• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pack - Men of Rhûn

"These people are soft and weak, take their lands in the name of Lord Sauron!"
-Ulfang the Pretender

This pack includes:
Easterling Bannercarrier
Easterling Warrior
Easterling Archer

Changes
-Updated Shield
-Fixed shield flickering
-Turned cloth permanently red
-Made armour TC
-Added Icon
-Raised neck so now his head isn't sunken into his chest :|
-Fixed floating sword on decay animation (Bannercarrier)

wHIpgVG246PTtIjcegiR4ewEHYFdCBkUuMJZjxPh1aI.jpg
Previews
Contents

Archer of Rhun (Model)

Bannercarrier of Rhun (Model)

BTNManOfRhun (Icon)

Soldier of Rhun (Model)

Reviews
Fingolfin
This is a model which the community has been waiting for a long time... Well done!! Wonderfully executed with ingame textures. I am sure LOTR mapmakers will rejoice.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This model, I feel, is an ideal example of how well you have meshed the Warcraft style with the aesthetics of the LotR. Just solid, man. Love this guy; not enough halberd-pike dudes around, and his full-plate armor & helmet is sick.

Level 65
Bonecleaver is still coming, I'm just having trouble deciding what to do around the leg region.

In the actual War of the Ring game, they were disconnected stumps that came out of the bottom of the torso and were partially obscured by his belt/cloth, but I can't use that method for quality-reasons.

If I use the methods of old, the model won't be accepted.

Level 16
That hallaberd attack looks atleast weird. I would strongly recommend to change the weapon or the animations as they seem not to match. Beside that little flaw its quite good.

Level 11
I would have liked to have this one back when I did LOTR maps ! But shouldn't the handle of the halberd be extended below the hand ? It seems no one could handle this by holding it at its tip.

Yes, the only thing which I dislike is how he holds the Halberd. He should be holding by the "grip" and not the "end".
Either way it is easily fixable if it is to bug someone that much.

Level 11
In my defense, it's not exactly a halberd he's wielding - it's a 1h bill-hook unique to the men of Rhun and it was used in an admittedly similar fashion to pull horsemen from their mounts and to hook enemy weapons in combat.

Do they have different physics in that realm of yours? As really now those soldiers are really handicaped holding those weapons right near the end, the reason why you hold a sword by the grip is because that's where most of the mass is, not really the same with a shaft.
Oh and you say one handed? Those "bill hooks" are almost as tall as them, as you sure they aren't just compensating for something?

Level 65
You've begun to provoke me now.

This model was specifically designed to be the warcraft 3 equivalent of the soldier of Rhun from Battle for Middle Earth, in which their weapon is held 1-handed.

Because it was brought into Warcraft 3 - aspects of the model were exaggerated, like the weapon, gauntlets, boots, and shield.

I will not change the way he uses his weapon for /this/ model.

If you'd like a model for your map in which a unit wields a halberd or bill-hook historically accurately, you'll have to submit a request and give me a bit of time because 2h weapons are considerably harder to animate than 1h, and that doesn't even include getting it bio-mechanically correct.

You've touched a nerve with that comment about "My world"s physics.

Level 11
You've touched a nerve with that comment about "My world"s physics.

My intention was not to provoke or outset an argument nor was I wishing for you to change anything on this model, I simply found it comical how he wields it.
Much like always I tried to make a comical reply while pointing something out, I seem to have failed miserably.

My sincere apologies, for I did not wish to offend you in any way.

Level 65
My intention was not to provoke or outset an argument nor was I wishing for you to change anything on this model, I simply found it comical how he wields it.
Much like always I tried to make a comical reply while pointing something out, I seem to have failed miserably.

My sincere apologies, for I did not wish to offend you in any way.

Ah, my apologies about the outburst.

Sorry about that, it must be the language barrier. :\

All is well

Level 2
wheres the bottom of the polearm shaft lmfao. or is it suppose to be like that if so it doesnt really sit in the hand right how he's holding it. im all for half-length spears/pikes/polearms fr

Level 9
If I do, it won't be nearly as fancy as that ^

The main problem I've had with making chariots is i have no base model to work from, i can animate a single horse and rider, but multiple horses?

Ech--
Can you please make it spear thrower with one horse ? I want use your pack in my map for Rhun, but I need Wain Rider to complete the faction ... It would be so nice !