• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Place your map link here for detailed review and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Review no.7

NAME : Solar System

Ya, terrain is cool since all the planets are moving. One of the best space terrain I had ever seen. But regarding the speed, oh man, this is the most lagging map I had ever played! I couldn't test much because after few seconds, everything seems not moving at all. You need to focus on how to solve this problem if you really want other people to use this map as their terrain.

Level 17
Review no.7

NAME : Solar System

Ya, terrain is cool since all the planets are moving. One of the best space terrain I had ever seen. But regarding the speed, oh man, this is the most lagging map I had ever played! I couldn't test much because after few seconds, everything seems not moving at all. You need to focus on how to solve this problem if you really want other people to use this map as their terrain.

Anyone should give up a map if even one unit is endlessly moving using triggers...

It just isn't right...

Level 3
although the unit is endlessly moving, that is not a bug, if the triggering is done well, the map will not be that lag and it will be a nice background for the game, its just like the birds flying in the sky which you can see in many of the maps out there. The difference is that, the birds fly randomly but these planets move in a specific order.

Level 17
although the unit is endlessly moving, that is not a bug, if the triggering is done well, the map will not be that lag and it will be a nice background for the game, its just like the birds flying in the sky which you can see in many of the maps out there. The difference is that, the birds fly randomly but these planets move in a specific order.

Wait, do you have experience in Map Making??? Cause those are very far off topics.

Level 12
Yeah, the map runs perfectly for some people, and terribly for others. There seems to be no in between. For me it runs at 140 fps. But that's because I have a mac and the mac version of wc3 runs a little smoother. On the adverage windows, it runs at 23-45 fps. Big difference. I'm working on ways to make it lag less, but the best solution there is (I'm afraid) is to remove some more objects....

how about the other map I submitted? Could you review that one because this one wasn't much of a review seeing as your computer couldn't handle it?

Level 3
Wait, do you have experience in Map Making??? Cause those are very far off topics.
of course, i am good in triggering, that's why i said that.

how about the other map I submitted? Could you review that one because this one wasn't much of a review seeing as your computer couldn't handle it?
you mean Star Trek - Universe? I will review that one soon.

Level 3
Review no.8

NAME : Tetris

- (4/5%) Game Details
I think the information are enough because this is not a hard game. By the way, I clicked F9 for info and the first objective starts from "6) xxxx..." instead of "1) xxx....", which means the first few lines were disappeared. Please split the objective into 2 parts.

- (6/10%) Map Terrain
Since this map is simple, why don't you make choices for players to choose the terrain they want instead of the defaulted terrain? Try to put something to decorate the background instead of putting it all black.

- (6/10%) Game Graphics
You didn't make any picture for loading screen. The Minimap picture is not that beautiful too. If you play the game with first type of camera, you may feel that the models are simple. But if you played with 2nd or 3rd type of camera, you will see that the models are cool. Good work! The icon button for "move left" and "move right", I don't think they are suitable. Try to use other icons or make a new one. Another thing is that the 2 icons are totally same ("move down" and "drop") too.

- (4/5%) Game Flow
A little bit lagging when the screen is full of bricks, but still acceptable.

- (5/5%) Game Complexity
The game is very easy to play, maybe because this is a very famous game.

- (N/A) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
Not applicable because this map has unique gameplay.

- (N/A) AI
No AI. By the way, this is single player map. Not applicable too.

- (N/A) Balance
There is nothing to balance for this map.

- (5/10%) Creativity
The only creativity for this map is "warcraft III version for Tetris". Therefore you won't get high marks for this part. I think you can try to add more things to the game. Maybe another game mode called "2 players mode" put 2 players, each players play their own tetris, who ever finished the game first wins the game. Or "Time Challenge Mode", which means you have to finish the game before countdown timer elapsed. Or "2 players take turn mode", single tetris with 2 players taking turn to play it. They have to cooperate with each other in order to beat the game. Try to add more things if you wish to make it more fun.

