• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snake model not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I can not get a snake model to work. Here is what you request:

* Link to the model and the tutorial
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47444&prev=status%3Dg%26s%3Dsnake%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=xnlkfz&p=tutorial_import

* Precise description of what does not work
I downloaded the model and put it in a new folder called Custom Content. I unzipped the model in that folder. Does it need to be put somewhere specific? I imported the model into the editor as per the tutorial. I made a new custom unit called Snake of Oily Green Pool (using the Hero Maiev) and replaced the model for it with the imported snake model. I fiddled with a couple other things on that hero as well...

I then proceeded to place the Hero on the map, but he is showing up as a green cube. The tutorial said it would be a purple cube... The tutorial said to close and open the map, so I did and the cube did not change. And it said "Could not load the mdl snake file." I don't even see an mdl snake file. I see an mdx and a blp file... am I missing something here?

Removed that unit. Thought maybe it was because I put it on a hero unit. So I made some simple Snake Worker units instead, using Human Peasants. That didn't work either. I didn't mess with their stats this time. But they showed up as green cubes too and closing and opening the map still didn't do anything.

* The map you tried to import it to (with the model imported)
EDIT: Removed my map file.

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out myself. I didn't realize the tutorial was telling me to rewrite the pathing for *every* file and not just the texture file, which is what it says and shows in the tutorial and on the model's page! And from what I can see from other people's posts, that seems to be the problem that a lot of people are having. I suggest a clarification!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.