• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
  1. The project must be Warcraft III related.
  2. The project must be creative, interesting and unique.
  3. The project must already be at least 75% complete to be considered for hosted project status.
    • If the project is a map or a campaign, it must be at least 75% done.
  4. Hive Workshop users must be able to freely download and test the project's components, elements, map(s) and/or systems in order to provide consumer feedback.
  5. Hosted project leaders are expected to:
    • fully understand, comply with, and uphold all Hive Workshop site rules;
    • cooperate closely wth the site's administration and staff;
    • be active on a regular basis;
    • carefully maintain their forum by keeping it clean;
    • moderate the forum in the best interests of The Hive Workshop and its community;
    • use their hosted project forum only for content related to the project itself.
  6. Under certain conditions, special Hive Workshop sub domains may also be provided. Such rare domains will be considered only under extraordinary circumstances.
  7. Any Hive Workshop hosted project may be modified, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason that the administration finds to be valid.
  8. The hosted project is required to have the text "Hosted by hiveworkshop.com" on the map or campaign loading screen. The text should be clear and easy to read. Project leaders may decide if the text is displayed in the loading screen image or the loading screen text. Special projects must credit The Hive Workshop in a splash screen or readme file. The credit text must be present within 30 days of the project's initial publication.

too short..

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Hosted Forums are easier to create. You can submit even alpha maps in it. I think it's better than Hosted Projects, as they have too much responsability over the thread, and our map must be at least 75% done. I vote for Hosted Forums.

TDHX, the tree you mean is one of those in the High Res pack? Well, the texture's a bit big. I suggest the Gtree model, that's very good and uses in game textures.

Level 17
lol at LTGH

did anyone ask about ur project ? lol you talk about it like everyone is gonna get a boner over it. its not a big deal

You didnt read everything, did you?
I dont care if its "my" project or not cus it isnt, im just the coder... What im trying to say is that when we asked to get hosted they said that they wont host anything AT ALL at the moment. And it would be wierd if the hosted something that isnt even released yet when they told us that.

Level 2
I was just looking around on Newgrounds Audio and I found some excellent sounding Pokémon interpretations. You might want to have a quick gander for a massive selection of Pokémon inspired music, most of it is good stuff. It's legal, as long as the composer is credited, so it might be worth a look.

Pallet Town
Lavender Town
Cave (Gold and Silver)
Viridian Forest

Just a suggestion if composing starts to get a tad bothersome. :)

Charmander Geometry is done.

attachment.php

I'm gonna use in-game textures, although it will look less pokemonish...

---

I'm frustrated. In the social group posts must have at most 1000 characters, that's too little...

Attachments

• charmanderSS1.PNG
    charmanderSS1.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 404
It's all yours Wazzz... lol

@Lord_of_sausage: I'm gonna use particle effects

attachment.php

UVW Unwrap is 50% made
I see that many pokemon modellers use plain colors as textures. But I really dislike it. For me the models should blend with war3 atmosphere.
This charmander may look devilish but I'd like it a lot like this.

Attachments

• charmanderSS2.PNG
    charmanderSS2.PNG
    67.7 KB · Views: 411
No, not a chance :(
lol
I'm not using custom ones...I like it the way it is right now...

LoS do u remember you first pokemon quest? I improved it a bit:

It's the big day, you are getting your first pokémon. You go to the lab and you see that the Professor isn't there. The assistant says:
"Sorry my friend, the Professor is gone, next spring there will be Pokémon initiation as well, hope to see you here again."
You feel very frustrated and unresigned, and you go outside in the wilds to grab the first wild pokémon you see by yourself, and when you notice, you're hugging an enraged Nidoran female in the high grass. She bites you and someone comes to rescue you. A Magnemite uses a thunder ability and the Nidoran female faints. Then this Nidoran's partner, a male Nidoran, is outraged for witnessing the scene. You get a bag thrown at your feet with three pokeballs. You look upwards and it is the professor.
"Choose one, fast!"
You have to choose between borrowing a Bulbasaur, a Charmander or a Squirtle. Then you will battle with the Nidoran male.
The Professor remembers about you and that he forgot you.
"That was very good fighting out there, kid. You sure have skills. You know what? i give you that Pokémon! Take care of it"

(You get the pokemon)

"Hmm... You need a Pokédex too, but I don't have one here. You know? go see my grandson, He has one!"

And so you get a quest, to find your rival, and get you Pokédex.
You are going to fight each other. He has an effective Pokémon against you.

Level 15
No, not a chance :(
lol
I'm not using custom ones...I like it the way it is right now...