- (9/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
I noticed that sometimes the same type of brick will be given continuously. I think you need to use triggers to check for it. If the same brick was chosen for you continuously for more than 3 times, you should change it to another type of brick. So far the only bug I found in this map is this one.

- (5/5%) Time
Since you can choose how many levels you want, you may end the game fast or slow depends on what you chose. That is good.

- (4/10%) Game Replayability
Not much modes to choose, so the replay value is not high.

Calculation:
(48/70) x 100% = 68.5%

Total Marks : 68.5 ( CREDIT )

Level 3
Review no.9

NAME : Ice Warriors

- (1/5%) Game Details
The information is not enough. No Quest(F9), no messages on loading screen / minimap too. I know this is a simple game, but try to put some messages too because I am sure there are noobs out there who do not know how to start the game.

- (2/10%) Map Terrain
Oh my god, the terrain is so ugly. You need to work hard on this part.

- (5/10%) Game Graphics
The Minimap screen is nice and cool! But you didn't make any custom loading screen for this map. Not much customized models and skins in this map too.

- (5/5%) Game Flow
The game play is smooth. I think because there isn't much units to slow down the flows.

- (5/5%) Game Complexity
The game is very easy to play, just kill your enemies. That's all.

- (4/10%) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
Yes, those hero abilities are cool and I love them. But I think you should make more abilities, because only 4 abilities (same abilities for everyone) in the game without any items will make the game boring.

- (3/10%) AI
The only thing the computer players will do is to move to the center of the map at start. Other than that, the computer will not do anything unless it's been attacked. Not a good AI.

- (10/10%) Balance
Everything seems balanced in this map. There isn't much to balance too.

- (5/10%) Creativity
The only creativity for this map is the ice skating which causes your hero to move automatically.

- (7/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
Please remove the hero if the player is not active or not playing the game. If the hero is dead, it shouldn't be moving anymore. The other parts still ok.

- (5/5%) Time
Since you can choose how many total kills you want in order to finish the game, you may end the game fast or slow depends on what you chose. That is good.

- (3/10%) Game Replayability
Not much modes to choose and the heroes are all same, so the replay value is not high.

Additional Good Points:
Small File Size (+4%)
100++ KB is really a small game file and you earned marks for that!

Total Marks : 59 ( PASS )

Level 12
Map Terrain
...coming in next version. (Great Suggestion!)

Game Graphics
I have a really nice loading screen. i begged my friend to make it. and he did. and then i really really liked it. But after being a host to let others dl. its just makes my map to big. I feel that it had to go...I cry ed that day... Ill reconsider putting it up. but online it takes considerably longer to dl.

Creativity
I agree!, But i feel its stands fine on its own. This i think you ranked me perfect on! (At some point in my life i plan on adding few modes. but i want to be 100% i wont do mulitplayer with it first.)

Game Errors / Bugs
Same piece again and again. I have seen that, But its a random seed i pretty sure. But maybe your right after a piece is picked 3 times i should not allow it to be picked 4th time in arow.

Well, I know that It just straight didn't work on one mac computer. But i tried on others and it worked fine.

Ok Overall. I loved your review. I agree with everything except for
Game Graphics i don't think it should be required to have a loading screen. I think its fine. But i see your point!
If i were to rate you as a judge i would say 10/10. Thnx for the help
p.s Dark.Revenant is good reviewer too, too bad my game basically didn't work on hes comp. But for some reason he still gave me a decent rating.

