• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paranoia

a_26_d2e82b92.png

Features:

Save & Load system
Interact system
Player AI (Bot Support)
4 Game modes (Campaign, Versus, Survival and Infestation)
Over different 40 items
100% changed layout of WarCraft 3
5 different soundtracks

Weapons:

AA-12
AK-74M
AKS-74
Combat Knife
Double Barrel Shotgun
Flamethrower
Glock 17
Groza
M134
M32
MP5
Nightstick
RPG-7
RPK-74
Revolver ME 38
SPAS-12
Sledge Hammer
Stechkin APS
VAL

Equipment:

Adrenaline Syringe
Ammo Bag
Ballistic face shield
Bomber Suit
Bomber face shield
Combat Gasmask
Commando Beret
C4
First aid kit
Gasmask
Grenade
Landmine
Laserpointer Attachment
Medical Bag
Night Vision Goggles
Painkiller
Signal Flare
Support Radio Device
Tactical Helmet
XM214 Turret

Game Modes:

127532-albums4408-picture61764.png

Campaign:

You will play the role of one from four russian officers of the secret service. Your first impression is that this mission will be just like any other, but you really have no idea what nightmarish future events have in store for you...

127532-albums4408-picture61762.png

Versus:

Two of the officers from the Spetsnaz encounter a small group of terrorists while advancing through Sector 0. A firefight ensures, but who will ultimately gain control of the sector?

127532-albums4408-picture61763.png

Survival:

While searching for the Data Core, the Delta Squad took a wrong turn, and ended up in a heavily infested Sector 0. You will play the role of one from four terrorists from the Delta Team to fight for your survival.

127532-albums4408-picture61760.png

Infestation:

You will play the role of one from four scientists protecting Doctor Galina while she tries to save the other files in the Data Core, but some of you have already been infected. Will she save the files in time?

Support Art:

Signature:

Use our offical Warcraft III Paranoia signature in order to spread the word about this project.
HTML:
[URL=http://62.141.37.29/paranoia/[IMG]http://62.141.37.29/a_21_49ad1546.gif[/IMG][/URL]

a_9_c9b0b2bf.png
a_20_352fd63b.png
a_17_e25297db.png
a_24_f08b1237.png
a_10_625e7cb3.png
a_11_838496a7.png
a_19_b087c889.png

a_12_35d18594.png
a_13_881e9a5c.png
a_14_227e7f41.png
a_15_afc9ed84.png
a_18_b07de288.png
a_28_c3d5461f.png
a_16_ed697c15.png

Screenshots (Outdated)

Screenshot_Preview_1.png

Screenshot_Preview_2.png

Screenshot_Preview_3.png

Screenshot_Preview_4.png

Screenshot_Preview_5.png

Screenshot_Preview_6.png

Screenshot_Preview_7.png

Screenshot_Preview_8.png

Changelog

Version 1.0 Beta:

Released.

Version 1.1 Beta:

Coming soon.

Version 1.2 Beta:

Coming soon.

Warcraft III Paranoia Developers:

Grievous1 (Leader/3D Art/2D Art/Terrain/Writer)
Modox (Co. Leader/Coder)
Pkw (Animator)

Credits:

Slot
M0rbid
Half Life 1 Paranoia Team (Specialy Buzzer)

Community:

Requirements & Information:

127532-albums3853-picture61783.png

Map Version: 1.0 Beta
Map Size: 192x192
Map Player Limit: 4
Map Filesize: 8mb
Map Language: English

Requires the latest version of WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne (1.26 or higher) and high graphic settings or you might encounter graphic bugs.

★ Required WarCraft 3 Addon: The Frozen Throne
★ Required WarCraft 3 Version: 1.26
★ Required WarCraft 3 Graphical Settings: Medium or High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Lightning Settings: Medium or High
★ Required WarCraft 3 Spell Settings: Medium or High

This map is protected! Please don't edit or export files of it. Thank you very much. :)
© Copyright 2012 WarCraft 3 Paranoia

Keywords:
Paranoia, Dark, Action, Tactic, Soldiers, Modern Warfare, Zombies, Survival, Campaign, Infected, Infestation, Shooter, Defense, Versus, Mutants
Contents

PARANOIA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/01 16:36:10 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:bowser's gonna kill me for rating this first, but oh well, I'll get away with it!!!!! Anyway, check my post in Staff Contact. [tr]Highly...
Level 11
Amazing map, this has that creepy vibe to it. No enough of these kinds of maps! I do insist that you make the campaign longer though, as I love story modes.

Edit: I have a question, is it possible that you can make the save/load pop-up not a dialogue box? One game I hit enter right when it popped up and I didn't get my code :C.

Level 4
and i can't believe you would ever uninstall warcraft 3.

