTechno, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Hive Workshop
    The "Triggers are for geniuses" Hero Challenge!

[​IMG]
    Participants are to create a hero with no triggers, no imported data, fully Object Editor.
    Competitors:
    • Challenger: AditTechno
    • Opponent: Daffa the Mage

Rules and Conditions

Challenge Arena Rules:

• No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
    • Challenge results must be bug-free.
    • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
    • No exports from other games are acceptable.
    • Universal rules
      • Submissions may not violate the Site Rules and Spell Rules.
      • Only object editor.
      • No custom resources, unless you edit a model or icon a little bit.
      • Only 4 spells, three normal and one ultimate, with the exception of Night Elves' Hide.
      • All spells must be new.
      • The map can be ANY and ONLY a 1v1 map. (It should be set up as a melee map.
      • Submit entry with HeroDesign.<Username>.<Hero>
      • Theme, role, and faction are not defined, but make sure the ability fits the role.
      • The specific hero must have the max level of 10.
    • Specific rules
      • Challenge will go on for one week WITHOUT any extension. If one day passed, their total score will be reduced by 2 points. If two days passed, subtract another 2, and so on.
      • But then again, you are permitted to go to the Request a Resource section, maybe if a model or an icon needs an edit. (If it's even needed)

Reputation Award

8 Points​

Judge: TBA

Duration
    • Start date: November 15 00.00 GMT
    • End date: November 22 00.00 GMT
    Judge Criteria

Theme:
    How well the skills, aesthetics & design fit together in a thematic manner such that they feel like they belong on the given hero (i.e. frost mage with frost spells, warrior with martial abilities, etc). Well-fitting & polished aesthetics which complement a cohesive Theme will be graded well; poorly-considered or lacking Thematic elements will result in a poor score.

Role:
    How well the skills of the hero work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the hero has (i.e. ranged assault, tank, support caster, etc). Comprehensive, well-though-out Roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating Roles will lose points.

Balance:
    Includes how well the hero's Theme, & Role fit into the melee environment in terms of balance, theme, style, "complicatedness", and so forth. Overpowered or underpowered Heroes will result in a poor score; properly balanced elements will mean a good score.

Creativity:
    How original the design of the hero is in terms of creative ideas, clever implementations, or new concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; re-use of existing elements & poor originality will result in a poor score.

Total points: 40

Results Calculation
    Judge 50%
    Poll 50%​

Applied moderator: @Naze

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Challenge accepted, now, for the moderator... @KILLCIDE mind applying a moderator for the challenge?

For standard, I suggest using Melee 10 level rule as standard.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  3. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright I can apply as the challenge mod.
    Just change this in the rules if you agree: @AditTechno
    And then we're ready to go!

4. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Done, let's begin.

5. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, thread moved to the main Challenge Section lobby, 1st post edited where necessary. We're ready to roll.
    You can start working on your entries from this day on:
    Good luck to both of you!

6. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll be uploading a video or so today or tomorrow for early showcase of my entry.

7. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dang, so we have to upload a video of our submission? Dang, expect me a hard time to post WIPs. I'll just post screenshots I think, it's going to be too hard for me.

8. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No prob with screenies, it's just that I personally prefer videos over screenies.

9. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, first one to post WIPs, I think I'll be finished tomorrow. Looking forward to my opponent.

Attached Files:

10. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, here it is, I've finished my entry.

Hero name - Orc Gravekeeper
    Race - Orc
    Mystical Hero, exceptional at building armies in the middle of a battlefield. Can learn Orcish Roar, Force of Darkness, Summon Skeletal Orc Grunt, and Into the Dead.

Leave alone the bug where we can still summon the same hero in the next tier (I can't fix it). This judges only the Hero, by the way. I think melee game issues don't count.

Attached Files:

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

WIP. I might change some stuff before today ends.

12. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, final update, just fixing some balance issues, not big.
    Since we're both on the same country, the exact deadline is 08:00 GMT+8 or 07:00 GMT+7 on November 22, 2018.
    Late entries will have deduction by 2 per day late, and the poll will only be created after both users finished their submissions.

Attached Files:

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    FINAL ENTRY

ADJUDICATOR

Map Description
    Mystical Hero, a master at karma control with expertise in elimination. Can learn Karmic Principles, Energy Wave, Absolute Hit and Ultimate Judgement.

Attacks land and air units.

Short Lore
    Adjudicators, the judge of humanity itself. They are bestowed with the power to punish others for their sins, called as Karma. Capable of using a powerful energy wave to inflict pain, using an array of Karmic Principles and their hits are unavoidable unlike many, all the while deadly. Their ultimate power lies in the ability to bring forth Ultimate Judgement, calling a meteor that transforms into a giant monster capable of inflicting a dangerous level of Karma to its targets. Adjudicators are few in numbers, but their presence is to be feared.
    Due to their possession of Karma, their soul becomes fragile and thus cannot be exposed to physical dangers too much. Adjudicators make up for their lack of endurance with their ability to cut down their opponent endurance and barrage them with pains, before the opponent does the same to them.

NOTE
    To use Adjudicator, pick Human as your race. The Adjudicator is available at your Altar of Kings.
    The map uses Default status, so the settings don't reflect the most recent patch. Since we don't have agreements for this particular matter, I'll leave it AditTechno and the judge on which melee state will be used.
    The Adjudicator is slightly different than the video for the WIP. I shuffled his previous Ultimate (Absolute Hit) into his third with a stat rebalance, removed his previous first and switch Karmic Principles to that particular position and creates a new ultimate called Ultimate Judgement. Doesn't have time for new videos so yeah. The reason why I do these shuffling is that the ultimate doesn't feel like a 'boom' impact as ultimate suppose to be, and it doesn't add any strategic advantage like Mass Teleport does.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  14. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Man, I missed this?? Doesn't seem like enough people know about & use the Challenge forum.

It's very gratifying, seeing my Criteria copy-pasta'd by future generations. : )

15. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  16. Naze

Naze

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello!

This challenge has 50% of the final score decided by a public poll. Any of you guys are free to create the poll now - just tag me in it when it's done, so I can be notified of it and do the moving around & announce it at the Discord.

And of course, this has been nice and succinct challenge peeps! Good work

17. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  18. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make it? I'm currently busy.

19. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hey guys. Any ETA for the upcoming poll? It would be great to have a completed challenge around once in awhile ;]

20. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forgot the poll, was too occupied with other stuffs. Will do this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.