• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ability Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey can someone help with this Trigger its suppose to set the spelled being bought to a hotkey as Q W E R. depending on which order they where bought in, so Spell 1 bought = Q Hotkey, and also so it gets described as Hotkey'ed to Q but i am kind of lost

• Hotkey'ed Spells
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Picked item) Equal to Hoykeyed[(Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))])]
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Thorn Aura
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Frost Nova
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Chain Lightning
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Set Hoykeyed[(Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))])] = (Item being manipulated)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Set Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to 1
          • Item - Set Description of (Item being manipulated) to |c00FFFF00 Q |r
            • If - Conditions
              • (Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Set Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to 2
              • Item - Set Description of (Item being manipulated) to |c00FFFF00 W |r
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Set Position X of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to 3
              • Item - Set Description of (Item being manipulated) to |c00FFFF00 E |r
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Position Y of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to 1
              • (Picked item) Equal to Hoykeyed[(Position Y of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))])]
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Set Position Y of Ability[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to 1
              • Item - Set Description of (Item being manipulated) to |c00FFFF00 R |r
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
I have no clue what you're trying to do with this. If the position of X of an ability is 1 why are you trying to set its position to 1 again?
I hope you realise you're not changing hotkeys, just the position of abilities they are in the command card. You can't change hotkeys by triggers.

Level 5
I have no clue what you're trying to do with this. If the position of X of an ability is 1 why are you trying to set its position to 1 again?
I hope you realise you're not changing hotkeys, just the position of abilities they are in the command card. You can't change hotkeys by triggers.

The last one is Y.
Even tho i am not sure if X 1 2 3 4 will line up one after the other

Level 5

Oh now i understand what you wrote :D

Hmm you probably right

I have no clue how this work, also cant find any other threat about this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.