• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Plants vs Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
plants-vs-zombies-deal-banner.jpg

Happy christmas,
today i want to present my Plants vs Zombies map (based on the the famous PvZ by Popcap).
Some month ago Timcampy tried to create a similar map but he used GUI (which sucks cocks).
New version 0.2!

Game information:
-Singleplayer
-New: Multiplayer
-Tower Defense
-5 Level

Plants implemented:
-Sunflower
-Peashooter
-Cherry Bomb
-Wall-nut
-Potato Mine
-Ice Pea
-Chomper
-Repeater
-Squash
-New: Jalapeno

Zombies implemented:
-Zombie
-Conehead Zombie
-Pole Vaulting Zombie
-Buckethead Zombie
-Door Zombie
-NewspaperZombie
-Dancing Zombie
New:
-Jack-in-the-Box Zombie
-Zomboni + Bobsled Team
-Bungee Zombie
-Gargantuar
-Imp

Gamemods:
-Normal Level
-New: Versus
-Bonusgame Vasebreaker

Screenshots:

pvzscreen0.jpg

pvzscreen1.jpg

pvzscreen2.jpg

pvzscreen4.jpg

New:
pvzversus.jpg

pvzvasebreaker.jpg

Credits:
Thx AaronVTW for the nice models

pvz_christmas_s02.jpg

Have fun!

Attachments

• PlantsVsZombies 0.1 prot.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 328
  • PlantsVsZombies 0.2 prot.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
Level 6
Cool, That awasome. But, make teh house more bigger. And added road on top, just change your terrain base with Photoshop or GIMP.
And Give cheat's, like pinata (Doesn't like cheat's, because, that just buff).
Add fence belong left side and right side of over house side.
More:
1. Crazy Dave.
2. Zomboss.
3. Digger Zombie's.
4. General Zombie (When over level).
5. Almanac Book.
6. Mushroom family (Puff-Shroom, Sun-Shroom, Fume-Shroom, Graveyard Eater, Hypno-Shroom, Scraedy-Shroom, Ice-Shroome, Doom-Shroom, Magnet-shroom).
7. Water family (Lily pad, Kelp traper, Sea-shroom, Cat-tail).
8. Exploder (Jalapeno, Chery bom, Doom-shroom, Ice-shroom, Potato mine).
9. Wake-uper (Cofee bean).
10. Defender (Wall-nut, Long wall-nut, Cactus, Pumkin, Umbrealla Tree, Garlic).
11. Buffer (Torch wood, Plantern, Pumpkin, Marygold). Ultimate buffer (Gatling pea, Twin sun-flower, Multishot-shroom, Cat-tail, Ice Watermelon Catapult, Gold-magnet, Spike-rock, Corn-cannon).
12. Traper (Potato mine, Chomper, Hypno-shroom, Ice-shroom, Squash, Kelp trap, Spike-weed, Spike-rock, Blover).

AND MORE. I HAS COMPLETE IT 8x.

Level 2
Its time a PVZ map came out! I love it! Nice work! Does it have the credits song? It would be very fun.

Edit: The wall-nut if clicked on, sounds like a 'human farm' maybe you should change the sound. And I couldn't identify some zombies..

Level 8
Downloading... Downloaded.... Testing....

EDIT:
Me Too Map??? O.O
Done testing...
Hmm...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/plants-vs-zombies-td-ish-199667/ ???
Anyway I just saw your first line :p

Okay. Use a dummy unit and lock the camera to unit...
Hmm... I like the map but try to tilt it a bit so it doesn't look so weird(It currently looks like we're watching from a bird's eye. The game isn't like that is it?)
Wall-nut has the Farm's soundset.
Try to make the unit's unclickable by using trigger, I found one somewhere but I forgot where...
Alternately you can add the Locust ability to the plants and zombies but that will require a few tricks to make sure the zombies attack them.
There's a nice zombie model somewhere around here..!

Overall, Nice map... Will be watching out for this.... But I still feel this is just another Me Too map.. No offense....

Last edited:
Level 8
@Mr.Foxy LOL^^
@KnnO i added the stomp effect because I like it
@hellboys12345 I dont want to add any songs because i work on a multiplayer version and i already change the farm sound. Btw someone noticed the kodo sound of the chomper?
@Cryophoenix
It currently looks like we're watching from a bird's eye. The game isn't like that is it?
The game is 2d. -.-
Try to make the unit's unclickable by using trigger
I think its useful to select the units for example to see the zombie names.

Some month ago Timcampy tried to create a similar map but he used GUI (which sucks cocks).
It this line really needed.
Btw this can be created with GUI...

Anyway, map is ok, I would like to suggest sun flare spawn interval or whatever show somewhere.

Also you can place models of all towers and zombies on the unuseed par of map and place description about them there, or place them all around filed, and when player click on them show msg on the screen or just show ability with unit description and so on.
Because some zombies have abilities that can be displayed.
Also you can share hints on easy difficulty or level 1.

Level 8
I released the new Version 0.2!!

Add new GameMods:
-Multiplayer Versus Mod
-Bonusgame Vasebreaker

New Zombies:
-Jack-in-the-Box Zombie
-Zomboni + Bobsled Team
-Bungee Zombie
-Gargantuar
-Imp

New Plants:
-Jalapeno

Miscellaneous:
-added Lawn Mower
-Now you cant click on the zombies (better planting)

Screenshots Versus and Bonusgame:
pvzversus.jpg

pvzvasebreaker.jpg

Level 6
I has complete this game, very nice game.
On ending, a sun flower is singing. LOL..!
NOTE: Red text isn't your map.
O ma, I suggest you to adding it fence belong on side okay.
Please, use
code to minizime your image.

Level 5
Yay! I'm a fan to of PvZ so here a couple idea's :

- Make a fence on the top of the screen
- Make a background picker (you can pick between roof or pool, ect)
- Make ADVENTURE mode, that will be AWESOME
- Make the opening cinematic (When you played a level, the camera goes to the road... like real PvZ)
- make more plant's (I'm not too advanced but make the builder can choose a class, like pea plant in there own category, bomb plant, or anything, so you can make more plant)

I know It's hard, but you can do it!

Level 5
I love it :D! (and can't stop playing)
The best thing is the music when this Zombie Troll is comming and the loading screen!
Keep going with it, I can't wait for new versions!

Can I suggest you to use icons placed on the ground instead selling items for picking abilities.
This way you can pick Plants just like in original game!

Example can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/ultimate-gui-hero-pick-system-2-3-a-192082/
You will need icons only so it should not be so hard.

I can spare some time and create basic example for you if needed, just basic few icons, you just copy and paste code and do work until finished.

EDIT:

Here check attached example.
Ofc I was lazy to make icons so I copy and pasted them but border and terrain is real.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 411
Level 8
@-Kobas-
Do you use trackables or units that are selected?
I think both ways are slow and i already use trackables to place the plants.
There would be too much delay when you play on the internet.

Atm i stopped working on the map, there a serveral reasons:
-AaronVWT doesnt create new models (he says that he does not have enaugh time atm)
-I searched a (german) mapping partner but I failed
-I want to work with a 3D Game Engine because I dont want to create wc3 maps in 10 years
-I like my code and the layout of my structs and therefore it should be easy to continue working on the map later

So if a vJass and mapping pro who had many projects is interested in implementing the Night Plants i could send him the source and give him an introduction of my structs and systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.