• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pick destructibles, cast ability on position of picked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I'm working on an ability where I use Thunder Clap as base ability.
I made a trigger that picks all destructibles within 500 yards of caster when used and kill picked destructibles.
However, my problem is, I want to make the trigger put a "burning oil"-like ability on the position of the picked destructibles.

So simply I want an ability that kills all trees around me and makes the ground where the trees were, start to burn and deal damage to nearby enemies.

How can I do this?
+rep to those who help, since I really need help here... :eekani:

Level 2
@spencenator
I'd like an example trigger, I had that idea form the start too but I don't know how to make the trigger order the dummy to cast "ability" on trees or create dummy with active immo at position of ***** I don't know what to call the picked trees exept "picked unit but "picked unit" doesn't work since trees are destructibles and not units =S

Level 2
@Mortar
I said that the thing I don't know is HOW to place the dummy at position of killed tree... I know you can create a dummy and give it immolation... Also I said Burning oil-like ability (an ability wich have the same kind of effekts like burning oil meaning an aoe that stays on the ground for some seconds and burn units who walk there) Next time don't "-.-" someone before you made sure you know what he/she's asking for...

Last edited:
Level 14
Getting the location is pretty easy if you know how to pick destructibles.
  • TreeKiller
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tree Killer
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 500.00 of TempLoc and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set PointDestructible = (Position of (Picked destructible))
          • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
          • -------- Do your dummy things here. Here's an example of creating the dummy unit at the position of the destructible: --------
          • Unit - Create 1 YourDummy for (Triggering player) at PointDestructible facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointDestructible)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
Triggering unit refers to the unit that casted the spell while Triggering player refers to the owner of that unit.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks, I jsut need to ask one more thing. Not really good at variables (x= is variables I think) so what kind of variables are they? Integers, etc and what values? Thank you really much for the help =P

Edit: Solved it, point variables =P Thanx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.