Level 9
Shadow Hunters V1.5 AI
Hello, the map Shadow Hunters v1.5 AI is a sniper map, with 3 modes and thousands of options that im sure you will have fun testing if you like to be sniper, before releasing the version i want to make sure that there is anything needed
the known bugs are :
1-AI sucks at CTF (doesnt capture flag, moves only randomly)
2-Sometimes shooting at the head from the back may miss (will be fixed on the full release)
3-AI may cast spells on teammates (very low chance, will be fixed on full release)

Map Informations:
Changelog:
-Added AI (bots) to the map
-Reworked the ability Barrage
-Reworked the ability Airstrike
-Reworked loading screen
-Added some quests that include credits, controls revised, and blacklsit
-Added a blacklist system
-Added a new command : -Hidemessage, -Showmessage (all)
-Added a new command : -DisableCollision, -EnableCollision (player red only)
-Added a new command : -Suicide (all)
-Players now have sometime to read Commands
-Reduced map size by ~400 KB
-Changed some sounds for optimizing features (i feel this one is retarded ) )
-Reduced map lag by ~3-4 times (now slow PCs can play the map)
-Most of system messages color important text with the color Red now
-Reworked CTF flag region, and map edges (unsure if its the same map edges for v1.4)
-Minor Sniper Model Changes
-Fog now changes with the terrain type

Many other changes that i forgot to write, play to see.
Modes: -Capture the flag, -Team deathmatch, -Free for All
Suggested Players : 1-10
Genre : Warfare (Realistic Sniper)
Ammo per magazine : 15/10/5/1/none (choosable by host)
Musics : 43 (read commands)
Can manually customize scope - Yes

Controls : Arrows (move sniper or scope) (can use mouse for sniper's movement)
Z : Reload
X : Shoot
C : Magnify (for scope only)
V : Activate Sniper Scope
A : Sprint
S : Stop
D : Barrage
F : Throw Bomb
R : Air Strike

Terrains:
Northerend (Ice Environment)
Ashenvale (Forest Environment)
Barrens (Desert Environment)
Hell (Hell Environment)
Iceworld (Frozen Environment)
Underground (Deep Cave Environment)

Sky/Weather : Dependant on terrain

Alot of +Reps to be given, direct suggestions/reports/comments prefered

thanks, have fun

i cant upload via hiveworkshop for some reason, heres via mediafire:
Shadow Hunters v1.5 AI.w3x

Level 3
Game Graphics
I have a really nice loading screen. i begged my friend to make it. and he did. and then i really really liked it. But after being a host to let others dl. its just makes my map to big. I feel that it had to go...I cry ed that day... Ill reconsider putting it up. but online it takes considerably longer to dl.
maybe you can try to resize the picture. how big is the size currently?

Level 3
Review no.10

NAME : Dread Wars

- (5/5%) Game Details
This game has a lot of information for players. That is very good. I love the tutorial video, that is cool!

- (10/10%) Map Terrain
Terrain is very beautiful and real. I really love this game's terrain. I can see that you are good in terraining. Keep it up. But try to cancel the weather effect because this will slow down the game.

- (6/10%) Game Graphics
The Mini Map and Game Loading screen are good! Although its just the print screen of the game. However, there isn't much customized models I can found in this map. Mostly are human and undead normal units. Maybe you can try to include units from other races too.

- (3/5%) Game Flow
The map is quite lagging, you need to check your triggers. I guess one of the reason is the weather effects. Try to create commands to disable the weather effect. Or make it disabled by default.

- (4/5%) Game Complexity
There are a lot of things in this map which could make you busy. For me it is still ok, but some of my friends found it very complicated because a lot of upgrades and researches here and there. But you still get high marks in this part because you included a lot of messages and hints in the Quest.

- (6/10%) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
Not much customized abilities in this map. Mostly are built-in abilities. I suggest that you could create more abilities using triggers. And the items are too few. By the way, I like the hero advance abilities.

- (0/10%) AI
No AI for this map.

- (10/10%) Balance
There is nothing much to balance because every players get the same hero / buildings. Try to make more unique things for each player.

