• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Oktoberfest] Roleplaying Thread, October 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here's a random quick post, to start the event. It's still not the launch of the actual event, but I figured it'd be stupid not to make a roleplaying thread simply because I had not made that post yet. Besides, why not have some random roleplaying going on until it's ready. Enjoy!

Clurey McPatrickus ~ The End of a Cartographer's Last Journey

Clurey McPatrickus had worked tirelessly for a month on his airborne cartographic journey around the unique terrain of the beautiful Valentine Forest. It had changed a lot ever since he had left this place, to enter the Easter Games months ago, and he didn't like the changes.

A strange wall made of dark blue crystal pikes had risen from the very landscape, surrounding the north end of the Love God's harmonic city, in a straight line south through the mountain chain next to the Lake of Broken Hearts, seemingly continuing straight into the barbaric desert lands of the Southern Continent. The trees of the land were still blooming, but with a more mysterious and sinister presence than they used to have, and so was the city. The change of leadership obviously have had a great impact on the architecture of the capital. Although all the old buildings remained, they were clearly still scarred from the Valentine War back in February. Not to mention the many new spiky features and snake-like monuments which had been built to honor the new Idol of Valentine's favorite animal.

Not only the capital city had been marked by her leadership – the infamous town of human outcasts on the border to the southern continent, normally known as Thievenheim, had been turned into a lively base to train soldiers and warlocks for the Goddess' wars in the south.

The area north from Mania's wall had suffered little from her rule. The land was as peaceful and quiet as it used to be. The house that Am'ar Kardos had built for his family long ago looked the same, and so did Kari's laboratory – which was also the place where Clurey had received the “Fan Hat” in the first place.

Finally, he reached the last town before Christmas Valley, Cartellaña. His home. How had his father been doing for all this time? It was the time of the long-waited Oktoberfest, so he was probably joyfully taking care of the tourist business and its popular alcohol market. How would he react to the news of Leprey's death? He would probably arrange a proper funeral party for his deceased son – hopefully Vengeancekael would keep his word and hand over Leprey's corpse now that Clurey had finished the map of Valentine Forest. Only time could tell...

Clurey McPatrickus' map of Valentine Forest

174866-albums3368-picture90244.jpg

Level 19
((Nope bitch, revival time!!))

The ship finally arrived to the ice sphire, after an other day of travel, and it landed softly on the ground. Dante went down first, took out his two blades and walked slowly towards the enourmous massive ice tower. Leprey looked worried specially after seeing that dante had took out his blades.
"Umm... isn't lujon our ally?" He asked
"No, he actually hates mortals, specially me. But we have our item" Dante said more to himself. He just walked towards the tower
When his feet touched the first ladder, lujon apearred
"I must admit I am impressed. I didn't thought you would made it this far, but..." And Lujon iradiated himself with ice magic and became brighter and looked sadistic
"YOU WHERE AN IDIOT TO COME!!" Lujon said with mad voice "DO YOU EVEN REALISE THAT THE STEP YOU JUST MADE WAS YOUR LAST?!!"
"FINE!" Dante said "BUT THEM YOU WILL NEVER GET WHAT I POSSES THAT YOU WANT!"
Lujon seemed surprised and looked his magic again
"So you hve something to trade, what the hell do you want, I can't give you power, and if I could, I wouldn't do it"
"Don't play stupid Lujon, you know what I want. You can see it" Dante said
"O yes... that thing... well it won't be cheap..." Lujon stopped when he saw Dante taking out the gear
"This will do, right?" Dante said victorious
"Yes... well, them. Come inside..." Lujon said disapearing
Dante went stairs up, still with his blades on hands, when he arrived at lujon's laboratory
"Well, I have the body you need. Know I will start the ritual, before that, leave the gear in the neutral zone" Lujon said
Dante did as said, and Lujon started
"I, THE BLUE MAGE, MASTER OVER ALL MORTALS..." Lujon started
"Such pride" Dante said very quiet
"WITH MY POWER, GRANTED BY THE GODS THEMSELVES, DO I CALL THIS SOUL HERE, TO RETURN TO HIS BODY, WHICH I, WILL KNOW REBUILD, BY THE POWER OF THE ANCIENT!" Lujon said ignoring Dante, and the magic started to work
From outside, a giant flash of light could be seen. And somebody, was looking at it
"Damn that lujon, know what do I do with Clurey's promise?" The strange figure saif before fading.
Some minutes later, Leprey, in his body and extremely happy, was walking outside followed by Dante. Inside, Lujon was already studying the gear.

