1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Online WC3/map data viewer

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by d07.RiV, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @3d12 There have been many times and places where a .w3u parser was written and open sourced if you need it. I was given a copy of PitzerMike's Widgetizer code and ported the relevant portion to Java for my projects:
    Retera/JWC3

There is another written by eejin in his "load modification table" function although this is a different C++ implementation from the PitzerMike code I was looking at when I wrote mine:
    stijnherfst/HiveWE

I'm traveling and haven't tested this map data viewer yet, but is it possible that you should be working together with eejin on HiveWE when you have this much code?

2. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Retera Thanks for the links! I will check it out, I think someone else actually linked me to JWC3 prior to your post, but not quite sure.

The reason I wanted to extract this data, is because I'm writing a simple website that's a wiki-like interface for browsing hero/creep stats for the map I'm working on, and it loads data from a database. So I wanted a way to dump this data to a database with the version # of the build so I can compare them side-by-side, that's all.

I'm blown away at how much help I've gotten from the community since reaching out. While I was waiting for this post to get mod approval I also asked in the hive discord and got some great links there to java and python libraries, and when RiV added the JSON export feature to his project I was pretty stunned. :)

I don't want to take this thread too far off-topic, but I haven't used HiveWE and wouldn't know the benefits -- although since I'm updating a map from TFT (bugfixes, etc) I had planned to maybe use a better language at some point to rewrite the whole thing. Do you think HiveWE is the way to go? I'd also considered Wurst, or holding off until Reforged and using Lua. Which do you think would be the most reliable and/or robust?

Actually that last paragraph could probably even be a separate thread...

e: Yes, here it is! Someone in hive discord linked me this previously: Retera/JWC3 :D

3. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Been using this for 2 month nearly every day, very convenient tool.

4. ololo_ololo

ololo_ololo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does it work at all?

5. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yes it does, have you tried it?

6. ololo_ololo

ololo_ololo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure i did, it doesn't work in firefox.

7. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    It works fine on my Firefox, on Windows 7.

Awesome viewer btw :)

8. ololo_ololo

ololo_ololo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, and why doesn't it work for me? No error message or something.

9. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    So f**cking good
    Exellent work

10. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you open console (F12 or Ctrl+J) and see if you get any error messages there?

11. ololo_ololo

ololo_ololo

Resources:
    Resources:
    This page doesn't even open in chrome 49.

12. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Chaos ensues

Attached Files: