• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bunch of models not loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well I recently downloaded a couple models from this site and they are not loading. For example, I'm going to use the wood box model.

Okay, so after I extract it to a folder I made called WC3_customfiles, I import wood box 1.mdx and give it a custom path of "Wood Box 1.mdx" (no quotes) Next, I save my map. Then, I made a custom destructible and used that model and placed it into my map with a model path of "Wood Box 1.mdx" (again, no quotes). I then exit world editor load up my map and it says in yellow writing "Could not load file: Wood Box 1.mdl" and the destructible appears in a green checkerboard box.

I noticed that the model path name was changed to Wood Box 1.mdl. I don't know if that is an issue, being as I have gotten models to work with that before.

Am I doing anything wrong that I'm not noticing?

Well, the model works fine for me. In both editor and ingame.

you might have just forgot to save the map and relaunch WE.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 3
Yeah.... but what did I do wrong? I thought I did everything needed to use a model

which even sucks more being that I got models to work previously, but not now?

Status
Not open for further replies.