• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Plate Armor Knight

My attempt at a semi-realistic looking unit

As usual I encourage everyone use it as they please, and sending me a note whenever you do makes me happy.

update 11.11.2018: made the metal gray like everywhere else in warcraft, made the helmet more detailed, tweaked some anims, hero version added
Contents

Plate armomr knight - hero (Model)

Plate Armor Knight (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section. Good job!
Level 14
Great model and impressive animation wise! I would love to see a Hero version.
The only issues are the strangeness at the end of the slam animation - looks like the hilt fell out of his hands - and the transition form the walk animation to the stand one is too brutal.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Good looking and well animated. Don't know why but it reminded me of a character from Berserk.

Amazing model.
Lacks pommel throwing, sadly.

Yeah, you gotta end them rightly :D

Level 32
Amazing model.
Lacks pommel throwing, sadly.

Yeah, you gotta end them rightly :D

Well in fact I planned it at first but then just burnt out, I may add this later

Great model and impressive animation wise! I would love to see a Hero version.
The only issues are the strangeness at the end of the slam animation - looks like the hilt fell out of his hands - and the transition form the walk animation to the stand one is too brutal.

Yeah I should fix that really. And adding hero form should be a problem

Level 32
My thoughts are he is too skinny for wc3. What's with the hips and shoulders bumping in attack and spell animations? Somehow the animations look cartoon-y...

Do you mean clipping or just swaying around? As for the cartoon look, I'm kinda going for that on purpose, warcraft itself is quite cartoony after all

Level 4
This is... priceless. Watched all the animations with mouth open. Lookin' forward for more!!!:vw_love:

@Edit: Forgot to add, was lookin' for such model like this (proper plate armour, two-handed sword with appropriate animations and MORDHAU) for few years, recently I gave up. Thank you for pulling me out of sadness!

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Geez, I don't even like this model & I like it. ;D

Amazing as always. I've never cared for "realistic medieval" stuff but plenty of people do & this is On Point (with Tom Ashbrook). For me, I'm gonna try to find somewhere to use those sexy animations...

Hey, is he supposed to be slipping the sword down his hand & striking with the pommel on Attack Slam?? Or am I just misreading it...

Level 32
Pavise Crossbowman ?
Medieval Pikeman (with a Bill) / Halberdier ?
Fat medieval lord (cloths / Armored / Mounted) ?
English Longbow Yeomen ?
Medieval Horse archer ?

AoE2 ftw

Just as a matter of fact, how many crossbowman models do we already have?

Hey, is he supposed to be slipping the sword down his hand & striking with the pommel on Attack Slam?? Or am I just misreading it...

Yeah, they actually did that irl, not exactly like I made it here but still

Level 13
There might be, not sure what to make though
We definitely could use a more realistic, Warcraft-styled field cannon.
Like, something horizontal and menacing meant for blasting lines of troops to pieces. The Cannons are more like bombards, and the other cannon models are ... meh and old.

Either way, this guy gives me commander-type vibes. I like the mustache under the helmet, and the pommel smash with the attack slam animation is funny.

Level 3
Just an addition, I think the attack slam is bugged (he hits with the handle), also you could add an spell anim or something, with that sword I just imagined him doing a spinning attack of sorts hahaha

It's not a bug, the attack slam animation is supposed to be a mordhau or murder-stroke.

Very cool model btw Gluma.

Attachments

• Mordhau.jpg
    Mordhau.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 75
Level 5
... not realistic

Hmm. I don't get how those models aren't "realistic". Do you mean to be historically accurated or something? art style maybe?

This Plate Armor Knights looks cartoonish/warcraftish and that's exactly the reason it's beautiful and awesome :p

Level 32
Level 3
Do you have any intention of making enough of these medieval-style models to fill out a faction roster, similar to your lizardmen, or would there just be a few one off models. Speaking of the lizardmen those look great too.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Exceptionally good and historically accurate model! Well done, friend.