- (6/10%) Creativity
I think you are creative in making those upgrades / researches. i love those 4 special techs too. And the idea of corrupting enemy towers are cool although this idea can be found in some other maps too. However, actually the game play are just normal - kill others while converting villagers to zombie to fight for your side. Maybe you can try to create more modes for this game because its quite boring after playing for a long time. Maybe you can include a special boss hero for human race. Include more items, simple but very useful items. You may also include a "Simple Mode" which exclude those complicated units / upgrades so that some noobs will love the game.

- (5/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
Found a few bugs in this game. At the beginning of the game, I wonder why you make the camera stops for few seconds. I think the time is too long for that. Why don't you just put those heroes at the starting camera point? And the tutorial video cannot be skipped if we mistakenly turned the tips on. Another thing is that I suggest you to make the heroes auto revive, and manual revive should charge some cost. Dead zombies will scare villagers away. The food limit seems doesn't work.

- (2/5%) Time
The game last quite long. The revival time for hero is too long and the game is a bit lagging as well. You can try to make a short mode for this map.

- (6/10%) Game Replayability
It gets fine for first time players, but if you played for few times, it gets boring because the heroes / units are same every time. Try to make more heroes and items choices. By the way, it still have replay value because you made few choices at the beginning of the game.

Additional Bad Points:
Big File Size (-2%)
2400++ KB is a big game file and you may consider to reduce the size.

Total Marks : 61 ( PASS )

Level 6
My response to the review.

Game Graphics - Theres few models, but I find the best maps are made with what tools are provided, and no so much imports.

Game Flow - I've never had lag, nor ever had any complaint of lag. Sounds more like a problem on your end.

Game Complexity - I'm confused, do you get points for making it simple, or making it complex? Because it sounds like your taking points for making it too complex..

Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities - New abilities, I can totally dig that. The purchasable items are only in the game by popular demand, I don't feel the game should really require items at all. You didn't mention anything about the dominances neither.

AI - I might add it for humans, but players have trouble enough with them as it is, and honestly I don't find it necessary. AI should be more of a single-player game thing, not so much an online game.

Creativity - Your knocking me about it being too simple, then suggest I add a simple mode?

Game Errors / Bugs - Camera stops to let players finish lagging (if they are). Its only 4 seconds.. I don't put the heroes at the starting camera because the heroes are made judging by how many players there are, and the loading screen uses the starting camera. Duh? Tutorial video can be skipped if you turn it off, if you turn it on, then thats kind of your own problem. Heroes auto reviving, probably something I'd add, but I won't make the heroes cost anything. Dead zombies scare villagers away, its annoying I know, I plan to change that once I stop being lazy. Food limit thing was actually fixed, I just forgot to upload the newest version >.>

Time - It lasts as long as a ladder match, I timed it like that on purpose. If both players just sit and build up, it will take time, but if a player rushes and wins, its over. Hero revival is long, so just don't lose your hero. I added so many ways to keep your hero alive, I think a long revival (and by long I mean default) is a decent punishment for losing him. Again, I've never seen or heard of lag related to the map specifically. Short mode? Not really something I'm looking to add.

Game Replayability - The rules and the base you choose change the game. However, I do think I need some more perks to it, maybe make only 1 research tree able to be researched to 5. More heroes is a thought, but unlikely, and the only additional items I'll be adding is upgrades of the dominances.

Also, you took off points for the big file size, but didn't give points for the custom music? Even if its not your thing, it adds so much more flavor to a map than one without.

Regardless of my many disagreements, I appreciate the review.

Level 24
Review no.9

- (1/5%) Game Details
The information is not enough. No Quest(F9), no messages on loading screen / minimap too. I know this is a simple game, but try to put some messages too because I am sure there are noobs out there who do not know how to start the game.

- (2/10%) Map Terrain

- (5/10%) Game Graphics
The Minimap screen is nice and cool! But you didn't make any custom loading screen for this map. Not much customized models and skins in this map too.

- (5/5%) Game Flow
The game play is smooth. I think because there isn't much units to slow down the flows.

- (5/5%) Game Complexity

Yes, those hero abilities are cool and I love them. But I think you should make more abilities, because only 4 abilities (same abilities for everyone) in the game without any items will make the game boring.

- (3/10%) AI
The only thing the computer players will do is to move to the center of the map at start. Other than that, the computer will not do anything unless it's been attacked. Not a good AI.

- (10/10%) Balance

- (5/10%) Creativity
The only creativity for this map is the ice skating which causes your hero to move automatically.

Please remove the hero if the player is not active or not playing the game. If the hero is dead, it shouldn't be moving anymore. The other parts still ok.

- (5/5%) Time
Since you can choose how many total kills you want in order to finish the game, you may end the game fast or slow depends on what you chose. That is good.

Not much modes to choose and the heroes are all same, so the replay value is not high.

Additional Good Points:
Small File Size (+4%)

I am not sure that you have the right version. Can you check out the one I submitted to the contest. (See link is sig (my maps)

For the AI you need to add in computer players.

Last edited:
Level 3
Ah, But perhaps hes computer is a lot like many many other computers that may play your game. :)
agree

Game Complexity - I'm confused, do you get points for making it simple, or making it complex? Because it sounds like your taking points for making it too complex..
You will earn marks if the game is easier for a beginner to play. I plan to give you low marks because its quite complex, but since you made so much documentation for this game, it makes the game easier. Therefore, you still earned the marks.

Creativity - Your knocking me about it being too simple, then suggest I add a simple mode?
don't get me wrong, i said the game is not that hard for me, but for some noobs they may find this map hard to play. Your map are not too simple.

Tutorial video can be skipped if you turn it off, if you turn it on, then thats kind of your own problem
On the starting menu, you did not mention that the tutorial is actually a video. Some of the players may misunderstood that is just some hint message displayed on screen.

Also, you took off points for the big file size, but didn't give points for the custom music? Even if its not your thing, it adds so much more flavor to a map than one without.
No I won't give extra marks for custom music because that is just importing. Some of the maps I reviewed before also have customized music.

well here's no.11: WarCraft Maul: NeXtGen v2.27 (based on Warcraft Maul Complete 1.4)
here's the link D: Click Me!
Not 11 because I still got a lot to go before I could review yours hehe

For the AI you need to add in computer players.
Ya, I did add computer players.

Level 14
This is my first original attempt in world editor. So, criticism will be helpful if I am to continue making maps. It is basically a seperate map for the final boss of Twilight of the God's (Enhanced).

HUGE NOTE BEFORE YOU PLAY: The goal of this game was to create an IMBALANCE but defeatable, for if it is was completely balanced, it would betray the real boss fight in WoW. If you have fought Archimonde in WoW, then you should know that he is an extremely difficult boss, and he can never be offically on "Farm" status. He is possible though, just requires practice. If a player leaves, another player will get control of their units. There is no computer AI, since raids are about human-interaction and getting over other peoples flaws. A computer would defeat that purpose.

All of his abilitys are listed on the download page for the map. For my own little tribute to the Warcraft lore, if you play the game again after you beat Archimonde, you can go back down the summit and see things that were recoreded in the lore. For example, you can see Kil'jaeden offering Illidan the power of his orb if he kills the Lich king, and you can attempt to fight them. Good luck!

Battle against the Defiler - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

~Asomath

"World Editor Trainee"

Last edited:
Level 3
ok, I have tried your new version. So far only the AI is changed.

Review no.9 (Re-review)

- (1/5%) Game Details

- (2/10%) Map Terrain

- (5/10%) Game Graphics

- (5/5%) Game Flow

- (5/5%) Game Complexity

- (10/10%) AI
Ok, I have seen the AI you made in this new version. That's cool. I tried to play with all AI players and the game are so challenging since the AI are so aggressive and hard to beat! very good.

- (10/10%) Balance

- (5/10%) Creativity

- (5/5%) Time

Additional Good Points:
Small File Size (+4%)

Total Marks : 66 ( CREDIT )

Level 3
Review No.11

NAME : The Exiled City

- (5/5%) Game Details
Well, I can see that all of these information are enough for a newbie to play the map but mostly are same as dota.

