1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Online WC3/map data viewer

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by d07.RiV, Dec 7, 2018.

1. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there.

I finally finished a web app that can parse WC3 maps and show contained files, object data and map script right in your browser.

This is basically a renewed version of RMPQEx (if anyone remembers that), ported fully to web.

All processing is done right inside the browser, the map file is never sent to the server. The map data is stored in browser cache.

The website includes base WC3 object data from the last few patches, and latest Dota map (6.83c) as an example.

Link: WC3 Data

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is pretty damn cool.

3. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Nice :thumbs_up:

4. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Pretty useful especially if you can keep it updated with each patch.

It did have trouble parsing one map though.

Attached Files:

• err.png
      err.png
      File size:
      151.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice, tool.

Custom objects of Maps done with "world editor only" show/use/point to wrong data (i think default data). (means openable with editor)
    While optimized/protected show everything correct. (not openable with editor)

Dat is kinda trollic:
    • optimized/protected stuff is shown
    • while stuff you can normaly open is confused.
    I transformed a editor openable map with w32lni to slk. In the editor version custom units are using default abilities.
    While in the slk version the custom units are pulled into the normal units and refere to correct abilities.

Regardless the tool is great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  6. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    @TriggerHappy seems the map is too large for the memory limit I set (256MB). It worked fine on Dota, but I suppose there are larger maps out there. Though it's strange that it's getting to the end before failing, because the object parsing should be the most memory hungry part. I could enable dynamic memory growth as it suggests. Is that a map I could download somewhere, so I can check where it fails?

@Tasyen thanks I'll look into it - I saw that it shows the custom units so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I checked the old RMPQEx code again and it's handing these maps fine, so it should be easy to find the error.

Edit: fixed object parsing; allowed memory growth; fixed a few more parser crashes on various maps.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So awesome!

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I doubt I will find use for this personally, but it seems like a solid addition for sure.

9. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be fair I think the best use is to look up some unit data for melee mode (since classic battle.net site isn't updated for 1.30). That's basically why I revived the project in the first place.

It's pretty easy to update it for new patches - I could even set up the site to do so automatically, using their CDN to grab individual files without having to download the whole game, similar to D3Planner Data

10. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Riv: This is an amazing tool! Thank you so much for putting in this effort!

I looked around on the page, but I didn't see a link to the source. Do you have any plans to open-source this project? I'm working on a custom map at the moment and I'm trying to find a way to extract my unit data for iterative comparison, but so far I've been unable to make sense of the .w3u file. Your app can read the unit stats from my map file though, so I would like to see how if possible.

11. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure, I just uploaded it: d07RiV/wc3data (along with other files in that directory).

This is a quick port of my very old code used in RMPQEx (which can be used for your purposes as well btw since it generates a text file with object data).

12. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I actually tried RMPQEx while I was waiting for my post to be mod-approved but I think there might be a bug... It creates the object.txt file, but it is empty and 0kb. I'm on Win10, idk if that matters. I can send you the map file if you want to test it? Or you can download it from hive. This result is the same with "all unit data" and "all data" checkboxes, I tried both. "All data to one file" checkbox actually crashes the program.

Is there any logging I can enable that would help you find this issue? Or is the version of RMPQEx on your website just an old version? Either way, I will look at this code you have posted. Thank you so much, from student to master! :D

[​IMG]

e: I don't see the source for RMPQEx on your github... If the code is a port, it looks like the app in wc3data is cpp, so if you would rather, I would actually prefer to compile the RMPQEx source on my linux box and try to replicate, since that's where my deployment pipeline currently exists. The only download I found for RMPQEx is a precompiled .exe on your website; that's the one I believe is bugged.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  13. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    RMPQEx sources are uh.. a little ugly. And they're in cpp as well - don't think that would help you. Oh and it expects your game installation to use the old MPQ archives, so it won't work with the new CASC versions (probably why you're getting empty files and crashes).

It would be much easier to add an option to download data as a text file on the website, I'll do that once I finish some of the changes I'm working on.

14. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh I see, yeah if it relies on the game installation that might explain it, my install is patched to 1.30.2 right now anyway. :)

If you would be so kind, that would be amazing. Could I request a JSON-like format, so I can load it easily to a db?

15. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok added import button. Also changed storage format for some possible future stuff.

16. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Doesn't seem to be working now. I had to refresh without cache to get the new version, and now after processing the map it doesn't load the /map1 /map2 etc pages -- /dota loads fine, as well as the melee patch notes, but custom imported maps aren't opening for me.

17. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oops, fixed.

18. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The custom ability references work now. Yeah.

19. 3d12

3d12

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, this is superb! Thanks again RiV for putting this together and getting it updated! :D

One minor bug still remains, it seems -- when exporting objects to file, the "All (Combined)" option produces a text file with "{}" no matter which option is selected.

Regardless, this is still a wonderful tool and it is already making its way quickly into my map development pipeline!

20. d07.RiV

d07.RiV

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018