1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by MasterBlaster, Feb 4, 2020.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reforged - Reforged screwed me over again! *Solved*

2. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    For the record none of your solutions worked.

What did work was deleting the RegEdit keys for World Editor, and THAT worked.

If you mean to actually be more helpful than drive-by posting links so I can find a solution out of all of that you need work on that.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't tested it myself so they're not my solutions. Those people wrote what worked for them and I assumed it might come in handy.
    I'm sorry you are still unhappy even after finding a solution.
    Next time I'll make sure not to even try.

4. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    In any case it's not even a solution. If you so much as open the Current Editor the same issue happens again.

TLDR: You either pick one editor or the other; it doesn't like both anymore.

You didn't even try the first time.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you having some spare time for cheap fun?
    I did not encounter the issue, hence why I did not even need to try.
    Again and for the last time. I assumed those things might help you since people encountered similar issues with older editor versions not running anymore after installing Reforged or 1.32+.

Thank you, good night.

6. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :eekani:
    Wow, rude.

@Razorclaw_X:
    Fyi this issue has already been discussed (and solved) on the Reforged Battle.net forums. Obviously, you didn't even try to also look for a solution there.
    :ogre_hurrhurr:

Having multiple versions of the game installed is not officially supported, except when one is using the latest official release of WC3 along with the PTR version.

You may not switch OSes, but you can run them in any number of Virtual Machines you need, as guests. Surely I could post a link to get you started, but I am ultimately refraining from it, because of what you have written here:

Good luck with your projects.

7. hexhound

hexhound

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tried this on Win7 and can't get the window to input my CDkey to show up as anything but gray with no input fields. Any ideas?

8. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is what I did, as pointed out before:

9. Regedit

Regedit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think version 1.31 is the most stable (with native widescreen resolution) but also the one with the most bugs ...
    The most annoying is the lack of inventory for tyrande (campagnia degli elfi n.2) and grom (orchi campaign n.7)
    Has anyone managed to solve without upgrading to reforged?

10. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then it is not the most stable, you just contradicted what you said.

11. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think version 1.30.4 is better, for it still has that widescreen support, but less bugs, etc. However, if you TRULY want to get into modding/modeling, I would highly suggest ditching that widescreen support and using patch 1.27. That's the Golden WC3, with the MPQ data files and all.

12. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.29.2 still uses MPQ, support widescreen and have the new natives/triggers. (Not to mention you can still use WEX/JNGP in this version), although it has a bug in changing item name and tooltips when you use triggers/scripts (this is the only known bug in this version that's listed in the logs).

But I am currently making and editing maps in 1.30.4 (I agree it is really the recent most stable version) until Blizzard fix all the bugs they introduced in the editor since 1.31 (But I am playing maps in the latest version). I however do not recommend 1.27 since it is too old and doesn't support maps made in later versions (which mean all maps made past April 2016 are unplayable in patch 1.27).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  13. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Ported Models:
    Resources:
    If you're using the new Blz functions introduced in 1.29 you also have to deal with the indexing not being consistent between all the patches between that and 1.31 when they were all zero indexed. You can get different results without changing any function because of this.

If you don't use the Blz functions at all (or they aren't indexed) then that doesn't matter.

The same is not true for the reverse.

14. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess it's not an issue if I'm using GUI? I am testing my maps at the current version while I am editing my maps using 1.30 Editor and I never experience any issues.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  15. Regedit

Regedit

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes I meant it is better implemented (directx 11 support and higher frame rate), sorry

anyway, is there a way to fix the campaign bugs present in version 1.31 (especially for the lack of inventory in some heroes)?

16. Flkr.Grey

Flkr.Grey

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Quichybo can I have a copy of your clean install?

17. Son of War

Son of War

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You, my friend, you are a damn genius! I mean, I love you, right now I love you. My frustration with patch 1.32 was... and now I have my beloved Warcraft III again. I just love you, I love you. A million thanks really, I had to struggle a bit with the black screen but in the end it started.

18. TechnoWolf

TechnoWolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where do I exactly put the campaigns cause I have put them into the main war3 folder and the x86 folder and they still do not show up?

19. FacelessVoid

FacelessVoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    how to download 1.31.1 PTR client?

20. Uncle Risech

Uncle Risech

Resources:
    Resources:
    C:\Users\You\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns