• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I'm using a windows xp. I've got a feeling that is the problem. What is the highest version that I can go? [...]
1.29.0b is the last version to support WinXP.
For the record, there is an error in the 1.29.0 patch notes. They say that "This will be the last version to support Windows XP". But what one must understand instead, is that it is the entire line of 1.29 versions (up to and including 1.29.2) which should still be compatible with that OS.

Somewhere along the release of v1.29.1 / 1.29.2, it was the *Battle.net app* itself which would no work anymore on that OS. This made things quite a bit difficult and challenging for XP users back then, and led to some confusion as to what still worked on that OS.

YQ5G7Fw.jpg RV6t4lo.jpg

It is imho a good thing that WC3 v1.29.2 does not require any installed version of the Battle.net app, in order to run.

Level 6
I had a dubbed pirate version installed on my PC. This one just didnt run for me untill I installed my original eng WC.

It doesnt detect half of my maps and the other half crash the game :(
WTF has Blizzard done to this game?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Well you'll notice I asked if it was legit; I didn't assume it was. :<
Rest assured I did notice.
:wink:

The Warcraft 3 part of this site may seem ok (and it most probably is), but when one digs, one may discover... stuff. As an example, they advertise and recommend Warcraft Assistant 2.2.0.0, which ships with a imho questionable plugin.

I had a dubbed pirate version installed on my PC. This one just didnt run for me untill I installed my original eng WC.

It doesnt detect half of my maps and the other half crash the game :(
[...]
One installed version is not enough to rule them all. Care to provide more details please?

Level 6
One installed version is not enough to rule them all. Care to provide more details please?
Yes - Run B:\Warcraft III\x86_64\Warcraft.exe - an error like please enter your correct cd key - jump out of game immediately - Uninstalled WC - Installed my correct WC - patched it (1.27 i guess) - Installed this downloaded content - It runs the game.

Level 2
when i downloaded the zip, it has no campaign file at all even in my programs file and documents

then i tried making a campaign file together with warcraft3 file but unfortunatly, its not working too.

Level 7
when i downloaded the zip, it has no campaign file at all even in my programs file and documents

then i tried making a campaign file together with warcraft3 file but unfortunatly, its not working too.
Make sure campaigns is written like Campaigns and the Warcraft folder name is Warcraft III not Warcraft 3

Last edited:
Level 20
I did the download and booted up the game only to have it be set to version 1.29? was something changed?
I didn't change anything - my upload is still 1.31.1.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea why it shows up as 1.29 for you, the only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you have/had some other version installed and that's somehow causing problems (though I heard people were able to use different versions just fine), but that's a long shot.

Level 4
Thanks man, couldn't find it anywhere.

Something i noticed: (im using the 1.8gb upload, maybe this doesn't happen with the 1.9gb upload)

If you choose another language than english, the game will freeze right before a unit says something you didn't hear yet in this language and download it, might depend on your net speed/PC specs)

I uploaded more language fixes, we got english us, english uk, chinese china, chinese taiwan, french, german, italian, korean, polish, russian, spanish

Japanese & czech used to exist in 1.26 but blizzard didnt bother adding them 1.31

World Editor Test Map Crash Workaround

Can't test map in World Editor cause it launches the game without a command line and that means i can't use "-graphicsapi Direct3D9" to save me (if i dont use it the game will crash after loading ends in every gamemode)

So the workaround i found is: when you want to test your map, save it as "Tesstmap.w3x"

Make new shortcut to Warcraft III.exe and add this command line
-graphicsapi Direct3D9 -loadfile "path\Tesstmap.w3x

Exemple:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\x86\Warcraft III.exe" -graphicsapi Direct3D9 -loadfile "C:\Maps\Tesstmap.w3x

It's gonna do the same thing World Editor would've done when you clicked "Test Map" except theres -graphicsapi Direct3D9 this time and it only takes 3 more seconds to alt tab and run the shortcut.

Attachments

• Language fixes.rar
    3.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Level 1
upload_2020-11-22_14-46-11.png

how to solving ,i cant open custom map~~~

MB help~~~

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-22_14-41-54.png
    upload_2020-11-22_14-41-54.png
    401.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
I downloaded the 8 split parts and tried to unzip it using WinRaR. But it says the archive is corrupt, I cannot download the 1.8gb file as I get only 1gb data daily. i redownloaded the files still it says the same thing. I have to also delete my 1.30 warcraft 3 version. Please help.:cry::cry::cry:

Level 28
Hello, first of all, thanks for sharing this! However, I have a small problem : Has anyone found a solution to the game stuttering? I get spike lag/freeze so often like when I try to move the camera, train a unit, give order, etc...
I know this question has been asked before but none of the solutions I found worked :/

Level 27
Hello, first of all, thanks for sharing this! However, I have a small problem : Has anyone found a solution to the game stuttering? I get spike lag/freeze so often like when I try to move the camera, train a unit, give order, etc...
I know this question has been asked before but none of the solutions I found worked :/

From my own experiments with 1.30.4, one type of stuttering is caused by the language. If this one is in English and you change it to Spanish for example, when you click every unit and they say their line, it lags, the solution is left the client in their original idiom. This one sounds like the one you're reporting, just let the client on their native client idiom and it will work.

Other that i found based on playing Shadows of Hatred, is that there is some lag based on unit creation, heroes reborn, units created and saying their first line. There is something on that process that fucks the game, maybe the AI. For this one i can't find a solution, unless.

Last edited:
Level 20
how to solving ,i cant open custom map~~~
Are you sure that map is compatible with 1.31.1?

I downloaded the 8 split parts and tried to unzip it using WinRaR.
I tested these archives after uploading and they were fine. Try unziping with 7zip.

If that doesn't work, I'd say the most likely cause is that one or more parts got corrupted while downloading.

From my own experiments with 1.30.4, one type of stuttering is caused by the language.
I think this was reported somewhere in this thread too. @Warseeker in case you haven't, try changing the language back to English.

Level 28
From my own experiments with 1.30.4, one type of stuttering is caused by the language. If this one is in English and you change it to Spanish for example, when you click every unit and they say their line, it lags, the solution is left the client in their original idiom. This one sounds like the one you're reporting, just let the client on their native client idiom and it will work.

Other that i found based on playing Shadows of Hatred, is that there is some lag based on unit creation, heroes reborn, units created and saying their first line. There is something on that process that fucks the game, maybe the AI. For this one i can't find a solution, unless.
I think this was reported somewhere in this thread too. @Warseeker in case you haven't, try changing the language back to English.
How do I do that? When I started the game for the first time everything was in french since all my other versions are in french too.

Level 20
So I guess this backup is only available in English? I have no problem playing in english though.
It was originally in English, but language settings are stored in the registry. If you only copy game files, you won't have the registry keys, so the game will default to your operating system language, which - as it turns out - causes stuttering. Anyway, happy that you fixed it.

I'll add info about the stuttering issue in the OP.

Level 7
Thanks for the post, my 1.30e editor quit working. I think cause i opened the new one and blizzard sabotaged my old one. Anyways I opened the regedit and deleted the values for the editor and it works now. Funny thing was when i went to play battle.net i got a few errors and then it updated, so everything is working good again.

Level 21
Hey there,

since I downloaded this version (which has been great) I have not been able to import new maps into my game. even maps I create - I can open and test through WE, but I can not get them to appear in game.

I think this probably has to do with the way things are now saved for me:

inside the original wc3 folder, a new folder was created (named x86_64) with the new versions of the .exe files for wc3 and the editor. The original .exe files in the original folder don't work anymore. the 'maps' folder is inside the original main folder and there is not a new duplicate inside the subfolders with the .exe files that work.

anyone know how to fix this?

Level 21
Maps should be put in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps - not in the WC3 installation folder.

my whole version of warcraft is in C:/program files(x86)/Warcraft 3

and the maps are a subfolder of that. do I still need the maps to be in a separate directory under documents? (at the moment I'm not sure why I didn't install it as per Masterblaster's specifications, but I'd rather not have to delete and reinstall everything if possible...)

do I still need the maps to be in a separate directory under documents?
Yes, since 1.28 all user data is under Documents, including maps, replays, campaigns, etc.
There should already be a folder called "Warcraft III" there if you've launched the game at least once.

Level 2
I followed all the instructions of this patch, I installed it, but I had to delete everything again, because when it worked I did not like how the game worked, it looked super slow, unless I tried one of my custom campaigns, I have Windows 10 64 bits I'm installing everything again, updating the game in a traditional way with the warcraft launcher installer, but this is another problem. Updating is too slow and I don't know what happens? help me what can I do?

