• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opening two maps at once, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
There are alternatives...

1) In the object editor go to file > Export all object data or Export all Ability data. Then, import all data in the new map. One note though: all data is overwritten if you use this method
2) Open the campaign editor (ability data). First copy all 10 abilities to the campaign editor, then open your second map, and copy/paste all abilities from campaign editor to map 2. You still need to copy/paste all abilities individually, but it goes way faster.
3) World Editor Newgen has an object data merger.

Level 19
how does this world editor new gen works if i just wanna copy 10 abilitys on same time only that i dont wan to make any jass or shit :S

cant even juse newgen WE crash :S

so how i do this second way :S tell me more exactually... where is campaign editor ?

i found it but the thing is how ui mean i copy from there and paste there O:

Level 21
2) Open map 1.
Open object editor (in map 1) and open Campaign editor.
Copy every ability in the object editor to the campaign editor abilities
Open map 2.
Copy every ability from the campaign editor to the object editor (in map 2)
Close campaign editor, don't save as a new campaign.
Save map 2.

3) That's a known problem wit newgen after patch 1.22. Check the official thread at wc3campaigns.net for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.