((TAKE THAT, CLUREY! BURRIAL MY ASS!))

Level 25
I stopped the story thingy for now, but will resume after a few posts. I'm partially introducing it anyway. As the real point is the Oktober War something about cats and whatever, this is about some festival of beer related to the Oktoberfest. It's just a little memory anyway. So it won't affect the event in any way. Anyways the Grepett there is Gyro, but Chen don't know same to Gyro.

Chen ~ Childhood Memories

Chen is still walking, walking till the ends of his days. He saw something familiar in his later days. The Beer Fest or what they call Oktoberfest is starting, stands and booths are being ready. He thought of something from his childhood, when he was an innocent child away from insanity he's having these hard times.

I was with my father. He was about to bring me to his surprise when a messenger gave him a letter. He was asked to come to their meeting place. He apologized and left me behind. That day was the start of Oktoberfest, I always wanted going there, not for drinking beer but to play games and have fun with people I can encounter. The nearest Oktoberfest area in Theivenheim, the place where we live is in Loch Kael Harbor. Father wouldn't allow me to go alone since he knew that the Furrates may attack anytime.

After some minutes, a Mysterious man in a brown longcoat and a hat with wings got near me. I was afraid he may take me and kill me. But no. He showed his kind face to me. He looks like a sheep, he was a Grepett, he look good and I know Grepetts is a kind and trusted race. He offered me to come with him, to go to the fest. He saw how my father left me. When we were there, he brought me to a carousel, it needs you to drink 5 mugs of beer, get drunk so you could ride it. I can't drink because of my age. But the man let himself to do it for me. He was not allowed but because of him, they let us. We had fun, we played much, he let me drink at least a little, it doesn't have an effect for me so yeah. I know Grepetts are little immune to being drunk, but not the truce between our races.

I noticed that he has a big stomach bulging in his coat. He seems to be drinking a lot. I thought, he must be away from his home, so I asked him about that. He told me that he don't want to talk about it and he brought me back home. Neither Father or Mother was there, so I asked him to stay, but he can't.

I was still looking for him until these days, but I know everyone would hate me in the brewfest for being insane. The place I wanted to go and pass by now is my homeland, already claimed by my Godess, that could be more than a home for me. That memory is a thing I won't forget, and that Grepett, I know he's alive and I WILL find him.

Level 19
OOC: Alright, here goes. I'm sure that this post might be confusing to some, so go ask questions in the general thread if you have any.

Once again, sorry for the heavy delay! I'm starting to get back control of my life's many projects, this being one of them, so hopefully this marks the return of my ability to take responsibility of the group again :)

IC:

Clurey McPatrickus ~ The Oktoberfest Idol

Clurey gazed down upon the lively town below him. Its countless tall dark buildings with thatched roofs were lightened up by colored lights advertising the carousel rides and countless bars. The atmosphere of the crowded streets consisted of joyful laughter and happy people, contrasting Clurey's grim mood. He was tired from the hard work on the Valentine Forest map, and he didn't look forward to bring forth the sad message to the town's leader, his and Leprey's father. Clurey levitated down towards the busy streets, and once his feet touched the ground, he turned off the propels of the Fan Hat and took it off, finally getting some air to his forehead, which had been covered by the tight mechanical hat for way too long.

The small man walked down the street, ignoring the dancing, drunk people that he passed on the way. Many tourists had traveled far to be part of this festive holiday season in Cartellaña, but the native cat-people were also a large part of the crowd(Retcon: These are Juno's kind, but they do no longer look like ordinary cats. Instead, they look like shown in this old concept art of mine). These people were bound to the Oktoberfest Idol – the McPatrickus brothers' old happy and business-minded father.