LoS do u remember you first pokemon quest? I improved it a bit:

It's the big day, you are getting your first pokémon. You go to the lab and you see that the Professor isn't there. The assistant says:
"Sorry my friend, the Professor is gone, next spring there will be Pokémon initiation as well, hope to see you here again."
You feel very frustrated and unresigned, and you go outside in the wilds to grab the first wild pokémon you see by yourself, and when you notice, you're hugging an enraged Nidoran female in the high grass. She bites you and someone comes to rescue you. A Magnemite uses a thunder ability and the Nidoran female faints. Then this Nidoran's partner, a male Nidoran, is outraged for witnessing the scene. You get a bag thrown at your feet with three pokeballs. You look upwards and it is the professor.
"Choose one, fast!"
You have to choose between borrowing a Bulbasaur, a Charmander or a Squirtle. Then you will battle with the Nidoran male.
The Professor remembers about you and that he forgot you.
"That was very good fighting out there, kid. You sure have skills. You know what? i give you that Pokémon! Take care of it"

(You get the pokemon)

"Hmm... You need a Pokédex too, but I don't have one here. You know? go see my grandson, He has one!"

And so you get a quest, to find your rival, and get you Pokédex.
You are going to fight each other. He has an effective Pokémon against you.

Sounds pretty good :)

No chance you can make it look brighter via Addictive, etc layers?

Btw, the charmander's head reminded me of something, and now i know what!
A HEADCRAB!

Level 2
Grabbing a Pokémon seems a little irrational for a protagonist, that seems more the sort of approach that Team Rocket would take. Plus I'd have thought the Professor would be more concerned for the Pokémon itself considering it was grabbed hold of and separated from it's partner. Just a thought. :p

(Unless this Professor takes a less empathetic view towards Pokémon than the usual?)

HFR

HFR

Level 22
His collor is too strong, you can light it up a bit. Also the shell texture is... meh, look at one pic, to see how it looks like:

charmander.jpg

As you can see, his orange is lightier than yours, also, his belly is just yellow. Besides from that, the model is good, but you'll have to improve it if you want to get it approved.

By the way, what quest remained to me? I'm too lazy to go back 10 pages, he he...

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ok, but, why the belly line is all cutted and strange? Again, look at the pick, and see how the line is smooth. This factor can decides the model approval.

And, just to help a bit, here's a list of animations you can make:

- Flamethrower
- Headbutt
- Slash
- Tail Whip

The first one is the well know flamethrower animation, the econd is like Bulba's one, the third is a claw attack and the last, I need to explain?

Level 2
I know I am not part of the project, but I thought I'd back HC up on this one.

Fitting in the texture with the WarCraft III artistic direction would look a heck of a lot better than going for a plain texture.

Using a plain texture would just look a little odd I guess, and with this approach to the models and such, the project will have some real biting edge, a uniqueness which allows it to take on a life of it's own, rather than being a straight clone of the average Pokémon game.

Level 16
Why the heck is everybody complaining!?? I LOVE it! The texture of the skin is truly well-found and has an effect that it is wild (dirty),, the shell texture is awesome, it gives a tough look to a sweet charmender,, i agree HC, keep it this way! >=D

Well, HFR has made a nice list of anims,,
i suppose this is what they should be:
Flamethrower/Ember - Channel
Headbutt - Attack 1
Scratch - Attack 2
Tail Whip - Spell

Seems best to me,, but i guess it is your call ;)

EDIT: I agree with LoS, an attachment point on the tail would fit well and come in hand,, but of course ALSO use particle

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ok, the model is good, I must admit, but why the belly line is all screwed and messed up???

Fixing that, and I don't find any more problems in it (unless if the animations will be choppy and bad xD)

Yixx!!!! What do you need? Please tell me that you want a quest for the first gym or something!!!!

BTW, you have to choose between your dragon and the sig. Somebody must die!!!! xD

Level 16
Lol, just make a nice quests,, a kid in the forest, a weedle swarm, a drug addict,, w/e
and, no! You got a choise: Kill me and change the sig, or get a new internet cable! xD
Cause my internet only uses about 2 secs to load my sig, so i got no problem with it,, and my dragons are lonely, so they NEED their space there =P

Level 5
that Charmander is really incredible, don't change a thing!
HC, I hope your style is consistently this amazing in all your upcoming pokemon characters! Keep it up!

Level 23
the head looks screwed up D: Other than that, it's awesome. So... anyone have a torch and some oil on hand? We need to light his tail :p (likely to be an attachment?)

wow that charmander kicks asssssssss

keep the texture. the texture would match the envirnment better, since this is REAL LIFE pokemon, not 2nd demension shit.

Totally agree :D

Level 16
Uuuh, HFR, image cut down? On my computer they are next to the Pkmn RPG sig, i did that on purpose so the Project wouldnt suffer from it, but wth do you see then? Cause none of my pics are cut off! =S

Well, HC, i guess you see what we say: We want Particle AND attachment on the tail! >=D

Status
Not open for further replies.