• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old model not working with new patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello, so i have this model that i extracted from a map long ago, when i try to import it it doesn't work. It seems that the textures are not loaded. How do i change the texture path to make the files fit the new archive system?
You can use Mdx Pather or War3 Model Editor to change texture paths in models, but you're more likely to get help with this if you post the model.

Level 9
Level 9
Okay, so it seems that the textures are all the same (exept for the case letters) but this one that has changed path Abilities\Spells\Other\FrostBolt\E_Smoke_Anim256.blp
I tired to change it but it doesnt worked, still not showing in WE

Attachments

• Lightning Missile.mdx
    7.2 KB · Views: 23
Level 14
Okay, so it seems that the textures are all the same (exept for the case letters) but this one that has changed path Abilities\Spells\Other\FrostBolt\E_Smoke_Anim256.blp
I tired to change it but it doesnt worked, still not showing in WE
Strange, It works on my side o-O
I don't think there is a problem with texture paths, given that it uses only ingame textures
I probably have no idea why it doesn't work with you :/
Edit: Also the E_Smoke_Anim256.blp texture's path is correct
Edit 2: It doesn't show up in the WE? If so, have you made sure that you restarted it? or it just won't show up in game?

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, I have patch 1.29

I imported it with the default war3mapimported\ path, there is no need to change paths in case of imported models

Well in 1.30.1 the textures changed, i extracted the casc archives and E_smoke_anim256.blp it's not in that path.

How can i fix this? Can i import all the textures in the model with a different path and then import them in the WE?

Level 14
How can i fix this? Can i import all the textures in the model with a different path and then import them in the WE?
You can, but that would just waste filesize, given that the texture is already ingame
Well in 1.30.1 the textures changed, i extracted the casc archives and E_smoke_anim256.blp it's not in that path.
What is its path in CASC?

Status
Not open for further replies.