Level 20
Updating is too slow and I don't know what happens?
I think the instructions say pretty clearly that this version isn't meant to be updated :)

And the download is pretty slow, because... well, Reforged has 25-ish GBs of disk size, so it's going to take a while to download unless you have really fast internet.

Either that or it's something with your ISP/Blizzard ;)

Level 2
I think the instructions say pretty clearly that this version isn't meant to be updated :)

And the download is pretty slow, because... well, Reforged has 25-ish GBs of disk size, so it's going to take a while to download unless you have really fast internet.

Either that or it's something with your ISP/Blizzard ;)

1- Your instructions I understood my friend, I already said that if I install the files of your patch publications

2- But the problem is when I start the game it is slow, I have a new pc with windows 10 64 bits, I also had to create the folder to save the custom campaigns, the games are also not saved, the cinematics do not work and surely it has many more things

3- Now my question what does Reforged have to do with it? in this update to patch 1.31, if I see that it weighs a lot I think 28gb or something like that, my internet is not fast and less slow

4- If I install patch 1.30 then it will be better and it will update faster than you think?

I WANT TO HAVE THE LAST PATCH OF THE CLASSIC VERSION, TO BE ABLE TO PLAY ALL THE CUSTOMIZED CAMPAIGNS THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED BECAUSE BEFORE I HAVE THIS COMPUTER, I HAD AN OLD BAD THAT I COULD ONLY UPDATE UP TO PATCH 1.27B PLEASE HELP ME

Level 20
the game it is slow
Slow... how? Slow as - in game slow, but smooth, or is it lagging/dropping frames?

the games are also not saved
I've just checked on my version and I don't have that issue. Do you get any erros? Do you have the save game folder in the directory like in the instruction? If so, are the save files not visible in game, but present in the folder?

cinematics do not work
I've only quickly tested this, but yes - it appears that the one at the start of Frozen Throne doesn't work, but I got the one at the start of Prologue/Human Campaign in the original W3 to play just fine... Regardless, this one I won't be able to help you with. I think the FT one might just be missing/corrupted, but the others (or at least the two I've checked) should work just fine. No idea why they don't for you.

in this update to patch 1.31, if I see that it weighs a lot I think 28gb or something like that
You are NOT supposed to update this version in any way, ever. You download this, put in on the hard drive as per instructions and that's it.

That 28 GB update is version 1.32, a.k.a Reforged.

If I install patch 1.30 then it will be better and it will update faster than you think?
It doesn't matter which version you install - if you try to update it using the launcher or in game or in any other way, you will end up with 1.32.

Unless by "update" you mean downloading the 1.31 archive, in which case you can find some mirrors here:
WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO)

Last edited:
Level 2
1- too many questions hahahaha, when I mean slow for example it takes too long to start the campaigns, the chapters, I had to download a test personality campaign (shadows of hatred) to do the test, it looks with bad graphics, it is slow, it takes Too much in selecting the heroes and warriors and especially in giving the actions like moving and casting spells. I don't like how it looks, do you understand? Is there a solution to that, if there is, will I reinstall your patch?

2- I had to create the folder to be able to save the custom campaigns, in the folder my documents where the warcraft folder came out, when I was playing and tried to save and re-enter I don't know where the games are saved unless in your instructions you didn't say anything that of creating the folders yourself among other things

3- I just realized that cinematic of the others, I don't know, also it is not something that bothers me much, because if I want to see the cinematic I can open it with my player and see it myself to finish each campaign of the classic version hahahaha

4- Brother there is a page called Gaming Tools, which has all the warcraft 3 patches including Reforged, I do not have the famous reforged installed, nor do I want to get it unless not now, as I kept saying on that page, download from its list of patch, the update to patch 1.31 because I can't find another page that has it unless in Spanish, since I live in Latin America and well my English is not good, so you are right that the update is heavy, but I'm sure it downloads 1.31 and if you see that it will have those 25gbs or more that you say

I COULD INSTALL YOUR PATCH FILES, IN A SUPER EASY AND SIMPLE WAY, FOLLOWING ALL YOUR INSTRUCTIONS, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT GOOD, THE PROBLEMS I MENTIONED IN THIS LIST, BUT THE MOST IS THE GRAPHICS THAT SEE SLOW AND THE ACTIONS THAT DURING THE GAME, IF I CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, THE UPDATE I'M DOING DOESN'T DO ANYTHING, THEN I DELETE EVERYTHING AND I REMAIN WITH THE VERSION 1.27BY I PLAY THE CAMPAIGN THAT I PLAY, I WILL NOT SOLVE A LOT TO MY PROBLEM.

