• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orcish Warfiend/Demon Bloodfiend

Just a random project of mine.

Feel free to use and/or edit these models as much as you like; so long as you credit me.

Keywords:
Orc, Demon, Horde, Hero, Felguard, Legion, Grunt, Warrior, Chieftain, Witty Keyword
Contents

Orcish Warfiend/Demon Bloodfiend (Model)

Orcish Warfiend/Demon Bloodfiend (Model)

Reviews
15:12, 20th May 2014 MiniMage: It's an interesting orc. The filesize looked a little large, but it's two models in there, so It's okay. Approved.

M

15:12, 20th May 2014
MiniMage: It's an interesting orc. The filesize looked a little large, but it's two models in there, so It's okay. Approved.

Level 4
Decent model. I don't like his weapon though, doesn't fit too much, and skin is a bit blurry. You could work on it some more, but very useful thing overall. 3/5

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Y'know, not being a huge fan of Orcs or Fel Orcs, I'm initially nonplussed... But this is just a nice, solid little model. Mayhaps a bit better as a Unit than a Hero... Except for all those AWEXOME-nimations. What is that, a mix of Felguard and your own work? I always fall for your Spell anims; they're the kind of Spell-casting I wish would happen more.

Once again, I think your model suffers from a grossly disproportionate weapon; just one big nearly-flat super-blade.

I'm a big fan of the alternate uploaded model; Fel Orc versions really do a lot to maximize the utility of regular-Orc models.

Nice TC, nice SFX, nice anims, nice Alternate, nice new face... Nice.

I really didn't see much of a choice on the weapon at the time; I'd thought to myself "Why isn't there a Green Felguard model?", decided I'd make my own, turned him into a hero, rather than just a Grunt alternate, and thought to myself that just using the Felguard weapon would be too cheap; the large Leaf-blade was the first thing to come to mind.

Everything but the texture was done from scratch.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I really didn't see much of a choice on the weapon at the time; I'd thought to myself "Why isn't there a Green Felguard model?", decided I'd make my own, turned him into a hero, rather than just a Grunt alternate, and thought to myself that just using the Felguard weapon would be too cheap; the large Leaf-blade was the first thing to come to mind.
Hm. Well if you're ever at a lack for ideas, feel free to ask around; there's tons of good ideas for weapons that can fit Felguard-type animations. Halberd, Guisarme, Waraxe, Pike, Horsehook... the list goes on. :p

VermillionEdict said:
Everything but the texture was done from scratch.
I stand corrected. :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I don't understand, I don't speak English and the literal translation is confusing, so what do you think of closing the conversation here?
He was saying that the weapon choice was intentional. If he had not swapped the weapons, it would've looked too homogenous with the existing (Fel) Orc Raider model.