Clurey decided to go for a drink in one of the many bars, before going to meet his father in the Town Hall. The short red-haired man hadn't drunk a single good mug of beer for weeks, while he worked on Vengeancekael's map. Once he had received the beer from the bar, he gently placed the Fan Hat and the map on a wooden table and looked at his work. The map clearly missed Leprey's artistic contribution, but nevertheless he was satisfied with the outcome. Vengeancekael would probably like it, which made him think of when the mysterious elf would show up? Vengeancekael usually just appeared out of nowhere when Clurey least expected it, like if the elf always knew where he was... Well, in the end there was nothing to do for Clurey, but trust that Vengeancekael would show up sometime soon.

Clurey knew that the news of Leprey's death could hurl their father into a depression, and that it would be extremely bad timing, considering that this month he was to take care of the holiday business. Their father had always cared much for their family's legacy, and wanted his sons to get children that could grow up with wealthy and happy families. That's why he had abandoned his servitude to Santa Claus when the power of the Christmas Gear started to weaken(In the period between the Easter Games of 2013 and the Red Christmas event - in which this RP was on standby - miss Bern slowly decreased the power of the Christmas Gear until she could finally kill Santa Claus in December 2013). Their father's wife had died to the Mad King's invading demon army back at the first Christmas war, and so it was up to their father to take care of the two brothers alone. Leprey and Clurey were obviously old enough to take care of themselves, but in old Christmas Elven traditions, the oldest living relative is also the one to take all the vital decisions. It was indeed a vital decision to betray Santa Claus when his powers were the lowest, and migrate south to the town of Cartellaña. Somehow, their father managed to claim the Oktoberfest Chalice and thus take over the title as Oktoberfest Idol, which he had kept ever since. The McPatrickus family of Christmas Elves were forever freed from their magical connection to the Christmas gear due to their father's accomplishments last year. And not only that – they also had all the cat-people of Cartellaña under their command because of it. Their father had used this power to increase the wealth of the town, and take proper care of his people. He was truly a great leader... Clurey was sure that his father was never meant to serve an Idol, but to be served as one himself.

Clurey took a last zip, emptying the mug, and left the bar, heading to the Town Hall to meet his father, after being away from the town for several months.

However, once he approached the cat-people guards guarding the Town Hall gate he was not permitted entrance. Clurey got angry and tried to reason with them, but realized that he couldn't do a thing about it.

Grumpily, he headed to a nearby alley with no people in it, and put on the Fan Hat. Turning on the propels, he soon flied off and upwards, to a misted window in the Town Hall's sloped roof. He could barely see through, but he could see enough to make his heart quickly skip a beat.

His father lied dead on the floor, with a horrifying skeletal beast eating the flesh from his body. Not far from the bloody scene, stood a coated figure with a fiery whip in one hand and the Oktoberfest Chalice in the other. Cat-people guards stood close by, not acting at all - to Clurey's irritation! But they were all under the chalice's spell. The coated figure took off his hood, revealing a burning skull. This scary creature was the new Idol of Oktoberfest!

This marks the beginning of the Oktoberfest event! Rules will soon be updated in the First Post!!

Level 19
((Fuckyoukenny))

While flying back, it was getting dark, so they decided to stay on the ice town they saw before. They landed near the entrance and went inside silently.

"This reminds me of the castle on top of the hill in the eastern arena... too much silence" Leprey said scaried

"Keep near. We don't have any coin change left for Lujon in case some one of us dies" Dante said serious

They walked the rest silently and entered the town hall

"Why are we here?" Leprey asked

"I need to study some books. Don't worry it won't take to much, in 24 hours we will go" Dante said

That said, he started searching the giant library, and leprey started to search for maps.

After 24 hours, Dante apears satiesfied with a pile of books under the arm. Leprey also has some maps.

"Well, I know know how to control this thing better, so we should be able to get pass the ice barrier. Also I got this" He says with a blue, cold even to eyes stone in his hand

"An ice stone" Dante says proud "Found one inside a book, must have been some kind of message. Anyway, not for us. Let's go"

Leprey nodded and they headed outside. They climbed to the ship, changed the stone and the ship changed, them they headed at the opposite direction from the north star, always with the night in front of them.

After a long Fly, they finally pass the ice barrier and arrive to the valley of Christmas. Dante asked Leprey

"Where should I leave you?"