Level 20
First things first: there's really no need to write whole freaking paragraphs in caps lock. It feels as if you were shouting at me and I don't like that - I'm reading your posts and trying to understand what the problem is, so I can help you, okay? "Screaming" won't make me any smarter or faster. So, please - just stop.

And a fair warning, if you continue to do it, you won't get any more replies from me.

I don't like how it looks, do you understand?
The thing is that I honestly don't understand. That's why I ask questions.

Looks different how? Are you getting some graphical glitches or something? Because the game should look exactly like it always had, i.e. you shouldn't notice any difference between how 1.27 and 1.31 look. If you do then you either use Reforged HD or something's bugged af.

If you still have it installed, I'd help if you provided a screenshot.

I don't know where the games are saved unless in your instructions you didn't say
Smh... Save files should go here: C:\Users\<YourWindowsProfileName>\Saved Games (or the equivalent in your language)\Warcraft III

Brother there is a page called Gaming Tools, which has all the warcraft 3 patches including Reforged, I do not have the famous reforged installed, nor do I want to get it unless not now, as I kept saying on that page, download from its list of patch, the update to patch 1.31
Why are we even talking about other sites?

The thing is - I don't really understand what you're saying, but just in case - if you downloaded ANYTHING from any other source than the links in the first post of this thread or the thread by @loktar that I've linked to you earlier, then you're looking for help in the wrong place.

so you are right that the update is heavy, but I'm sure it downloads 1.31 and if you see that it will have those 25gbs or more that you say
Dude... Everything you need to use my upload can be downloaded from the links in the first post in this thread. You don't need any patches or updates and if you're either letting it update through the Blizzard launcher or using some patches/fixes from other sites then you are doing it wrong and that's probably what causes your problems.

Also, if you download anything for W3 that has 20GB+ then I'm sorry, but that's 99% Reforged.

What is that ? Tell me how can I do that so that the game does not work so slow give me some instructions to do it in the right way please
Create a shortcut to the .exe, right click on it and select properies (or your language equivalent). Then put "-graphicsapi Direct3D9" (no quotes) in the spot that @loktar was kind enough to show you on an image.

Last edited:
Level 2
I am not writing in capital letters I am doing it in a normal way, I see that the last paragraph that I write that way as such bothers you, but you are right I will not do it again neglect if that causes you annoyance I offer you my apologies, I go back and repeat the The problem is not the patch, the problem is how the game is going and if I'm honest I don't want that heavy update because maybe I'm right, then if the update comes to an end, the game won't work for me, is that what you want to tell me?

Then I will have to create the folder to save the game myself the same as I did for the custom campaigns,

am not going to give up, I will cancel that update because if that seems to be heavy then it is like a waste of time, my question is the game works well for you? let me do everything again as @loktar said and see without it works, I will delete the complete game and I will have everything

Level 20
Yes, the game is working perfectly fine for me - minus that once cinematic that doesn't run for some reason.

And I'm sorry, but I'm going to stand by what I said - I think you messed it up with the patching/updating or whatever it is you're doing.

If you want to try - do a fresh install (exactly as in the instruction and with no patches/updates/whatever) and try what loktar told you if you notice any performance issues.

Level 2
Yes, the game is working perfectly fine for me - minus that once cinematic that doesn't run for some reason.

And I'm sorry, but I'm going to stand by what I said - I think you messed it up with the patching/updating or whatever it is you're doing.

If you want to try - do a fresh install (exactly as in the instruction and with no patches/updates/whatever) and try what loktar told you if you notice any performance issues.

Yes friend, thanks for the help you are giving me, lady for minutes I am deleting everything in the Warcraft folder, uninstall the game to reinstall, thank goodness I have the game on DVD and well I will install it again and use your patch following your instructions, but i'm sure i did it right, but i'll do what mister loktar told me to do maybe work better because i haven't tried that.