- (5/10%) Map Terrain
Terrain is similar to dota, I think you made the map by using the dota template. therefore you won't get high marks.

- (5/10%) Game Graphics
There is no custom models and skins. The minimap picture is not beautiful as well.

- (4/5%) Game Flow
Still ok although there is a bit lagging.

- (5/5%) Game Complexity
Not hard to play because the map are very similar to dota, even the bases, creeps, items abilities.

- (2/10%) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
I din't see any custom abilities done using triggers except you made the text to be displayed when the spells are casted. The abilities are too normal and mostly built in abilities.

- (0/10%) AI
No AI.

- (4/10%) Balance
Some heroes are very good but some are very weak. The items are not balance as well.

- (1/10%) Creativity
I don't see any creativity except the text shown when a spell is casted. This map is just another AoS map without any specialities.

I think the creeps movement are so messy. Some of them move at wrong directions. No descriptions about the heroes before we select them.

- (5/5%) Time
Well, the normal game last quite long. But since you made short mode and uber mode. then you still get full marks here.

Not much heroes, items and modes. Not much specialities because this is just another AoS map. The replay value is low. I suggest you should play more other AoS map and get idea from them. For example : the police catch thief map.

Additional Bad Points:
Big File Size (-1%)
1500++ KB is a big game file and you may consider to reduce the size.

Total Marks : 45 ( FAIL )

Level 3
Review No.12

NAME : Shadow Hunters V1.5 AI

- (4/5%) Game Details
Yes, the information is enough for us to play the game. There are a lot of tips too. But sometimes is quite annoying. I think you should make a command to turn them off.

- (10/10%) Map Terrain
Terrain are very interesting because the players can choose what type of background and either with obstacles or without obstacles. This is very good.

- (2/10%) Game Graphics
The Mini Map picture is nice, but the loading screen picture sux. The words are blur and we couldn't see clearly. Quite messy too. You should work on it. There is no custom models in the game too. Therefore, you get low marks in this part.

- (4/5%) Game Flow
The flow are fairly well, not perfect but acceptable.

- (5/5%) Game Complexity
The game is very simple to play. Just like counter strike, kill your enemies and survive. That's all.

- (0/10%) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
I didn't see any. Mostly are built in abilities.

- (6/10%) AI
The AI is good. But a bit silly, the action is very slow when it is firing at enemies. I noticed that the AI only keep patrolling at the center of the map. They won't go other place else.

- (10/10%) Balance
Yeah its balanced because all units are the same. I suggest you can try to make unique hero for each players.

- (3/10%) Creativity
The only creativity in this game is the movement which uses arrow key and also sniper stuffs. Other than that, everything is just warcraft III normal things.

- (6/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
When the AI is killed, it won't revive. Therefore, it makes the game won't end. In the sniper vision screen, sometime I pressed arrow keys but the camera doesn't move.

- (5/5%) Time
Since there are commands to set the maximum kills to end the game, the time needed to complete the game varies each time, which is good.

- (5/10%) Game Replayability
Although there are few modes and items, the heroes are all same. After played for few times, it gets boring easily. I think you still need to create more heroes, items, spells and more game modes in order to make this game interesting.

Additional Bad Points:
Big File Size (-1%)
1500++ KB is a big game file and you may consider to reduce the size.

Level 3
Review No.13

NAME : WarCraft Maul: NeXtGen v2.27

- (4/5%) Game Details
Ya there is enough information for us to play the game. But please change the font color, don't use the dark color (even your game title) because it is hard for us to see. Use shiny colors like green, yellow will be better.

- (4/10%) Map Terrain
Terrain are ugly and similar to original warcraft maul.

- (2/10%) Game Graphics
The Mini Map picture is nice, but no loading screen picture. I have not seen any customized skins / models too.

