• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Picture/Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would post again and see if any of you photoshop masters would mess around with it.

186044-albums3350-picture33383.png

The girl on the rightmost is mahhhh crush....

Level 17
Whoa, for a second there that picture looked like your arm was sticking straight out of your neck. Then I realized you were just leaning forward, hur hur.

Level 34
Just got a Canon Rebel XS, it's pretty awesome. Apologies about the crazy huge file size. Gotta keep the quality, right?

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Level 34
oh_snap, what parts of Canada did you get to see/are you in?

More photography. I love my new camera. Criticism is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 195
Level 34
I was in New Brunswick, and I was on the border of Nova Scotia, at one point.

Really loved Fredericton, and the scenery in the province was just amazing.

~Snap
Haven't done much in Fredericton, other than drive through, but New Brunswick is pretty beautiful. I love the areas around St. John.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

oh_snap, what parts of Canada did you get to see/are you in?

More photography. I love my new camera. Criticism is welcome.

Looking sweet. The close-up pictures could probably do with less waste though. I mean, the one of the steel fence with the majority of the image being a lake/river/whatever .. it looks almost like you were trying to take a picture of the lake, but couldn't get the focus working. xP

Level 34
Wow, that camera really makes any shot impressive.
I'd beg to differ. It's the photographer, not the camera. It sure helps though. :p
I have tons of photos that I'd never show anyone, and they are of the exact same locations. Lighting, color, focus, and position are all skills acquired, not the camera.

Looking sweet. The close-up pictures could probably do with less waste though. I mean, the one of the steel fence with the majority of the image being a lake/river/whatever .. it looks almost like you were trying to take a picture of the lake, but couldn't get the focus working. xP
I don't follow you. By waste, do you mean when the majority of the photo is blurry and washed out? That is the effect I wanted. It draws your eye to whatever I want your eye to go to. For example that chain link fence.

Level 17
Well generally speaking, shots of a fence aren't terribly impressive. Especially ones of the chain-link variety. Why include a background that seems more promising than the foreground if you're going to give the viewer a distorted view of said background behind a crystal clear view of a rather bland fence. At least take a picture of sexy ladies or something in the foreground. Then I won't care what's in the background.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is; less fences, more sexy ladies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'd beg to differ. It's the photographer, not the camera. It sure helps though. :p
I have tons of photos that I'd never show anyone, and they are of the exact same locations. Lighting, color, focus, and position are all skills acquired, not the camera.

I don't follow you. By waste, do you mean when the majority of the photo is blurry and washed out? That is the effect I wanted. It draws your eye to whatever I want your eye to go to. For example that chain link fence.

I think leet summed up what I'm trying to say pretty well, but yeah, I realize you intended for it to be blurry, but it looks more like an accident because what you have in focus is of little interest (to most, I guess).

Level 34
Personal preference I suppose. I still think it's the best shot there, but perhaps my tastes are just odd.

Level 34
Yes. That shot was probably f/5, which allows for only a small area of focus. Set at f/22 I could have had a majority of the picture in focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.