• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirate

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A powerful pirate, armed with a longsword and a pistol. Based off Footman Model.

This model was a real pain, but real fun, to make, so I hope you guys (and gals) enjoy it.
Please give credit if you use it, and don't modify it. I said please.

*Fixed Decay Animations
*Shrunk hand-cannon
*Smaller head
*Redid portrait and picture
------------------------
*He now fires and stabs straight ahead
------------------------
*Now with an ACTUAL PISTOL!
*Improved Particle Emitter
*Remade Picture, to incorporate new pistol design.
------------------------
**Added Camera, so portrait isn't necessary anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys (and gals.) Please keep it coming.
PORTRAIT NO LONGER NECESSARY.
---------------------------
*Now has a weaponless Alternate animation set
*Has an improved animation set

Keywords:
Pirate, Privateer, Ship, Sailing, Boat, Pistol
Contents

Pirate (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: (Unapproved) [11-11-07] Fix the decay anims. He's popping back after he dies. EDIT: Werewulf: Nice, glad you updated it, portrait could be better but nice ...just..nice model o.0. Works ingame, approved. Edit: [Rejected]...

M

General Frank:

(Unapproved) [11-11-07]

Fix the decay anims. He's popping back after he dies.

EDIT: Werewulf: Nice, glad you updated it, portrait could be better but nice ...just..nice model o.0. Works ingame, approved.

Edit:
[Rejected]
This model is rejected until further notice, due to author's request.
I quote his message:
Lord_T said:
But somewhere Along the long line of updates, I corrupted it, and it's weapon looks funky. I request that a moderator could Reject my model until further notice, I really wouldn't like corrupted versions of my model circulating.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f554/about-my-pirate-model-97362/

Level 8
Cool, Im gonna be making a Soul Calibur Arena, and this would make a great Cervantes!

Level 3
Yes this model is completely outstanding.

PLease, fix the decay animation for it to be approved, it is wonderful.

Level 3
A tad too bright for my tastes, but meh every1 has thier likes and dislikes.
Oh and you need a different spell animation, I don't think humans have they're chest inflate when they do something magical (regularly)
Other than the spell it's pretty good 4.5/5 or if you prefer 8.5 out of 10

Level 3
nice

Pretty Damn Awsome but he has a lot of "gaps" Im gonna use him in a cinimatic but i noticed when his limbs move the have a lot of parts where you can see the background. Ya i know most models have these but well... hard to explain... Ill use arthas model as example... When he raises his arms and you are up close in cinematic mode you can see through parts of his body. Same thing with this dude. But i only take one off for that so he gets 9/10 =)

Level 3
heres a idea for a pirate use general proudmore and modify him . plus his pistol isnt even possible to see in game it is a good attempt but kinda a failure but it is a good idea just done not well (i would like to see what your edited version looks like) (i wanna see how general franks version of a pirate would look like). perhaps u should make him stand up straight and make his pistol bigger or put a rifle on his back and make him dual wield cutlasses cause your current sword isnt very detailed and looks a little bit sloppy plus u cant be a pirate without a cutlass

Last edited:
Level 22
heres a idea for a pirate use general proudmore and modify him but him not be touching the ground when hes running cause when hes moving it looks like he licking the ground dont make him crouch plus his pistol isnt even possible to see in game it looks like hes holding his crap in his hand = THIS MODEL SUCKS. good attempt huge failure but it is a good idea just done badly i wanna see how general franks version of a pirate would look like

If it sucks so bad, then don't use it. GTFO and make your own.

To all those with constructive criticism (thanks, BTW) I will be looking into some changes... so ya..

Level 8
Glad you pointed that out. The weapons do seem slightly off and he is begging for a new weapon. You could simply add a curve to the sword and make it into a scimitar.

Yeah, Id say make a dummy model of this with just the gun and find an attachment, or he could just make one, or just take off the double sided blade and replace it with a curved slim blade and change the handle or make it smaller.