1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pokemon RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Yixx, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's like that, believe him^^
    Although the range is from 0-2 or 0-3 as far as I'm concerned.

2. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's just an example... Anyway,I don't know if the map gonna have these...

3. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, it would be quite a difficult system to implement.

But that's mainly what Pokemon has become now-a-days: EV training.

4. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ... What we can do... Well, Wc3 has some limitations, and EVs and IVs are hidden values...

5. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think it will be a hell of a job to do that, and i dont really get what it is actually, so it will be even harder then! xD

6. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, them. Now I have to go, I have a life too!

7. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fav Pokemon? Just got the message about that, sry >.<. I reckon I'd go for... well, my favourite is Tyranitar, is that allowed? I mean, after all we will be going on to use the Pokemon Gold/Silver Pokemon in the next region, so it could work. However, if you want me to choose one from the original set, why not go Gyrados? I love that motha f***a! He is pure awesomeness :D!

8. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey im a modeller, i can do some pokemons, or be the team`s modeller. i can do good quality models.... well.... good enough for pokemon.. i suppose
    and i created a signature for u guys... like this:
    [​IMG]
    im gonna remove the 'demo' thing when its finished. if u like it...
    and of course, all favorite pokemons there.
    :grin::grin:

Attached Files:

9. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WOAH DUDE! Nice sig! Lol, Gyrados! I love it! I also forgot that Kabutops is an awesome Pokemon, too (so nice to train, especially when it learns Slash :D).

Well, I think we see that you are also quite capable at some 2D art, too :p. Well, when it comes to models for Pokemon, we naturally can't have one for every single pokemon. The filesize would be horendous. However, I'm sure Yixx outlined the models we need ATM, so I'd imagine you would be able to get started on them pretty much straight away if you wish! Well, I'll wait till Yixx comes online again so he can tell you what he needs (can't find the post :S). I think we need a Butterfree and a Beedrill, though, so perhaps a demo for them?

Well, good luck! And once again, love your sig! BTW, wanna check out my posts? Feel free, anywayz :p

PS: Also, I'm manager now. I just read your earlier post, cannot believe no one responded to it lol.

10. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't want to take Darkxs place at the 2D art, I'll limit myself to the models, I already started Koffing, I love it heheh.
    [​IMG]
    I believe that butterfree can be the fearie dragon. If anything, I do the model.

Attached Files:

11. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True, I suppose Butterfree could be the Faerie Dragon. However, what will Beedrill be? Could be a harpy, now I think of it...

Well, I like the Koffing model! And now I think about it, what War3 model actually would have represented that? Nice initiative, Cockroach! You're def on the team.

However, I have to ask how much room it will take, as we don't want one model taking up 1MB. Hell, I love models that are less than 50KB because you can have shitloads of them. So, how much space does it take?

12. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, simple models, in-game or small textures and we're can have all the 150 since its single player... if it multi-player and we use about 120 models...
    120 * 50 = 6000 kb
    6mb of only models. This map needs to be single player, or you download with the single player the multi-plaer version, with no need of downloadin it again.
    If we get over the downloading issue, Id love to make 150 models!

13. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No way in hell will we make this project single player only! The main innovation of this idea is to make it so that after playing the single player aspect, players can compete online against one another. Also, it would be almost exactly like an ordinary Pokemon game if we cut the multi-player (which we don't want). We will, when possible, use ingame models, but for the others, that's where you come in.

14. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i said that since the multiplayer version is an add-on map, it can be like that: Single-Player and Multi-player can't be downloaded from the internet separatedely, and whenever the game is hosted, the link should show there, or some previous warning to download it from the site and raise a pokemon first.
    The game will not be played too often, but highly enjoyable for most of the pokemons will have a very suitable model

15. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, I see, you think the issue will be downloading... that's not the issue. The issue is that for a map to work effectively online, it must not surpass 4MB. Have you heard of that limit? If a map is even just 4MB, it will most likely experience difficulties online.

16. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll do my best to make the models filesize less than 40kb, but since many pokemons have legs, and articulations, the anims will make it bigger.
    If only every pokemon was like Koffing, which has no movement except spreading smoke particles.
    40 * 120 = 4800 kb, almost 5mb of models.

17. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Omg! that sig is uber nice!
    The Koffing looks great! Only the mouth could be done a little better =P,,

Only multi player maps can only have 4 Mb, nog 6 =P,, and we also need some music,, which is already taken care of!
    Well, i can see you are being very enthousiast, so,, you wanna be on the team as 3D art?

18. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, 3D art, and sometimes 2D (About custom textures and such...)
    The Koffing's mouth was made in Paint, just to make you understand its facing direction. I didn't model it yet. It's gonna look much nicer, dont u worry :razz:
    About the filesize, as far as I know this is not a rule, like, "more than 4MB the game will crash". And if the multiplayer version is an add-on, and you can't raise a pokemon in it, much people will already have it downloaded if they raised their pokemon.

19. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, if you try to start a map on Bnet with more then 4MB size, it will say something like: File size is too big,,
    And since the multi player map will be some add-on, we need to use the exact same models!
    So, models at most 3MB please,, (in total,,) Since we also need a map and triggers =P
    Music will be optional, and i think IF we use it, it wont be much,,

EDIT: Crewlist updated,,
    HappyCockRoach added to 3D art, Wazzz added as Project Manager,,
    Project manager is a new place for Wazzz, this is because my time is really little lately, so he will take 'charge' of the project Progress and inform me on new ideas/features,,

@ HappyCockRoach: Whats Your favorite Pkmn?
    (Yixx: Kabutops
    Wazzz: Gyarados
    HFR: Cubone (what else? =P )
    Darkxs: Haunter
    Lord_of_Sausage: Kangaskhan
    thedeathunterxx: ???
    Kimpakim7: Charizard
    HappyCockRoach: Persian

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  20. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My favorite one is Persian...ill make it later

[​IMG]
    the koffing is shaping itself now... i need to fix the texture mess-ups, make it more detailed, and animate it (the easiest part for this model is the animation)
    i cant predict its filesize by now...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.