- (5/5%) Game Flow
The game ran perfectly well.

- (3/5%) Game Complexity
The game are quite complex because there are a lot of towers to be built.

I didn't see any special one. Mostly are built in abilities.

- (N/A) AI
No AI, I can exclude the calculation of this part because there are very few maul maps with AI out there.

- (7/10%) Balance
Not really balanced, some towers are strong but some are weak.

- (7/10%) Creativity
I like the idea of turning your builder to good side / bad side and races. There are a lot of stuffs in this map too, which is good. But the main game play is still like a normal maul, which makes it not unique.

- (9/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
So far no errors were found except that the enemy units will stop a bit when they are moving.

- (1/5%) Time
I think you should make another mode with just 10 levels. Because either 25 or 50 levels will take a long time to finish this game. The building time is super slow. Try to change it.

- (8/10%) Game Replayability
Since there are a lot of buildings and stuffs in this map, therefore the replay value is quite high, maybe you could add more modes in order to make it more interesting.

Calculation:
(50/90) x 100% = 55.5%

Total Marks : 55.5 ( PASS )

Level 9
Notes about Shadow Hunters:
Ok i have lack of units and heroes, but Items and Abilities?!

- (6/10%) AI
You have a mistake; the ai doesnt patrol to center of the map, actually a random point in the map which is walkable.

- (6/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
Please have you got replay.

Level 3
Ok i have lack of units and heroes, but Items and Abilities?!
what I mean by custom abilities are the abilities that done using triggers. Your item abilities are actually normal built in abilities like boot, knife, mine etc I won't count that in. Maybe you can create item like this: place a invisible "bomb" item on the ground, then use another ability/ item to manually trigger the bomb and deal damage to enemies. Or maybe a time bomb that have countdown timer before it explode. Something like that.

You have a mistake; the ai doesnt patrol to center of the map, actually a random point in the map which is walkable.
I have tried few times, mostly they patrol at the center part of the map because when I go to the center of the map, usually can find a lot of AI there. When I used GPS, I always find them at the center of the map too.

Please have you got replay.
No, I didn't save. You can have a try, put 5 AI for team 2. When you killed them once, they will not revive anymore.

Level 28
The Mini Map picture is nice, but no loading screen picture. I have not seen any customized skins / models too.
Ehh what? Sorry but i dislike this point because the mapsize grows by 1/6 when i add a loading screen. Same goes for the customs, they increase the map each by 60-100kb per model and that is not wanted for a maul due to it's not an rpg.
I didn't see any special one. Mostly are built in abilities.
... you did not build any ultimate tower? Here are your 'no special ones'
Also the animals indeed have both units AND a hero.
Terrain are ugly and similar to original warcraft maul.
It IS a warcraft maul

In general, i'm not convinced of this review. It's not objective at all. You measure the gamegraphics with custom loadscreens and minimaps.. i COULD add hunderds of cuzstom units but that would give my map a ridiculously high size. And that would be a negative result in a category you forgot -mapsize/complexity which compares the filesize with the diversity the map offers e.g. a map with 133 customs and size 3.8mb but no extras (just linear) shall result negative. It's neither offensive nor i mean this in a disrespecting w<y but i am of the opinion you should think about the objectivity in your review measurement.

Level 9
@jesnsen

There are actually plenty of triggered abilitys/items.

And i am sure they patrol at random point in the map, but because the map size is a bit small, you see them like in the middle of the map.

As for AI doesnt revive, i'll revise that

ps. thanks for the remote mine idea.

Level 3
Review No.14

NAME : Apocalypse Day

- (5/5%) Game Details
I can see that there is a lot of useful information provided in this game, which is very good.

- (4/10%) Map Terrain
Although you made the players to choose the custom terrain, the actual terrain layout is not that good. And it is similar to DDay Judgement's terrain. It makes me feel like I am playing another DDay map. There is no shortcut from paths to paths as well, which makes us hard to switch paths or escape.

