• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Immortal - Thomas Bergersen (2011)

Poem by Thomas Bergersen, vocals by Merethe Soltvedt:
"Hey, Immortal Soul
Thou who walk the darkened nights
alone
Selflessly to protect your kind
Do you feel lonely
Knowing you're the only mind
Who will outlive every one you know
Does it bring you sorrow?
Oh, Immortal Soul
Tell me how it feels
To be a spirit walking
The plains of earth you own
Alone"

About the album Illusions :
http://www.thomasbergersen.com/?page_id=164

**edit**
About creation :
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1159180520792423&id=147900228587129

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
40 years of Gaming - Dan Bull (2014)

Dan Bull has released songs on digital rights, the music industry, and gaming.

In 2015, he contributed a rap song as an advertisement for the release of Heroes of the Storm, on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment.

His Overwatch song should be watchable from within the Battle.net launcher.

Level 28
@fladdermasken n I was unaware of trip hop all this time. DJ Shadow's album specifically sounded so different I still haven't digested it, it is like the ambient (and kinda hipster) cousin of regular rap, but also kinda melancholic. What a thing.

@pyf oh it's been a long time since I last checked Dan Bull, I didn't know about that Overwatch Rap and all the Blizzard support he's been recieving. Nice to hear that.

@Heinvers yarr (who needs twerking when you get 60's twist)

I'll just leave a live performance of the coolest hipstery ambient music guy, Tycho:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Love is all - Ronnie James Dio (1974)
(excerpt from The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast)

(with sound effects, VHS quality, original airing)

(without sound effects, better image quality, logo'd)

The song and its accompanying animated music video were very popular in France during the 70s, despite random airings.

It was sometimes used as an interstitial program on the second French TV channel. It could also be used when the TV channel was experiencing "technical difficulties". And it experienced quite a few back then, much to my delight.

Level 28
Ronnie James Dio, performing songs for tv cartoons? Wow that's unexpected! But he indeed had an interesting carreer before going into metal. Here's a cool happy classic rock song from when his band was still called The Electric Elves (before Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, etc...).

Level 32
*In comes the mainstream train*
Borderline mainstream, to be specific.

Post-hardcore metal/punk + rap (<- The hipster kids like to categorize music genres in that fashion, I think)

Non radio hip-hop. Suicide Squad advertisement basically.
2 bands and 4 rappers each get their tiny little spotlight.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Rockit - Herbie Hancock (1983)

(from Wikipedia)
A worldwide anthem for the breakdancers and for the hip-hop culture of the 1980s.
Also, the first recognized popular single to feature scratching and other turntablist techniques.

The movable robot-like artworks were created by British artist and inventor Jim Whiting.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Latitudes - Ollano (1996)

French version

English version

Ollano was not a band, but kind of a musical project.
The singer, Helena Noguerra, is Lio's sister. She was formerly known as LNA.

A game: the opening theme is a tribute to a 1963 reprise of a famous song. Can you name it?

A few official remixes:

Official music video

(remix by Air)

(remix by Extralucid)

Status
Not open for further replies.