• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #4 POLL

Who made the best submission?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The votes were really shit, okay? There's obviously a large amount of people who voted but did not actually test the map. Hell, the voting got cut before everyone got to vote.

But hey, I don't really care anyway, and grats to everyone for making such awesome maps. I wouldn't really say one was better than the other.

Yes, they were shit, and there'd probably be a lot more shit if it stayed open. But oh well, nothing we can do about that, and I'm not swiping all the votes.

Level 14
I still can't believe the boss battles in Lucifer's Keep got a 10/10 by the judge. The first boss was so bad that I didn't even want to suffer the map any longer when I beat him.

Level 14
I don't think taste has anything to do with not liking a boss arena a quarter the size of the screen and a million war stomp spell effects being spammed every second it walks. :p

Level 14
ragingspeedhorn said:
Apparently it does. A lot of other people did like it.
I'm curious as to how you define "a lot."
ragingspeedhorn said:
I don't agree with it being a bad boss fight.
But you already admitted that it could be much better. My point has been successfully made.

Level 13
I'm curious as to how you define "a lot."

But you already admitted that it could be much better. My point has been successfully made.

Ye. Its pointless to join in these big contest as the judging goes as it goes. I cannot whine since I didnt really test other contestants maps, but I still seem this didnt end to right winner.

Dont expect to see me in large contest anymore. Ill stick to zephyr challenge from now on.

*sry for another whining post*

How do I define a lot? Well I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the map from other places than Hive, so I'm happy with the results.

And you are twisting my words Dusk, I never said the boss fight could be much better, it just needs a few minor tweaks is what I said.

And you, kewlthis. You are starting to become even more pathetic with this than redscores with his constant whining. You are actually whining about who won on a basis that you have no idea about what the other maps are like, then how can you know the winning entry is bad? Because of redscores' obvious jeallousy? If you base your oppinions on such vague oppinions I can't say I have much respect left for you, not that there was much to begin with.

And now to you redscores. You are now saying that a lot of effects = bad? But earlier you were complaining on and on about how there weren't enough effects in the map? Could you make up your mind?

But do keep on with your constant, sad, little jealousy trip people, whine about how all these contests are so unfair, so rigged, blablabla. If you can't handle losing, then you shouldn't enter in the first place. This has really been the worst of all the contests I've entered, filled with extremely childish behavior from the other contestants, have a little respect you scumbags.

That's it for me, looking at this thread gets my blood preasure through the roof, feel free to continue whining, I won't be paying anymore attention to this because there is no point in doing so, I won, you lost, deal with it.

Level 24
I didnt really test other contestants maps

And yet you know who should have won?

I'm overall upset that this contest has had such stupidity in it. First of all: It's a online contest, for *rep*. Who really cares? If you are in the contest for the rewards, leave.

redscores - ragingpoot's map was better. It was. Really. Stop complaining about it and move on. Still you're map did have some potential, but it needs to be worked on more.

kewlthis - I auctually enjoyed your map, it was rather fun to play. I don't enjoy your posts. If you are going to apolagize for posting in a 'whine-y' way, THEN DON'T POST THAT WAY. Simple isn't it?

I somehow doubt that Hawkwing, decided on his points based on the reputation of the submitting users.

Level 18
Yes, the judging can be concluded as fair, although the actual votes cannot be. Either way, who cares. Basically, I know that redscores has no right to complain. We lost points on things I brought up to him personally, but couldn't just swallow his pride or whatever was stopping him and just change the boss fights and creeps. We lost because our map wasn't as good. Plain and simple. Oh well. Everyone get's rep. Who cares.

Level 14
ragingspeedhorn said:
And you are twisting my words Dusk, I never said the boss fight could be much better, it just needs a few minor tweaks is what I said.
I know we talked about this on MSN, but I have to at least dignify that I read your post here. By the way, I didn't twist anything, I merely recognized that you acknowledged it could be improved. You even said it again in your last post. That's all I wanted to hear; you and I both agreed on what we were discussing about the judging. Glad we're clear on that. :)

Level 17
Yes, the judging can be concluded as fair, although the actual votes cannot be. Either way, who cares. Basically, I know that redscores has no right to complain. We lost points on things I brought up to him personally, but couldn't just swallow his pride or whatever was stopping him and just change the boss fights and creeps. We lost because our map wasn't as good. Plain and simple. Oh well. Everyone get's rep. Who cares.

Pride is such a funny thing when people can't handle it.. ^^

Anyhowz, gratz on winning, ragingspeedhorn's team! =:D
You have both pwnd the whoa out of me. ^^ But I still got second, (out of 3 but idc ^^).

I was wondering if there were any funny prizes that have no real point at all except giving some people a lol feeling. ^^

(Oh, I think I'm the only one who isn't nagging about who won. xD)

Level 21
Raging? you cannot read right? I said that alot of effects without tactical game play is nothing...

In my post I wrote that good special effects + game play = good is, you should seriously get back to school and learn english again.

And to tell you something:

This was a popularity contest, all which voted for you were your friends.

And by the way, your boss fights are not really worth mentioning, if you look at the strategy, not the effects, and my map, I think, had both things, strategy, and good spell effects.

But bad rating because of hard difficult is even MORE stupid as this shit, rating for something which is a thing of the guy whos playing, and if people are too dumb to think of easy things like for example a logical set up...

The Hive gets pathetic like wc3sear.ch, same lame contests with popularity wins.

LOOK WHO WON ALL THE CONTEST! POPULAR PEOPLE!

And just a tip, I dont make maps for casual idiots, I make maps for people which actually like to try things... strategys... its like a RPG, you learn by trying.

Level 24
You got a lot of opinion and shit you're throwing at raging's face, but no facts to back them up. Raging did not win because of popularity, but because face the truth, his submission was the best of the three. Sure, you think that you deserved the gold in the contest, but the judges thought different, and it ends there. This contest is over, so what are you still doing here whining like never before?

Level 21
You should learn to read and to understand what I wrote, I did not whine about my lose, I am whining about the way of judging, because that poll was clearly popularity oriented....

And I am a fair guy, always, and If I see unfair things I complain, so gtfo ass crawler...

I dont want any rep, I dont care anymore about this whole site.

I put so much work in this map, and I lost because my map is too hard.... funny...

Level 14
Alright. That is enough. I will personally see that anyone else to flame or persist in this line of discussion will regret it. This is over. Now.

I have moved this to the depository.

Status
Not open for further replies.