- (9/10%) Game Graphics
The Mini Map and Game Loading screen are beautiful! Too bad they are quite blur. Especially the game title. I guess you are just trying to reduce the size of the map. Maybe you can resize the picture first before you add the game title, so that the title will not be that blur. I see a lot of customized models and skins in this map. Good work!

- (1/5%) Game Flow
The map is lagging, I think you should look into your triggers and prevent the leak problem. A laggy map is not fun to play.

- (4/5%) Game Complexity
Still ok, not that hard to play because it is just like DDay / AoS style. And you worked hard in making the tutorial / hints as well, which makes us easier to understand the game.

- (8/10%) Heroes, Units and Items Custom Abilities
Yeah they are amazing! I love that so much. I can see that you worked hard in this part. Good work!

- (0/10%) AI
No AI for this map.

- (6/10%) Balance
The game isn't balanced. Some heroes are stronger but some are weak. And the items are imbalanced too. Some heroes spells (4 spells) are good in damaging all kind of enemies but some of them only have 1 or 2 spells that can damage all kind of enemies. I think by default, there should be no powerups because usually tomes are the main reasons that make an AoS map imbalanced. You can try to make the tome disabled by default and create a mode called "Powerup Mode"

- (3/10%) Creativity
There isn't much creativity in this map because mostly are DDay's idea. Like the special commanders, Countdown timers, etc. It makes me feel like I am playing just another DDay map. The only difference is the spells and items.

- (10/10%) Game Errors / Bugs
So far no errors or bugs were found when we played the map just now. Congratulations!

- (5/5%) Time
Well, the normal game last quite long. The tower armor are strong and quantity is too much. But since you made short mode, which means the game time can be shorten a lot when we played short mode. It makes the game flexible and that is very good.

- (10/10%) Game Replayability
So many heroes, items and commands / modes are definitely good for us to play this game again.

P.S. I won't reduce marks for you for big file size because I know you made a lot of custom skins.

Total Marks : 65 ( CREDIT )

Level 11
Thanks for your review.

About the terrain:
There is no shortcut from paths to paths as well, which makes us hard to switch paths or escape.
there are shortcuts between corridors, just take a closer look.

Game Graphics:
I guess you are just trying to reduce the size of the map.
i'm trying to reduce the map filesize as much as i can. and btw the loading screen has just 110kb ^^
i know it is a bit blurry but for its filesize looks good ;)

Game Flow:
I think you should look into your triggers and prevent the leak problem
almost all the leaks are removed. on my pc isn't lagging at all

Balance:
Some heroes are stronger but some are weak.
Every Hero has a difficulty (beginner, intermediate and experienced). Usually strength Heroes are more powerful (for beginners), Agility Heroes are for Intermediate and Intelligence Heroes are most of them for Experienced players.
It's very hard to make a perfect balance between strength, agility and intelligence.
And the items are imbalanced too.
i dont think so, you may think that the Heavy Weapons/Armors are imbalanced but they aren't at all. They must be upgraded to reach the final weapon/armor, you can't just buy the strongest one.
there should be no powerups because usually tomes are the main reasons that make an AoS map imbalanced. You can try to make the tome disabled by default and create a mode called "Powerup Mode"
well the powerups aren't very cheap. the best advice is to keep your money for other items not spend all on tomes (it's said in one of the tips ;)
i like to have the powerups by default (i'm a major fan of dday and maybe that's the reason). right now i have the No powerups mode.

Creativity:
It makes me feel like I am playing just another DDay map.
DDay was inspired by 3 corridors maps.
DDay was very popular some time ago, but right now DotA owns all.
First version of A-Day was made by me about 2 years ago just with the RoC editor. It was a very basic map and i've decided to start remaking it 6 months ago.
Apocalypse Day (firstly Apocalipse Day with a grammatical error) is a pretty old map.

Thanks again for your review! +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.