• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Plants vs Zombies extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Uhm.. So i have an idea to make a PvZ in Wc3, which has more features than the original games, basically it'd be just like tower defense but like PvZ, Zombies will attack (eat) your towers (plants), what special about this map are:

+ We can make more than 1 round which have different maps.
+ We can make more modes, more fun :D
+ We can make Zombies come from different ways (circle, lanes, everywhere) Or 1 ways like original game for new players.
+ Multiplayers, each player will have limited plants, and they must support each other (Pea, Boom, Wall, Sun...).

* We can make some alternate plants too :p

So, i would need someone to help me on coding, terraining (maybe), about other ideas about the map (Zombies, Plants, Modes..) we can discuss together, i will handle the models (modelling and animating).

Leave any feedbacks if you have, i dont know if people are interested in modding an existed game into wc3 or not, but no harm on trying, thanks for reading ^^

Level 14
What is funny is that PVZ is inspired of wc3 td mods and after there is mods who are inspired from PVZ.
It might be interesting but what happens is that the previous PVZ mod in wc3 I have seen where far from completion and stopped evolving search a little this mod it might help you (except if it was already made by you but I have seen it the last year)
But never forget that making sunflowers drop sun is stupid because players hate this or use auto-click (or have suffered heavy brain damage) they should directly give the income and you should not have to pick up coins (for same reason).

Level 20
Nah i'v never made a PvZ mod in Wc3 before :p

Bout the income, i also thought that forcing players to collect coin was weird too, whats in my mind is to force player(s) to plant sunflower, and every 5(changeable) seconds, it will give them money, if the current map is sunny, they all will be given money from time to time as well :xxd:. And blover for sight in an amount of time..etc...

Level 6
Good idea indeed!
But there is a problem with whole bunch of zombies(fast, armored, jumping, flying, spawning, underground etc.) and towers, you'll need a lot of zombies and towers models.
I think it's easier to create nice tower war (opposing players able to create towers as well as buy "zombies") using PvZ ideas(lane system, units and towers with the same ablities and so on)

Status
Not open for further replies.