• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files

Level 2
Oh man thx so much for this.

1.31 completely breaks the game; most of the custom maps dont even work. And i just want to play maps in single player in peace.

Also i prevented the .exe file's connection to internet so it doesnt ask everytime i launch to upgrade to 1.31.

Level 6
That is what i mean. Where do i get my Key from TFT. I have legit version (i have bought it 3 times in my life xD) but since i already have it installed and its digital version idk where to check the key, maybe is something simple, idk. Never had to deal with it :p

EDIT: Found it :)

Last edited:
Level 6
After some tinkering.
If you launch Warcraft 3.exe and type in the TFT key you can now use the editor with TFT.

Where did you type the CD key? I opened Warcraft III aplication and i just get this. If i open the Warcraft III Launcher it starts the installation but it doesnt allow me to install it in its current folder. Weird.

upload_2019-6-4_20-36-48.png

How do u import stuff with this old w3? It says me that "it cant create temporary directory". Should i move the folder to any specific location?

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 7
I just downloaded it and ya you can't open expansion maps until you run Warcraft III.exe and then it took me to a window where I had to type in my expansion CD Key. It somehow knew what my original CD-Key was, and had it already entered for me. Then it said there is an update available and I clicked NO!

Anyways it works for me(CD version running on Windows 7), and thanks a ton for making this or else I could never open my latest project map again! When I would open it in world editor it would say:
Trigger function does not exist in database: GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped
-then-
worldedit.exe has stopped working
-then-
close the program

I even tried deleting my warcraft and reinstalling it (from CD) and even that wouldn't allow me to open my map.

Last edited:
Level 12
I did the same as you. I had this empty windows, waited for 30-60s and after it loading the form to set your TFT CD Key. If not working, try also "Execute as administrator" and check your internet connection is ON.

Where did you type the CD key? I opened Warcraft III aplication and i just get this. If i open the Warcraft III Launcher it starts the installation but it doesnt allow me to install it in its current folder. Weird.

View attachment 324652

How do u import stuff with this old w3? It says me that "it cant create temporary directory". Should i move the folder to any specific location?

Thanks

Level 12
I had the exact same issue with 1.31. Works fine with the 1.30.4 install I put in my Program Files (x86) folder !

Anyways it works for me(CD version running on Windows 7), and thanks a ton for making this or else I could never open my latest project map again! When I would open it in world editor it would say:
Trigger function does not exist in database: GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped
-then-
worldedit.exe has stopped working
-then-
close the program

I even tried deleting my warcraft and reinstalling it (from CD) and even that wouldn't allow me to open my map.

Level 6
I did the same as you. I had this empty windows, waited for 30-60s and after it loading the form to set your TFT CD Key. If not working, try also "Execute as administrator" and check your internet connection is ON.

I uninstalled everything. Then downloaded blizzard installer, instaled it, it only asked for ROC key, i put it and i could play TFT, idk why. Tried with the old WE and it couldnt open TFT maps, so i used the W3.exe and it asked for the Key, now it properly opened and i could write my TFT key. I dennied the update and opened the old WE again, now it could correctly open TFT maps and do imports.

Sooo solved :)

Level 1
On another topic I downloaded the Back to 1.29 file and it runs and all but where do I put it to be able to access my saved games?

Level 1
hey! I'm wondering how can I play custom campaigns in this patch. The general folder don't have a specific "campaign folder", do you know what I mean?

upload_2020-12-26_18-42-48.png

pyf

pyf

Level 32

The answer is in the first post.

Level 4
Ok, so I need some real help here. I'm really not great with computer stuff but really want to get this to work and could use some step by step instructions. I'm running Windows with Parallels. I downloaded and unzipped the package, and I end up with this. What do I do from here?
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 6.03.04 PM.png

Level 28
Ok, so I need some real help here. I'm really not great with computer stuff but really want to get this to work and could use some step by step instructions. I'm running Windows with Parallels. I downloaded and unzipped the package, and I end up with this. What do I do from here?View attachment 396923
It looks like your AV/WD is blocking all EXE files. If so, extract the whole archive again with AV/WD off, then add the entire folder to Exclusions.
Are you on Windows 11? Before installing app/games, Windows Insider Program (especially the Dev Channel) must be installed first. It might be the reason the game is not working.

Level 28
bro can you tell me where are the mpq files? i tried this version now i cant find the campaign files for both roc and tft.
MPQs are deprecated on the latest patches. They are replaced by a 1GB of "Data" folder, commonly known as CASC.
To open it, you need Ladik's Casc Viewer. All Warcraft 3 maps were still made with the MPQ.

Level 1
MPQs are deprecated on the latest patches. They are replaced by a 1GB of "Data" folder, commonly known as CASC.
To open it, you need Ladik's Casc Viewer. All Warcraft 3 maps were still made with the MPQ.
all i see on the "Data" folder are subfolders "config", "data", "indices". these subfolders contain file types i am not familiar with.

btw, is this version of the game good. i have seen some people saying to avoid any versions 1.30 and above. what version would you recommend me?