"On Cartellaña if you don't..." Leprey stopped and realized something "You won't come along, won't you?"

"I am sorry my friend" Dante said smiling "It was fun but I have things to do. A lot actually. Well Cartellaña is still a few hours from here, so we can talk"

Dante and Leprey talked all night long, and when they arrived at Cartellaña it was dawning

"Well, here we departure" Dante said "Tell Clurey I said ´´Keep your promise´´ he will understand"

"Right" Leprey noded and streched his hand "Bye Dante. And thanks again!"

"Yeah" Dante said shaking Leprey´s hand "Bye, until next time. And please take care of yourself!"

Leprey nodded smiling and went down the ship. Dante flew off while he saw Leprey making shaking his hand in the air

"Good luck, my friend" Dante said for himself, and turned the ship towards the rising sun. Leprey looked into the other direction.

((yes the town is called Icelis and was the homeland for the humans that had the guts to follow the rissing sun. They are dead know.
Also, in Kaelicious universe, Sun rises from the north))

Level 14
((I hope i got the concept of Icelis rite, pls correct me if not))

Xenox and Yarrick ~ Icelis ahead.

It was few weeks after Yarrick left Loch Kael harbor, with the demon possessing him. Lord Xenox was eager to meet her mistress once again, and to serve her till the end of times. He didn't care about the young body he possessed, he just wanted to get north until Christmas. He didn't sleep, and let Yarrick's body starve just to get a few miles ahead. This caused that the child's body got weaker and weaker every day.

"Once i get to the mistress, she will make me a new body, a glorious body..." Xenox used to mutter, when Yarrick's body was about to collapse. With the weeks spent possessing the young scum, Xenox got better control over the body and got some demon juice to keep it going. It was enough to march trough the plains of snow of the North all day long.

As they were walking alone big snowstorm approached. It appeared from distant south, and reached them in minutes. The storm seem cold and unnatural. And something was in the middle. A ship. A giant ice ship with daring frozen sails. It caused the snowstorm, but in the eye of the storm, the bridge of the ship was unharmed.

It was going fast, and it was going north. Xenox immediately thought, that with this ship he could get to Santa's destroyed Workshop in a day. He started to run towards the ship, and used all his (and Yarrick's) power to reach it and climb on board. The side of the ship was cold and slippery, but somehow he managed to get a grab on it, and climb upwards until he reached the top.

"Finally. Much better." Lord Xenox said when he stepped on the frozen deck. "Now lets hijack this ship." he said with demon eyes, but then he fainted. In front of the steering captain of the ship.

Level 19

"What do we have here..." Was the next thing Xenox/Yarrick heard "David, well, isn't this a surprise"
Xenox tried angry to look towards who was talking to him, but he couldn't turn, he was chained to a chair

"YOU!" Xenox said harshing and spitting "SET ME FREE INMEDIATELY OR ELSE...!"

"or else your beautifull mistress will come kill me?" The voice said amused and ironic "I wouldn't expect that to happen, after all you where always just a problem for her"

"WHO ARE YOU?!" Xenox said mad "YOU DON'T KNOW ME! YOU KNOW NOTHING!"

"I know more than you think, David, son of the sad king, prince of all the hell, commander of the second army and the dark fire master. I know all your titles and" The captain got close and said to Xenox ear " I DON'T CARE"

Xenox tried hitting him but the captain hitted him

"YOU FOOL! ONCE I UNTIE YOU WILL...!" Xenox started but the captain interrupted him

"Untie?" He said laughting" That's a good joke! have you even seen of what the chains are made?" He said amused

Xenox angry, looked at the chains. He was shocked. Big, heavy amounts of ice enchanted iron, cold as the fog itself, where around his body, countless, and securing him to the ground.

"Now you see?" The captain said going to the other side "You will DIE before you break those, this ice will freeze you too dead. I am sorry for yarrick, but I don't plan to have to deal with your soul" Xenox lifted his head, and saw a men, full in ice armor, with an ice helmet that covered his face, and an ice sword to his left.

