• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with Portrait Models!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have two blood mage models and an Illidan model on a map that I'm making, all three reskinned. However, none of them have a working portrait, so I got about making ones.
I began by extracting a BM and Illidan portrait model from my MPQ. Then I convert both to .mdl files via Yobgul's File Converter. Then I open the Illidan file in Notepad and change the text:

Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Illidan.blp",
}

To:

Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Illidan2.blp",
}

Which is the correct path and name of the new skin that I'm using. Then I converted the file back to a .mdx and imported it into my map after renaming it as "Illidan2_Portrait.mdx". But the portrait doesn't show for my Illidan model. How do you cause a portrait to display for a particular unit?

Level 3
Ack confusing... ok so what changes should I make to the original Illidan portrait model? Is there a way to make a unit use a particular portrait in the WE?

Level 5
Try this:

1. Open the import manager.
2. Find the portait that you want to put on a unit.
3. Rename that portait so that it has the same model path as the one you are trying to change plus "_portrait".
If you wanted to change the footman's portrait to that of the imported file, you would change the imported portrait's path so it would look like this:
Units\Human\Footman\Footman_portait.mdx.

Level 21
JPedid said:
Try this:

1. Open the import manager.
2. Find the portait that you want to put on a unit.
3. Rename that portait so that it has the same model path as the one you are trying to change plus "_portrait".
If you wanted to change the footman's portrait to that of the imported file, you would change the imported portrait's path so it would look like this:
Units\Human\Footman\Footman_portait.mdx.

Hmmm I think I was trying to say something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.