1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pokemon RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Yixx, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You are right, Wazzz, but what im really is aiming for, is just longer battles ;)

1hit - 1kill is boring.

You might be right. But maybe we should make it easier to see what pokemons are defensive, and what pokemons are ofensive. Cause i didn't knew that xD

2. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I dont think there is an easy way to let you see what Pkmn are Deffensive and which are Offensive,,
    Also, i know 1hit 1kill is boring, but i dont know how we would make it different efficiently without phucking everything up,,
    Also, you saw the System Request? (Above?)

3. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actualy, the stronger the pokemon, the slower it gains exp. So,stronger pokemons take longer to evolve, as the starting pokemon evolve faster than the strong and slower than the weak, bug and traded pokemon. By the way, I got the second badge today! Gardenia couldn't hold the mighty of HFR!

4. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, HFR :p

A couple more things on the offensive/defensive pokemon. It was just an obersvation I made about the stats of a Pokemon. Also, it's noticable from how easy to train a Pokemon is. For example, an offensive pokemon will be able to kill opponent after opponent providing it's with one or two hit(s) each time, but a defensive pokemon would take a little longer unless it had a decent technique to attack with + type advantage. It's not something that can be shown, but is rather something to be observed (also, different technique combinations provide different strats. For example, if you are fighting a Pokemon that has no chance against your heavily offensive pokemon and you have Swords Dance, use Swords Dance as much as possible so you can plow through their Pokemon swiftly, especially with an attack like Quick Attack or Mach Punch!).

Also, as for the fights being 'boring', I think it would become boring if you were slowly training by fighting weaker Pokemon that were given a chance to fight back, even without type advantage. I think the primary part of Pokemon is the fact that some battles, if not most, are dealt with swiftly. The multi-player aspect will contribute more to interest, however :p.

5. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, i thought a little about it. The solution might be, to increase the level of the encountered pokemons, if the fighter is higher. So for example, if you train a level 6 pokemon in a level 3 Area, the pokemons you encounter will be level 7-8 instead. Ofcause, with a maximum level, so you won't encounter a level 90 ratatta in the starting area o_O.

It should simply just be more challenging.

Yes, i saw the system request, Yixx, but i might first be able to finish it next monday, because im going to my dad today, and i forgot to send the file >.<. And i got a pretty long way back, if i want to send it again (23 kilometers >.<). Sorry : /

//Oftopic//
    I got my Battlefield Heroes Beta key yesterday :D :D :D
    Damn it's awesome (when you don't get owned <.<)

6. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lord, that is possibly one of the best ideas ever, and I really really would love for it to work, but think about this: What if you had strong pokemon then just decided to start training up a weak pokemon? Also, if they were always a level higher than you, that would be a little too difficult and make training a little, if anything, boring :p. So, how would you make it so that you could have a weaker pokemon have a chance?

7. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe the level would be determited by the starting pokemon? Ofc, you could just set a lowlevel to the start-pokemon, but then you had to shift, giving the other guy an advance-.

8. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know what he said, but... whatever, in the map we could name the pokemon? Like in the game, you can name him an different one. We can make this using an system that the player write the name he want, like "-name: Sparky" and the pokemon uses that name, like an hero:

Sparky

Level 30 Pikachu

9. Yixx

Yixx

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Impossible! =(
    There is no way (Jass AND GUI) to change the Proper Name of a Hero, the only way is replacing the hero, which would give a hell of a damn job,, and it would still be premade names,, Sorry HFR,,

10. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Right,well look at my skills, I suck at triggering...

11. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We COULD use something like a hero without propername, and then just refer to the pokemon using the players name. Changing his name when a pokemon enters battle, and leaves and all that kind of shit. Not sure if it is worth the time anyways :p

12. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    are you sure ?

im pretty sure you can change a hero name... or if anything, a unit name.

you can change it using UMSWE...i think they made a GUI command for it.

13. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    UMSWE?? Is some WE hack? We wouldn't use such things... Well, the names don't matter much...

14. chaoslord301

chaoslord301

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure it's impossible to change names of units in-game.

15. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Me too, maybe it's even possible with WE hacks, but it's better stay with the standard editor.

16. chaoslord301

chaoslord301

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even with JNGP it's impossible to change names in-game, maybe you could manipulate text-tags somehow?

17. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, just read where the name change thing started. I have sooo wanted to be able to change the proper name of a hero via triggers, but it is, sadly, impossible. And as far as I know there is no such program that will allow you to do this (as it was mentioned as one of the most wanted things fans wanted to see in the next Warcraft 3 patch).

BTW, I never mentioned this before, but I too started playing Pokemon Diamond, and am enjoying it when I can. The third leader, however, is pretty hard considering I've put off training my pokemon other than in trainer battles lol. However, I am buffing up and using the VS seeker to continuously fight a Gyrados (those things give shit loads of exp.!). Where you up to, HFR? We gotz to have a race lol!

18. thedeathunterxx

thedeathunterxx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    in the pokemon RPG, are you considering implementing a VS seeker ???

not sure how it would exactly work, but it would add a nice edge...and its better than having pokemon in beggener areas level increase as gameplay progresses..

Its always been, that after the game ( well in silver and gold version anyway..) that everyone gets stronger after beating the game.

19. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Wazz: My cartridge don't work anymore!!!! I try to play and... nothing happens... Best stick with the new Fire Emblem and Mario Hoops 3 on 3.... (I can't forget that music... Ohhh ohhh, ahhh ahhh, ohhh....)
    Back in the names, this is an minor thing, the guys wouldn't kill us just because of the names...

20. Darkxs

Darkxs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone I just want to show you all Yixx's new Pokemon RPG Signature (He requested me to do)
    Tell me what do you think?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.