• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picture/Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
PDP is supposed to be the dope shit, but I'd take a real DW kit over a PDP any day. DW makes some of the best drum sets around. And they don't use Tama's weird plastic mounting system.

Frightfully expensive though.

My next set is going to be from a startup called D-Drum. They make excellent sets at very cheap prices, because nobody knows who they are.

Looking at 2 rack tom, 2 bass drum, 2 floor tom sets. That'll be next. Whenever I get the 1200 dollars needed for the purchase ^^
PDP kits are made in DW's Mexico factory (although they are still good drums). DW's are hand-made at the HQ in Oxnard, California.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting new heads in the next month if I get some cash, and cleaning up the shells. Make 'em look all purdy.
That should look great.

Just so you know: Evans or Remo. Both have their strengths, but don't buy from anyone else, because they'll be shit.

I use Evans for my toms and bass (Very low sounding, loud but not overly acoustic) and then Remo for my snare (Powerstroke, loud as hell, no ring, very little reverb).

But you work with what fits your sound best.
Apparently, Aquarian heads are also excellent. As you said though, it probably depends a lot on the sound you want and the construction and material of your drums.

Huh, well my phone camera is really bad, and i couldn't even get a pic of the whole thing because there wasn't any space. But here it is in pieces. The cymbals are paiste 2002s.
Nice kit! :D

Although, your left bass-drum pedal seems almost as if it's under your snare and really far from the hat. That has to be uncomfortable to play either of them.

Level 36
I was referring to 'Real DW' as in the hand-made DW's as opposed to the offshoot which is PDP. Sorry for not being more clear ;)

Void, I didn't know you could do that. I stand corrected.

I've heard good things and very bad things about Aquarian, which is why I've decided to stay away from them. Evans and Remo are both all around solid and have every sound you could want between their various lines.

Level 9
Oh... OK here is my sinister expression:
n1406913959301132275859.jpg

Level 36
I was referring to 'Real DW' as in the hand-made DW's as opposed to the offshoot which is PDP. Sorry for not being more clear ;)

Void, I didn't know you could do that. I stand corrected.

I've heard good things and very bad things about Aquarian, which is why I've decided to stay away from them. Evans and Remo are both all around solid and have every sound you could want between their various lines.

Yeah. I wish I could get a real DW kit, but from what I've heard, that's like $5000. Maybe that's what I will get next if my band makes some cash. Mine is a PDP, but probably one of the best PDP kits you can get.

Level 34
New computer setup and new computer. So sexy.
Just need speakers. I want the Logitech Z-3200.

Attachments

• IMGP1312.jpg
    IMGP1312.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP1315.jpg
    IMGP1315.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGP1318.jpg
    IMGP1318.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGP1319.jpg
    IMGP1319.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 66
Level 34
Antec 300. There is a thread in the computer section on this guy. Samuraid helped me with part selection.

It's got a Radeon 4870 in it. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.