Well my PC was reformatted due to an unknown virus got to my PC even if I have an anti-virus :sad:

Oh well its been a long time since I've been checking out on HWS since I've been busy on my studies...... and other games

Anyways I might check this out since I have a friend nearby that has WC III
And those game modes looks promising :grin:

Level 2
@VHappy
Seriously?
I wonder, did you even played the very first version?
Oh god -_-

P.S Amazing map, loved it =)
*Infinite*/5

Level 5
Hey grievous, I just wanted to ask you, since your RoR map has been cancelled, is there any way I can gain persmission and access to use some of those models? I love them, and I think they would look great in the map I am working on. Just give me a shout if thats alright with you. Thanks, loving paranoia :D

Level 1
IMO- needs a longer campaign >.>

More LEVELS >:C

More Stuff ya ya?

Another level of the medical Ya? No kay fine :<

Level 5
Suggestion Concerning Paranoia

Problems:
I have some issues with the gameplay, i'm having problems coping with shooting using RTS, as opposed to an FPS game. I would suggest changes in these movements:

Camera; Third Person at least.
Allow the movement to go on the directional key pad.

Attack: Remove selection, just make the unit shoot at a general direction it is facing, instead of having to click another place.

Grenade: as attack; but you have to press the key again to fire as interval between presses increases the range of the grenade thrown.

Also, you do not "Wear" a weapon, you "equip" it.

Suggestions:

A. Perk Abilities - not that i want to rip-off COD, but it's nice to have perks.

1. Rapid-Fire: Doubles/Triples your firing speed.
2. Extended Magazine: Doubles your capacity.
3. War- Machine: allows an additional primary weapon.
4. Dual-Wield: Doubles your firing speed and capacity but doubles the reload time and increases shot dispersion. (One handed weapons only)
5. Runner - Increases the speed of your turn and run.
6. Sleight of hand - Halves the reload time of your weapon.
7. Steady Aim - Halves the spread of your weapon.
8. Lucky Shot - From time to time you hit critical parts of the enemy, causing bonus damage.
9. Hardened - Bullets penetrate once.
10. Ammo Box - Allows additional 1 reload for your ammo upgrade.
11. Body Armor - Slows your movement but increases your health.
12. Bullet Hose - Doubles your firing speed, and triples the ammo consumption in one attack but you are attacking much faster. (Only Automatic Weapons)
13. Terminator - Lessens the damage recieved only when firing your weapon.
14. Buster - Increases the damage of explosives.
15. Stealth - Movement is noiseless.
16. Calm Mind - Can reload while moving.

B. Ammo Upgrades- not that i want to rip off from L4D2, it's nice to have them in the game.

1. Armor Piercer - Allows penetration twice.
2. Hollow Points - Increases knockback distance, and adds brief stun.
3. Incendiary - Allows shots to ignite enemies, also lighting the environment.
4. Explosive - Allows shots to damage surrounding.
5. Overpressured - Shots deal extra damage but player is knocked back.

C. New Weapons:

1. Crossbow - 5-shot.
2. Barrett M107 - 1-shot, 10 capacity, natural penetration. (Useful against large monsters)
3. G2 Contender - 1 shot handgun.
4. Smith and Wesson .500 Magnum - 5-capacity, 1 shot, high damage, high knockback.
5. Rheinmetal MG3 - 150 capacity Machine gun.
6. Katana - High speed medium-high damage.
7. Claymore Mine - Directional mine; instead of AOE around, it's AOE in front; basically like a shotgun but a trap.
8: .44 Anaconda - 6-capacity,1 shot, high damage.

D. Weapon Attachments
- Scope: Increases range dramatically.
- Supressor: Zeroes Noise.

E. Visuals

Muzzleflash - please add muzzle flashes as they attack, it's unnerving to NOT see flashes.
Firing Duration - All the times, before all the bullets fly, the player is also moving even when it is not acting like firing.
Firing sound - Even though the AK has 5 shots, the sound is only three shots.

F. Gameplay:
- I wish that Dr. Galina should also be playable. So i propose for the game to have the ability to change players.

- Please remove the map, to allow the players to NOT to see where they are going, giving them the tense experience. I mean, that's what is the system of HL1 right? You have to explore to know where you are.

- Noise: Please add noise system, alarming hostiles when you attack, and monsters will be attracted. As noise goes up, the larger the area people are alarmed. Also moving is also noisy, and it depends to how you weigh.

- Weight: Affects your movement and movement noise.

- Handguns should have their own capacity, but faster shooting and reload.

- Weapons with M203: Say an M4 with grenade launcher.

- About the Penetration system; large monsters can NOT be penetrated, instead the penetration count would increase the damage they receive instead of allowing the bullet to hit whatever is behind.

- Auto-Aim System: Player should be allowed to have an autoaim system as aiming is not easy with a makeshift 3rdperson shooting or RTS gameplay, i'm having problems, those bots are CHEATING.

- Realism Mode; You have to find ammo else you need to use melee, and rest for a while every mission, as your stamina drops. You can use rations to increase your stamina. Guns can only be scavenged too.

- Make the leveling easy, even at 40 waves at survival, i cannot reach maximum level, only at 7 or 8. At campaign, i only reached level 3.

thanks for listening ^_^

Also, i suggest expanding the map to 256x256 to increase the battle field, making the story longer.

