• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren Villager

The brave and skilled civizens of Pandaren villages and towns gather resources, maintain the infrastructure and do all other things that is key to maintain a good living. The villagers are much stronger and durable then any other worker of any race due to its nutrition and activities.

The model is based the male villager version 1 model and has been heavily modified to serve as a worker unit. Stand ready and Walk animations are custom mashed from other animation of the human villager. The sources are stored in a back pack to make it look different from other race's workers, especially the human peasant. The backpack, the feet, hat and ears and some minor parts has been made from scratch with MS3D by me.

Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit without my permission.
Have fun with the model.

P.S.: Sorry for the bad quality of the main skin, but the original texture is very compressed.

Here's the awesome icon for it:

Keywords:
Bob Marley, worker, Panda, Pandaren, Sake, gold, lumber, leather, wood, gatherer, paw
Contents

Pandaren Villager (Model)

Pandaren Villager (Model)

Reviews
11:30, 7th Jul 2009 Cavman: Such a lovely model. Tested in magos and ingame, works great in both. I especialy like the idea of how he holds the gold and wood, very cool. Only thing that I caught that doesn't look right is during his stand and walk...
Level 2
I solute... salute... ahhh.... I don't know how to spell saloote, but i selute to you general once again. This is great! I always wanted a pandaren race, and finally it seems like it is coming to fruitition.... or something... ripening? Whatever, in any case this is another one of your perfect models.

Level 1
To everyone I guess:
I'm new here so I won't try to stand "on top" of anyone, but here goes:
To those saying the model isn't "beefy" or "thick" enough to be a pandaren, you're obviously thinking about the Chen (Brewmaster), Storm, Earth and Fire models from WC3, and not the actual artwork and concept art made for the Pandaren race. I'm a bit of an Pandaren-nerd so to be honest, this thread / model was the reason for me to register here on the hive.
The original Pandaren Brewmasters are fairly fit and very agile, and their bodymass is very much like this model.

to General Frank:
I have a minor complaint of my own, the hat is a bit too small, it should be a bit wider I believe.
And I also have a suggestion!
The ones who's a bit into pandarens and read up a little on pandarens know that they are beer-drinkers, or ale, to be precise, and what wouldn't be more fitting for the "basket" than an empty keg? that would just be the perfect touch, imo!

However, Thanks for this awesome model and I hope you follow my suggestions! :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Another great model from General Frank. This one is great, and has an epic icon from Mr. Goblin. Any sensible Pandaren map needs this unit!
5/5 Good Work! Although, I found that the arms looked a bit strange in the preview picture (Just the one on the left, actually :D) , in-game, they look a lot better.

Level 2
It doesn't work. It just comes up with a green box and the format automatically changes to .mdl. Please, someone help me, I am sorta newb to this stuff