• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WE could not load models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I downloaded the model file, extracted them and imported it into world editor but when I saved and restarted WE, it says "could not load file: war3mapimproted/XXX.mdl". The icon is working but not the model. I redownload the file but the same error occurrs. The model in WE shows a cube with black and green box. There is no pathway for the model in the webpage where I downloaded the model file. What could be the problem?

Level 3
Maybe convert this model (mdx file) to MDL using this program:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=3&sid=85ad478c63d7269ff90769323760f982
Then open the MDL with notepad and find textures used in this model it should looks like this:

}
Textures 2 {
Bitmap {
Image "textures\footman.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "textures\dust.blp",
}
}
check if all texturs egsist.

If one (ore more)textures is mising try too replace it by another texture (give it path of mising textures)

Maybe it will works.

Status
Not open for further replies.