"You know a lot, and have a very big tongue, bastard" Xenox said harsh "I am sure you aren't actually from the ice town"

"None of your business, I am not taking you there anywhere" the captain said "I am taking you to the place where we imprison life forms like you, If you survive of course"

"Don't you mean..." Xenox said shocked

"YES, the void, the empty, endless void" The captain said laughing

"Well, enought of that, I am sorry for yarrick so" The captain said and created an ice stone in his hand "Now, I will put your soul into this, it should be easy since you are tired!"

"AS if you could!" Xenox started, but them, when the captain pointed his sword towards him, he started feeling the pressure, feeling how his soul was being ripped of his body, and taken out, them, he felt the new, cold and lifeless body he was inside now

"This won't last I!" Xenox started again, but them the captain took the chains and chained the soul stone

"This chains limit the souls, and now you are just in this body, there is nothing you can do, you can't even hear me. Learning how to use this ice magic was very usefull, althought it costs me too much energy..." Dante said removing the ice armor and sword. He lit up a fire and putted it close to Yarrick "Now it's up to you, little one" Dante said standing up and going to pilot the ship.

Level 14

Dante and Yarrick ~ Stowaway

He opened his eyes. His body was responding! Eyes, Mouth, Arms. Chest. He could feel it again. The feeling was so week, like the wick of a candle. But it was still so good, so happy, Yarrick's heart almost exploded. He sneered, and happy tears rolled down on his freezing face.

Fire. There was a small, lively fire beside him on the cold floor. He leaned towards the happy light, and warmed his skinny arms. He felt the blood flowing trough his hands again, and the pain in his bones from the weeks of struggling. But this little pain was still better, than the big nothingness he had to go trough.

After warming up by the fire, he noticed that he is moving. On board of the ship, in the middle of the snow storm. There was a coldly glowing stone chained to the ground near him, and a beautiful ice helmet put beside it, with the armor and a sword. He could saw Am'ar Kardos's time staff, farther on the deck. He had brought it on his back while he was possessed. Yarrick had no idea how did he get here though.

"Lets find out." He said to himself standing up. He stepped to the ice helmet, and picked it up. "Soo beautiful." He looked into the crystal rift at the eye of the helmet. "Something I would like to have." He spoke out, wondering. He decided to keep it near him. Who knows this might be the costume of the crew of the ship. He might need to blend in, he still didn't know how he got here.

He grabbed the time Staff, and put the helmet on his head. It didn't feel so cold anymore. He entered the cabinet, where the wheel of the ship was placed. A tall, rough backed man stood at the wheel, with a familiar resolute smile.
"Dante?.." He asked surprised.

Level 19

"So you are awake and already stealing" Dante said facinated "You got guts"

"Not my intention!" Yarrick said hurried and started taking off the helm

"Nah keep the helm, take it as a gift" Dante said

"Thank you?" Yarrick said confused

"Anyway, welcome on board of the articantlis, what can I do for you stowaway?" Dante said ironic

"Umm, do you posibly have some food?" Yarrick said lowly

"There should be some food in that ice furniture" Dante replied

Yarrick went there and took out some small meal which for some reason was warm even thought it was inside the ice furniture, he didn't asked, thought.

After eating and clearing his mind (and stomach) a question came to his head, but before he could ask, dante replied

"Sure you must ask yourself, ´´how did this guy manage to work with this ice stuff?´´ right?" Dante said

"How can you?" Yarrick said worried

"Don't worry I still can't read minds, but it's a pretty obious question considering I am a demon and ice is the last thing demons what to see" Dante explained

Level 14

Dante and Yarrick ~ Articlantis

Dante sticked a big icicle into the wheel to keep the ship in the right direction, while he turned around to explain Yarrick how he got his new powers.

"I changed quite bit since you last saw me." He started. "As you see, i lost my wings to find something far more precious. This ship, the Articlantis. And soon the answers for the most ancient questions of this world."

"But this doesn't explain how you create icicles out of thin air?" Yarrick asked confused.

"Of course it does!" Dante laughed. "Articlantis was made by powerful ancients at Dawn. The dawn of times, and it was long forgotten. But they made it so the captain could drive it trough the cold, frozen oceans. It takes a little piece of magic, and makes it stronger. First I controlled the ship with fire magic, and the ship started burning, like a phoenix. But later i found a small icestone in the storage chests, and the ship goes faster with it. The magic of the ship is connected with the magic of the captain. Thats how i can control the ice." He said, and to prove that he is right, he created a fist sized snowflake from ice.

