• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nuke suck vs players and also own

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
To my big surprise nukes sucks more than in SC1. In sc1 it was possible to do some damage with it and hitting with it wasn't so difficult. It's so impossible to hit something with it and foil it I'm shocked myself. All this inhuman players zooomg!!!

But in sc2 it's a different story. You never hit with a nuke. Why? Cuz SC2 is filled with nolifers which all masters nuke dodging except me.

Why nuke sucks
  • Against players they dodge it 90% of the cases, often with very minor losses
  • Red dot is HUGE. Easy to spot
  • Command center scan instantly pwns ghost
  • Ghost cost 150 crystals and gas and nuke 100, expensive move if it fails
  • You can look in the terrain where ghost is. Easy to scan out
  • You can easily dislocated your army if it being targeted
  • Easy to see it near mining locations, you just move your workers away and no big deal.
  • You often fail to do other stuff when doing nuke cuz it's a snack move you enjoy watching
  • Armies don't fear nuke, they see the red not, move a bit away and laughs at it as a noob move

Why nuke is so dangerous
  • Killing all workers in a base is lethal - saps economy
  • If it hits and army it turns the game around for a cheap price
  • It cost 100 gas and crystals, what did you except? If you take out a siege tank you already did a good economic move with nuking that single tank. The more the better.

Ow, so if nuke it's NO IMBA cheat it must be removed. No it's so easy to dogde it such thread will probably not occur; maybe....

the red dot is as small as in sc1...
and it can be very deadly, if used when they attack your base on your choke. they might not hear the nuke sound, because of all the chaos in the attack and they may not notice the dot for same reason. also there is a way to call down a nuke on the base from low ground, by scanning to get vision and starting the nuke then.

Level 9
Ever killed a terrans entire supply (valued at maybe 2000 minerals) for roughly 500 minerals and 500 gas?

Thats why nukes are fun. Plus, no one expects them!

Level 22
You mean GaB.ThorZaIN, another fellow warcraft 3 player also Human, after Kas, and many others <3 <3. But Thorzain is also Swedish and Im thinking Swedish players are getting a very big number of good players in sc2.

Nukes are only made vs protoss because you make ghosts vs toss. Vs another race you have to be really having too much resources and time to go something lateral from what you do vs other 2 races. If you build nukes in the first 10-15 minutes I.. won't comment you.

Level 13
Is that from the beta?

I can't remember seeing a nuke dot even once after the beta. AKA you're not supposed to, because that'd be silly.

You can hear the nuke coming, which should be more than enough.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
He could see the red dot if he had eyes!!!

Omg so noobish that happen never in my games and without that awesome music. They always dodge it all players dogde it in all my games why this happen to others?

I was to nuke a small air army once. Then suddenly a 3 players zerg/terran air armada appeared and grouped which would have pwned us, but they ran into the nuke and the entire air armada was gone. It must have been 300 supplies of it. THat's the only 1 time I ever hit an army with it, without the intention that they ran into it.

Level 1
well ive used nukes heavily in many 4v4 games, in most cases it gives my team the advantage, ive nailed quite a few workers, why because simple in the chaos of the fight not everyones sure what the enemies doing and what your own allies are doing. Not everyone moves their workers when the hear it ( if they hear it), and most ppl who nuke best usually play to ppls fear of nukes by placing the nuke on top of building near where they think that persons gonna move his workers, not only do you kill the workers but 2 nukes wipe out all the buildings. Its a pretty effective strat if you can cover your butt while the nukes are dropping. So nukes have their pros and cons, but so does every other unit or strat in the game, you cant rely on one thing to win, you need to scout and see what works best at that time.

Level 7
Nukes are rarely used since in league since their usually not worth it. But sometimes nukes can be really handy. I've actually won games with them, mostly because the enemy simply didn't expect them.

They are fine.

Level 22
Nukes are rarely used since in league since their usually not worth it. But sometimes nukes can be really handy. I've actually won games with them, mostly because the enemy simply didn't expect them.

They are fine.

True. When you see some good player doing it, it's to have some uniqueness in their strats or something for the moment that they casually decide to use but generally it's not done.

Even if you saw TLO doing it, he isnt like in 90% of the time.

Level 3
Here are some of my observations about nukes.
1. When nuking a terran player, they will often scan a spot between your base and their army. Try nuking them from behind.
2. When a player hears "nuclear launch detected" they will often move their workers and armies around at random in panic before actually finding the red dot. I have seen players accidentally moving their armies closer to the dot while trying to get away.
3. While players are macroing their army, they are often too busy to keep their workers safe from nukes. Try setting up an expansion as a decoy before barraging the enemy base.

Level 2
The dot is significantly more visible as the dot is a more solid bright red when playing on low graphics setting making it easier to spot and harder to hide.

Level 40
Here are some of my observations about nukes.
1. When nuking a terran player, they will often scan a spot between your base and their army. Try nuking them from behind.
2. When a player hears "nuclear launch detected" they will often move their workers and armies around at random in panic before actually finding the red dot. I have seen players accidentally moving their armies closer to the dot while trying to get away.
3. While players are macroing their army, they are often too busy to keep their workers safe from nukes. Try setting up an expansion as a decoy before barraging the enemy base.
Here are some observations about your post:

1. Your opponents are in copper.
2. Your opponents are in copper.
3. Your opponents are in copper.

Hate to say it, but your strategies rely on your enemy being bad. Basing your strategies off your opponents' skill will not get you far.

Level 1
Aye, nukes do really have their pros and cons, even tho i've been lucky enough to wipe out a mass marine/medievac army in 3v3, worth 350 supplies is my guess, it can really suck sometimes :p

Level 13

Hate to say it, but your strategies rely on your enemy being bad. Basing your strategies off your opponents' skill will not get you far.

True, except for the bolded part. If I'm in bronze, I can spam easily countered air units and win because I know my enemy sucks.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Hindyhat has a good point, like as I experience it, it's totally impossible to use nukes against skilled players. They even foil it sometimes by scanning out my ghost before i get to launch the nuke. They are not retards everyone knows it's very easy to foil nukes.

Last edited:
i find it best to get your ghost to the place where you want to nuke and nuke at his legs. the enemy will not expect you to sacrifice your ghost. and launching more then one nuke at the same time is totally possible against good players as they will simply not have time to kill all ghosts, if they are positioned well. but the hard part is to get them possitioned agaitns good players, but if the opponent doesn't know about your nukes, its not that impossible.
EDIT: look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-nP98VI5g&feature=related
epic

Last edited:
Level 3

There is no copper league. Your argument is invalid.

At any rate, I've found the hint about hiding the dot behind the tip of a mineral field helpful.

Level 22
Here is a nuke strike I did yesterday, I was losing the game so decided to do some crazy things. I went for Nuke to even the scores but I can only regret he didn't come with all units. Still losing these units, I did a counter attack and just when I thought I owned him, he came with some more units out of nowhere.

Level 3
Here is a nuke strike I did yesterday, I was losing the game so decided to do some crazy things. I went for Nuke to even the scores but I can only regret he didn't come with all units. Still losing these units, I did a counter attack and just when I thought I owned him, he came with some more units out of nowhere.

Still a cool strike though.

Status
Not open for further replies.