Last edited:
Level 5
This map is unique and brilliant. Some textures could be improved but otherwise it is quite good. Well done and keep the updates coming!
4/5
Also even the low difficulties are quite hard

Level 5
[...]
Also, i suggest expanding the map to 256x256 to increase the battle field, making the story longer.
You know that the map limit is 8mb for multiplayer?
We can't put so much features in Paranoia for now unless Blizzard increases File Size Limit.
Maybe we can put some new weapons in there but I don't promise it.

Level 5
You know that the map limit is 8mb for multiplayer?
We can't put so much features in Paranoia for now unless Blizzard increases File Size Limit.
Maybe we can put some new weapons in there but I don't promise it.

Oh, okay that is too bad. Anyways is it possible to add those Ammo mods and perks? Along with a 3rd-person shooter system?

Also i have another proposal; External MPQ resourcing, basically make Warcraft 3 accept another MPQ, so you can just upload the main map file that contains only the map data and triggers, other resources such as sounds, models etc are at a .mpq that is read on the game too.

It's a small price to pay, a little set back but you can have a great gameplay once possible.

Level 5
what is this .reg file?

This interest me!

It's a system file that changes the registered files.

Although i suggest not to, but it's actually too useful to pass up. Besides, with nothing more than 10kbs below, you can just check the command for yourself, and if it's safe, then you can play it.

I certainly would want to play paranoia in more than 65mb.

Level 9
Btw the map i was talking about preloads even landscape, I can show it to u (though u won't play it for long, cuz its language is Russian) and i also give you a link to a registry file itself :p Well, it just allows wc3 to read files from PC. I won't say that it is safe because actually u can map a virus map which will edit something on your PC, but I don't actually think there is any map of this kind, so i'll say it is safe enough. Anyway you can read the file and find it out.

Level 11
I really liked the atmosphere and graphics in this, especially the lightnings (flashlights, broken ceiling lights etc). There were a few times when a mutant managed to walk up to me because I didn't see it. :p
The mechanics were nice too, it didn't feel much like wc3 while playing it.

The campaign didn't appeal to me much, I didn't mind it being short but the gameplay did somehow. Or maybe its just that I always want some more strategic challenges when I play campaigns. :p

Good job, 5/5. :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Btw the map i was talking about preloads even landscape, I can show it to u (though u won't play it for long, cuz its language is Russian) and i also give you a link to a registry file itself :p Well, it just allows wc3 to read files from PC. I won't say that it is safe because actually u can map a virus map which will edit something on your PC, but I don't actually think there is any map of this kind, so i'll say it is safe enough. Anyway you can read the file and find it out.

If i use this reg file, then i can play a map more than 8 mb in multiplayer or LAN , right? . . . or not?
OR just only that Russian map . . . if yes can u give me a try once?

PS. it's not working, i coudln't play on . . . LAN

Level 9
If i use this reg file, then i can play a map more than 8 mb in multiplayer or LAN , right? . . . or not?
OR just only that Russian map . . . if yes can u give me a try once?

PS. it's not working, i coudln't play on . . . LAN

Both no and yes. Map file still can't be more then 8 mb, BUT you can place part of it outside and preload after loading map, like models/icons. And it is playable in LAN, and yes, I can show it to you.

Level 9
Btw its is protected if you wonder. It would be better if I will show it to you, cuz it doesn't look like you speak Ru :D
Anyway:
map
files for preloading (graphics and terrain)
Unpack then in ur wc3, then go in folder alnufirpg there and use "open.reg"
If you worry you can scan anything you want with antivirus and read what is written in open.reg by opening it with notepad.
Still this map is very uncommon and challenging orpg, it will be impossible for you to play it w/o anyone ru-speaking.

Level 2
The game won't end in survival because the turret/health kit/ammo kit is still
being used in Wave mode when we died

We couldn't save our codes as the game wasn't finished because of it. ):

Last edited:
Level 16
Very nice, I've been following this project for a long time but I forgot about it since I started mine. Just noticed it's downloadable now. Great work, the models and textures are very nice and gameplay is ok but the level design and lighting could use more work. If I was part of the project I would pimp that lighting for you so the textures and model would get a better defined contrast but it's way to perfect the way it is. The inside is awesome, the outside is a little bit poor in details, a lot more could be done.

I found the grenade to be useless or maybe I don't play well enough!

Level 14
Very nice, I've been following this project for a long time but I forgot about it since I started mine. Just noticed it's downloadable now. Great work, the models and textures are very nice and gameplay is ok but the level design and lighting could use more work. If I was part of the project I would pimp that lighting for you so the textures and model would get a better defined contrast but it's way to perfect the way it is. The inside is awesome, the outside is a little bit poor in details, a lot more could be done.

I found the grenade to be useless or maybe I don't play well enough!

Wow, its more than a honor for me to see you posting here... thank you very much for your feedback. :) I agree with you the lightning could need some work. :( But the outdoor thingy has something to do with the multiplayer file size limit of warcraft 3 a while back I had a way more details in the outdoor area than now. Anyways I can tell you we've learned from our mistakes and you can expect something new from our side very soon. :)