• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Odd Save/load for completed map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, I've almost finished my card game map. So, Im using units with Model files of playing cards. I have set this up to be procedurally triggered by your own custom card deck. There are 60 cards in a code. This is I guess your 'Deck code'. You load this first and what the 'deck' consists of will be randomly shuffled and drawn onto the field. So basically my ideas were to have an open slab of plain terrain and when the code was sent, each unit would be placed onto it in a series of 60 regions (I know, quite a bit.) One region per unit (to neatly lay them out and locate them). So, my first question goes as followed:

--Would this be possible to make a saveload for 60 units witha bout 120 possibilities - order doesn't matter as long as it consists of the correct cards

Now for my second question. Everytime you beat someone (this is coded to have a certain number of minutes and life points to know that you've actually been trying to win, instead of sort of 'feeding' someone with a LAN connection.) But anyway, you will recieve 20 random cards. (rarities have already been coded) It would be pointless to lose the cards after you've been done. So Im assuming something like this would be possible.
2 slabs of plain terrain with floating texts saying 'Deck' and 'Cards'(or whatever) To load the deck you use you need to follow an order of operations or just clicka dialog that states its your playing deck, or bundle of cards. Each slab will be evenly placed vertically, possibly in rows of 6horx10vert. and laid out. They will be seperated by boxes and, of course trackables will be used to say 'keep card, toss card' etc.. So essentially there should be 2 codes that could be used. You may have a 'list' of different decks to fit your fancy, and a list of card bundles to mix and match witha deck, to improve or update a previous deck, or simply to trade, etc. Each consist of 60 units (60-120 units on a screen.) The cap for the card bundle section will be 60 cards, making the card bundle code the same ammount as the deck code. You could initially have numerous card bundle codes to sort of hold the cards you're not using. This concludes my second question:

--Possible to dynamically create 2 different codes consisting of 60 units each placed evenly on a right | left sided area of terrain.

Thanks for your ideas/suggestions and crits/help!

Level 7
MTG-TCG said:
Okay, I've almost finished my card game map. So, Im using units with Model files of playing cards. I have set this up to be procedurally triggered by your own custom card deck. There are 60 cards in a code. This is I guess your 'Deck code'. You load this first and what the 'deck' consists of will be randomly shuffled and drawn onto the field. So basically my ideas were to have an open slab of plain terrain and when the code was sent, each unit would be placed onto it in a series of 60 regions (I know, quite a bit.) One region per unit (to neatly lay them out and locate them). So, my first question goes as followed:

--Would this be possible to make a saveload for 60 units witha bout 120 possibilities - order doesn't matter as long as it consists of the correct cards

Now for my second question. Everytime you beat someone (this is coded to have a certain number of minutes and life points to know that you've actually been trying to win, instead of sort of 'feeding' someone with a LAN connection.) But anyway, you will recieve 20 random cards. (rarities have already been coded) It would be pointless to lose the cards after you've been done. So Im assuming something like this would be possible.
2 slabs of plain terrain with floating texts saying 'Deck' and 'Cards'(or whatever) To load the deck you use you need to follow an order of operations or just clicka dialog that states its your playing deck, or bundle of cards. Each slab will be evenly placed vertically, possibly in rows of 6horx10vert. and laid out. They will be seperated by boxes and, of course trackables will be used to say 'keep card, toss card' etc.. So essentially there should be 2 codes that could be used. You may have a 'list' of different decks to fit your fancy, and a list of card bundles to mix and match witha deck, to improve or update a previous deck, or simply to trade, etc. Each consist of 60 units (60-120 units on a screen.) The cap for the card bundle section will be 60 cards, making the card bundle code the same ammount as the deck code. You could initially have numerous card bundle codes to sort of hold the cards you're not using. This concludes my second question:

--Possible to dynamically create 2 different codes consisting of 60 units each placed evenly on a right | left sided area of terrain.

Thanks for your ideas/suggestions and crits/help!

uhm, well, why not use 1 region and loop an offset...instead of having 60 regions which seems excessive

if each 'card' was stored as an integer value (0-119) and then encoded into alpha-numeric and obfuscated into the code i'm sure you could manage a reasonable sized save-code, although i'm not inclined to figure out how long it'll be, on the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.