"That's Awesome! And where are we going now?" Yarrick asked, taking the snowflake from Dante's hand.

Level 19

Dante stood silent and looked worried. The snowflake on Yarrick's hand disapeared

"The void... the void where all will be consumed..." Dante said out of himself

"You okey?" Yarrick asked, succesfuly bringing back Dante to this world

"Oh! yeah sorry, got lost in old memories" Dante said and cleared his throath "Anyway, that's where we are going, the void"

"Void?" Yarrick said unsure

"The place where the first dawn started, it's empty because the last nightfall will start there" Dante started

"Wait what?" Yarrick interruped "That's impossible, a nightfall can't be at the same place there was a dawn!"

"Of course it can, but being seen from the other side" Dante explained patiently

"Oh... you are right" Yarrick said

"Anyway, it's just a prophecy, don't put much attention on it" Dante said "Anyway, there are 2 main reasons why I want to go there, first, it's the best place where I can leave David..."

"Who's David?" Yarrick said

"Known to you as Xenox..." Dante replied and continued "and second because I need something to do there"

"I guess it's safe for you to go there, but what about me?" Yarrick asked

"Well, if you feel unsafe, take a book from the shelf. There all talk about ice magic, but I am not interested, I don't feel comfy on this ice hulk" Dante said

Yarrick went towards the shelf and took out a book

"By the way we will be there tomorrow at midday" Dante added

Level 14

Dante and Yarrick ~ How to make a Snowman

Yarrick sat down on a frozen crate. Since Dante gifted him the helmet, he couldn't feel the cold surrounding him, like the Articlantis accepted him as a member of the crew.

He took a look at the book. It was hard covered, and there were some amazing motives, and shapes on the cover made from ice. It must never have gone places where the temprature is higher than 0 degrees, because the shapes would have melted. The runes on the cover didn't make sense to Yarrick, but they looked friendly and wise.

As he scrolled trough the book, more ancient runes welcomed him, lot of them in stuffed curvy lines. It was not all runes though. There were some drawings. Tall figures in amazing blue and white costumes preformed rituals, and spells in them. Every figure was different from the other, and they were drawn in a magical way, that Yarrick could almost see them moving.

Most drawings contained a specific object. An icestone, what looked like a piece of ice with blue cracks on it, the cracks were glowing white. The figures wore the icestone as jewels, some of them were on the ancient's neck, some worn as a bracelet, and even some tiny ones as a gem in the ring.

Yarrick studied the moves, and pretended to do them. But without an icestone, nothing happened. He found them really cool, and learned some. One of them was creating a layer of ice, another could freeze an object. What he enjoyed the most was though, is the spell he could throw snowballs with.
After he danced, and moved a lot, he kinda got bored with the book. Because no matter how hard he tried, nothing happened. He decided to put the book away, and turned back to the captain.

"Umm Dante... Do you happen to have a second icestone handy?" He asked.

"I'm afraid i dont have. I searched the ship, but i could only find one." He told worried "If you want to, you can go down to the storages and search for it, but i wouldn't raise any hopes."

"I will see what i can find." Yarrick told excited "There is not much to do for me up here anyways!"

"Just be sure to get back soon! We are almost there." Dante shouted after Yarrick, who already disappeared behind a trapdoor.

Level 19

Dante sighted and thought "Well, I shouldn't care about him, I am about to get the incredible powers of the dawn itself, I will give the icestone to him later"
He them looked forward and noticed how not far from where they where, the climate changed radically. The rather blue, cold atmosphere drastically was broken by stroms, huricanes and more.
"As always the void is lovely..." Dante thought "Well, time to go ahead!"

He them screamed through the calling pipe, so that the whole ship would hear

"We are about to enter the void, Yarrick! I suggest you hold on something solide!"

Them, their ship crashed with and invisible wall, and slowly and moving and making a lot of noises, started to enter the void

"I hope the ship stands this pressure" Dante said

Status
Not open for further replies.