• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
it's on topic cause it's one of the legendary birds and if you make an expansion for Gold/Silver, you could use it! :p And... I promised to make Zapdos next :3

And HFR, it is on WC3U already :3 if you want, I can send it to you :p (I'll link each of the 3 remaining Legendary birds as I make them. :3 (Moltres can be done with the Pheonix model :p)

Ok, I'll make a real quest:

You arrive in a random town and you talks to an guy. Win.

Lol, Im only good at making epic RPG quests, but a battle against 5.000 evil pokemon in the mountain of Iradarne isn't suitable for pokemon.

The fact is, in the pokemon games, all the quests are very simple, just talking to someone, battling a boss, getting a item, etc...

You guys asked for simple quests, that's what I'm doing. If you want really epic quests, I make them, but it'll be much more different than the pokemon games.

No. I don't mean quests same as Pokemon's. I mean awesome quests in the Pokemon RPG context. If you think you can't do it, it's ok, we have a whole team with flexible functions.

Lioness, for not having "proper shading" on a rather tiny texture (impossible to shade it) and needed smoothing (added. looks great)
Blinkboy, for not having "proper permission" from a guy who has since disappeared and left the model for anyone to animate. meh. it's stupid. Now I am stuck trying to track the guy down (having lots of trouble still waiting for a reply from the guy who posted Unknown's Lugia model). So, basically, once I get those out of the way, THEN they attack the work I have done on the model. This means... my animations. They won't be getting my other legendary models after this joke -.-
Actually your model isn't approvable here in the hive... :sad:
- it uses plain colored textures.
- it has an unknown author piece of work.
You can't act like this towards the hive moderators. It won't work. They won't approve one model in order to get some others.
If you want your model approved here (and well-received) you should:

• redo a texture and apply it to the model
  • this texture should fit warcraft and look good
  • change something in the mesh and say you made it
I hate to tell you, but not even the animations look that good. :sad:

don't give up on modelling just because of that disapproval though

Level 23
the author's name is "Unkown" it's not that we don't know the name. Yes, it's very confusing, but Unknown is the name XD

meh. I am noot a skinner, and besides, the hive mods would accuse me of simply editing the model and claiming it as my own cause I didn't have "permission" from a guy who gave it to the public to animate, and i didn't make the mesh >_> Hive moddel mods (tend) to be not as logical as they use to -.-

Level 17
After reading about Lugia, Ho-Oh was actually one of the first pokemons that was showed in the very first episode of the Pokemon Anime! So maybe he was suppost to appear in pokemon Red/Blue but maybe they decided to not add him since he would be an "alone" standing legendary pokemon when all the other legendarys was in a "group".
So why not add him in a main quest but not make him obtainable? Or maybe make him obtainable after you have completed the game. He actually was in the first serie but never showed up in the game.
And one more thing, a portrait of Ho-Oh & Croconaw is inside Pokemon Yellow Version that you can access through hacking.
Thats all i can say for now.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
But the easter eggs will generaly appear in the end of the game.

And, just to show, here's my Gyarados Quest with a new ending:

While you're in Gwarfahar Lake, a old man comes to you and says that those waters are inhabited by an immense creature, that sink the boats of the fishermans. Now, you'll gonna investigate.

Quest: The Creture from the Depths

Objective: Find out what's happening to the lagoon before the village's economy fails.

Quest details: After hearing what the old man said, you eneter in an house and find a fisherman. He tells you that they can't fish anymore, because the creature is sinking all the boats and the village's economy is broken. After this, you go to the lake and soon find that the creature is a lvl 80 Gyarados. Of course, you battle him. Of course, you lose. After the lost, you find that he isn't a normal Gyarados. He's imbued with an might power, that corrupted his soul. The village wiser man tells you that this powerful magic can only be dispelled by an ancient artifact. Now you have to find it. After traveling for hours across the
forest, you find an ancient temple. You enter there, and battle with Rock and Poison pokemons. After crossing an passage, you find TEH boss. A <I have to repeat?> team member is stealing the artifact! Defeat him, return to the lake and use the artifact. Now the Gyarados will calm down, and stop attacking the boats. After this, the old man appears and thanks you for saving the village, picking the artifact and leaving.

The Gyarados them, dives deep in the lake, leaving a

Mithril Scale

If you guys want a quest like this one, ok.

Level 15
Dang kid, Pokemon Yellow was released to be based on anime. The anime was based on Pokemon Red and Green (Blue in the United States). So saying Pokemon Yellow came out after the anime really doesn't mean anything.

Pokemon Red/Green: Released in Japan in 1996

Level 17
So...
Red & Blue/Green was made first.
Then The anime came BY NINTENDO in the same serie
After that they Made Pokemo Yellow that was a game in the first serie CONTAINING Ho-Oh and Croconaw. So technically nintendo was going to make Ho-Oh a part of the first series in Pokemon Yellow as an add-on.
If i said anything wrong, tell me >.<

Level 15
Yellow was loosely based on the events of Pokemon Red and Green. It was released as a re-telling of what happened in the anime.

