• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Design Challenge (AditTechno vs Daffa the Mage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The Hive Workshop
The "Triggers are for geniuses" Hero Challenge!

tl2_popup.png

Participants are to create a hero with no triggers, no imported data, fully Object Editor.
Competitors:
  • Challenger: AditTechno
  • Opponent: Daffa the Mage

Rules and Conditions

Challenge Arena Rules:

• No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
  • Universal rules
    • Submissions may not violate the Site Rules and Spell Rules.
    • Only object editor.
    • No custom resources, unless you edit a model or icon a little bit.
    • Only 4 spells, three normal and one ultimate, with the exception of Night Elves' Hide.
    • All spells must be new.
    • The map can be ANY and ONLY a 1v1 map. (It should be set up as a melee map.
    • Submit entry with HeroDesign.<Username>.<Hero>
    • Theme, role, and faction are not defined, but make sure the ability fits the role.
    • The specific hero must have the max level of 10.
  • Specific rules
    • Challenge will go on for one week WITHOUT any extension. If one day passed, their total score will be reduced by 2 points. If two days passed, subtract another 2, and so on.
    • But then again, you are permitted to go to the Request a Resource section, maybe if a model or an icon needs an edit. (If it's even needed)

Reputation Award

8 Points​

Judge: TBA

Duration
  • Start date: November 15 00.00 GMT
  • End date: November 22 00.00 GMT
Judge Criteria

Theme:
How well the skills, aesthetics & design fit together in a thematic manner such that they feel like they belong on the given hero (i.e. frost mage with frost spells, warrior with martial abilities, etc). Well-fitting & polished aesthetics which complement a cohesive Theme will be graded well; poorly-considered or lacking Thematic elements will result in a poor score.

Role:
How well the skills of the hero work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the hero has (i.e. ranged assault, tank, support caster, etc). Comprehensive, well-though-out Roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating Roles will lose points.

Balance:
Includes how well the hero's Theme, & Role fit into the melee environment in terms of balance, theme, style, "complicatedness", and so forth. Overpowered or underpowered Heroes will result in a poor score; properly balanced elements will mean a good score.

Creativity:
How original the design of the hero is in terms of creative ideas, clever implementations, or new concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; re-use of existing elements & poor originality will result in a poor score.

Total points:

Results Calculation
Judge 50%
Poll 50%​

Applied moderator: @Naze

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
Okay, first one to post WIPs, I think I'll be finished tomorrow. Looking forward to my opponent.

Attachments

• war3 2018-11-20 20-35-31-664.jpg
    war3 2018-11-20 20-35-31-664.jpg
    932.1 KB · Views: 151
  • war3 2018-11-20 20-37-17-473.jpg
    war3 2018-11-20 20-37-17-473.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 168
  • war3 2018-11-20 20-40-23-704.jpg
    war3 2018-11-20 20-40-23-704.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 164
  • war3 2018-11-20 20-42-03-373.jpg
    war3 2018-11-20 20-42-03-373.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
Level 16
Well, here it is, I've finished my entry.

Hero name - Orc Gravekeeper
Race - Orc
Mystical Hero, exceptional at building armies in the middle of a battlefield. Can learn Orcish Roar, Force of Darkness, Summon Skeletal Orc Grunt, and Into the Dead.

Leave alone the bug where we can still summon the same hero in the next tier (I can't fix it). This judges only the Hero, by the way. I think melee game issues don't count.

Attachments

• HeroDesign.AditTechno.OrcGravekeeper.w3x
    98 KB · Views: 70
Level 16
Okay, final update, just fixing some balance issues, not big.
Since we're both on the same country, the exact deadline is 08:00 GMT+8 or 07:00 GMT+7 on November 22, 2018.
Late entries will have deduction by 2 per day late, and the poll will only be created after both users finished their submissions.

Attachments

• HeroDesign.AditTechno.OrcGravekeeper.w3x
    98 KB · Views: 83
FINAL ENTRY

ADJUDICATOR

Map Description
Mystical Hero, a master at karma control with expertise in elimination. Can learn Karmic Principles, Energy Wave, Absolute Hit and Ultimate Judgement.

Attacks land and air units.
Short Lore
Adjudicators, the judge of humanity itself. They are bestowed with the power to punish others for their sins, called as Karma. Capable of using a powerful energy wave to inflict pain, using an array of Karmic Principles and their hits are unavoidable unlike many, all the while deadly. Their ultimate power lies in the ability to bring forth Ultimate Judgement, calling a meteor that transforms into a giant monster capable of inflicting a dangerous level of Karma to its targets. Adjudicators are few in numbers, but their presence is to be feared.
Due to their possession of Karma, their soul becomes fragile and thus cannot be exposed to physical dangers too much. Adjudicators make up for their lack of endurance with their ability to cut down their opponent endurance and barrage them with pains, before the opponent does the same to them.

NOTE
To use Adjudicator, pick Human as your race. The Adjudicator is available at your Altar of Kings.
The map uses Default status, so the settings don't reflect the most recent patch. Since we don't have agreements for this particular matter, I'll leave it AditTechno and the judge on which melee state will be used.
The Adjudicator is slightly different than the video for the WIP. I shuffled his previous Ultimate (Absolute Hit) into his third with a stat rebalance, removed his previous first and switch Karmic Principles to that particular position and creates a new ultimate called Ultimate Judgement. Doesn't have time for new videos so yeah. The reason why I do these shuffling is that the ultimate doesn't feel like a 'boom' impact as ultimate suppose to be, and it doesn't add any strategic advantage like Mass Teleport does.

Attachments

• HeroDesign.Daffa the Mage.Adjudicator.w3x
    144.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 28
Hello!

This challenge has 50% of the final score decided by a public poll. Any of you guys are free to create the poll now - just tag me in it when it's done, so I can be notified of it and do the moving around & announce it at the Discord.

And of course, this has been nice and succinct challenge peeps! Good work

Status
Not open for further replies.