I'm still wondering, what the fuck does Pokemon Yellow having art for Ho-Oh and Croconaw in it have to do with Red and Green if Pokemon Yellow came out nearly two years after Red and Green?

Level 15
Uhm...
Can you prove artwork for Ho-Oh is in Yellow? Because I've checked for Croconaw and there is none. If you're talking about using the Mew glitch to catch that "bird Pokemon" ...that's not Ho-Oh.

Also, I have yet so see Nintendo say that. As far as I know, they consider it a "variant"

Level 18
lol not to disappoint anybody, but so far NO progress has been done terrain wise with the pokemon RPG because of that delemma i mentioned earlier.

I can continue it, cause i do have time, however please dont expect something tommarrow is what im tryin to say...

Does anyone want the map ? ( im asking the terrainers ) Just so that you guys can take it from there. ( lol since i AM a busy person in real life lmao )

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Quote from Wazzz on MSN:

I lol'ed...

Wazzz is too busy lol...

Benedipumpi.jpg

I think that TDHX must hurry.

Level 35
Okay, a quick-stop visit just for you, HFR :)
But keep in mind I am heavy with child :p

Okay, I'm not actually sure what MonkeyBoy can do right now, but I'll get on that with thinking. Thinking... thinking... hm... could perhaps make.... a.... system that... I'm not sure :S, I think Yixx has everything we need ATM :p

However, we'll keep you in mind if anything pops up and LoS is not up to it at the time.

Now, the Ho-oh Easter Egg thing. Sounds like a conspiracy. Either way, I don't care :p. It sounds far too confusing and I think it would be awkward to implement... why am I even talking about it? It's irrelevent :p

As for the Gyrados quest, I like it :D. Mithril Scale FTW! Although, how will one get the Dragon Scale to get a Kingdra? I was thinking instead of the trading crap, items that evolve Pokemon on trade while being held by them will just be used as any other Elemental Stone :p. As for the Trading pokemon ones, they should either reach a certain level or just use a new stone (a... Rock Stone lol >.<)

Level 23
After reading about Lugia, Ho-Oh was actually one of the first pokemons that was showed in the very first episode of the Pokemon Anime! So maybe he was suppost to appear in pokemon Red/Blue but maybe they decided to not add him since he would be an "alone" standing legendary pokemon when all the other legendarys was in a "group".
So why not add him in a main quest but not make him obtainable? Or maybe make him obtainable after you have completed the game. He actually was in the first serie but never showed up in the game.
And one more thing, a portrait of Ho-Oh & Croconaw is inside Pokemon Yellow Version that you can access through hacking.
Thats all i can say for now.

On the hike I JUST got back from, it rained in waves and the wind was heavy D: I tend to think that it must have been the imbalance, having finished Lugia just before I left, and not having Ho-oh to balance it out D:

Lugia= heavy wind and storms: destructive
Ho-oh= Sun, rainbows: very nice :3

On the plus side, it was mostly sunny today (while yesterday, Day 1, was rainy and windy randomly) So... I guess it balanced itself out a bit :p (but it screamed for me to make Ho-oh D:)

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Your guys are too much off topic today. Back to work! Your peons! xD

As I'm a very lazy responsible guy, I'll declare now that HC was challenged by some guy that I don't remember the name. The best pokemon model wins.

This will be an big chance of HC (earning a lot of rep) showing her/his skills at modelling. For the challenge theme, I suggest:

One Main Evolution!

The best Charizard/Venusaur/Blastoise model wins.

Suggested Award: One rep for each polygon. That's it! 2 mb models FTW!

Level 18
Lol HFR =p

but ya dont EXPECT THIS BY TOMMARROW EVERYONE !

it is far from being finished ( my part of the terrain) So unless another terrainer wantes to take it, be my guest, but im still workin on it.

BTW Yixx, I am not touching the towns because there seems to be regions that telport people places, and i am not willing to tamper with those regions.
And another thing i changed the grassy battle field, and i had to create A NEW battle camera for it, so use the camera that says " RBB Grass Camera BETTER " instead of the plain old one.

@HFR: Stop getting yourself into where ur not called. this is gonna intimidate him.
We are gonna make a Oddish competition, and whether not, it is OUR problem.
lol
I love wtfpwning HFR.

@TDHX: OK. If the problem is terraining, give me this fucking map and I make this fucking terrain, I'm a fucking good terrainer. =D

Level 16
TDHX, touch it! Touch the towns,, i dont care if the regions dont fit anymore,, that is least of my problem since i can easily change them again ;)

HC, lol,, give TDHX a chance,, he is a perfect terrainer,, but if you really want to terrain also, discuss it with TDHX, so that you are both happy with your terraining time,, or just do it the way i suggested a long time ago,,
2/3 days, then the next terrainer gets his time,, again 2/3 days,, and so on,, y'know?

EDIT: Oh, and please Move the camera, instead of making a new one :),, if you want to,, please

Level 16
That would be kinda screwed i think =P,, what if they are both kick ass!? =P
then you can of course copy doodads and so on,, but it would still be fucked cuz you dont have the tiles and terrain height and so on,, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.