• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NoX RPG (Multiplayer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
NoX

Introduction

NoX is a rpg I am working currently working on. I am trying to make this as close as possible to the original NoX. This is hard for me to handle so I would like to ask the people of hive if they are interested in helping me create NoX rpg as close as possible to the original NoX.

Introduction to NoX
For those of you who do not know what NoX is here is a brief explanation/introduction.
NoX was a rpg (obviously) but it was epic in the way that you control have advanced control over your character. I will go in depth of the control system later. Over all NoX had what every great rpg has. Dungens, items, spells, epic story line, great graphics (At that time they were), and many areas to explore with hidden secrets. NoX in moderns times a man named Jack living in a tralier with his girlfriend. Suddenly while his girlfriend went into the kitchen a magic portal teleported jack into the world of NoX. (How this happened I forgot). Once there he met a man named Jandor who is bascially a mentor in the game. Tells you your current quest and what not. Long before, Jandor, was the hero who control the mystic staff of Oblivion. With this staff Jandor was able to defeat the necromancers but one problem, the last surviving necromancer was a infant girl who he decided to leave in the ogre village.
That event led to jack begin teleported into this world. That young girl was raised by the Ogres to self proclaim herself queen on necromancer. Her goal (As every villian) is to take over the world. This is were Jandor and Jack come in. Jack is the legendary hero (Something like that) Who is suppose to stop the Queen of necromancer which is named Hecubah. Jack travels throughout the world of Nox meeting Warlord Horrendus (Fire Knight King), Archwizard Horvath (Wizard king), and the two conjurers whos names escape me at the moment (Temple of Ix).

When you first pressed play in the menu of NoX you got to choose what you wanted to be. A warrior, conjurer, or wizard. Once you picked you began you epic quest to stop Hecubah. Every class had its own different story line to follow but at one point the storylines met (The land of despair (I believe thats the name)).

Over all this game had advanced controls like JansiGx said. Attacks were activated by a clicks. You had to keep clicking in order to keep attacking. Obviously some of you think this is lame but this made the game more player interactive. The next thing where spells. Only a few spells were homing most spells were target which made this great for arena. For example the warrior spell Berserker Charge was activated the second you click the spell. The warrior would just run at max speed in the direction he was facing. If there was a enemy infront of him the enemy would get hit and he would stop running but if there was no enemy he would keep running until he hit a wall or a tree. Once he hit part of the terrain he would take damage and be stunned for a few seconds. Makes sense doesnt it? If your running at something at full speed and you hit it with your head you would get hurt. Another thing was for spells like Fire Ball. When a wizard casted this spell to close to himself he obviously burned himself which made the more realistic.

The best part were the dungens. Every dungen had its own little thing that it special. Some dungens had traps. These traps made the dungen harder to complete. These traps though could be used to your own advantage. One of the traps made a giant fist of stone (Fist of vengence) Fall when the person stepped into the trap. It was dodgeable but it was very hard to dodge. This trap could also affect the enemy units.

Since I havn't played this game in 9 years I cannot remember much more. But overall I think NoX is the best rpg I have ever played. Ofcourse this is just my opinion. Now I am dedicated to make a wc3 rpg that will show the people of Wc3 what they have missed :D

What I Need

-Terrainer
-Trigger (Item type system / Save and Load)
-Spell Maker (GUI or Jass)
-Testers
-Modeler
-Ideas (From people who have played or know of NoX)

1) Trigger - Mostly what I need for triggers are item type system, save/load system, and (I just forgot what I was gonna put here ...)
2) Spell Maker - To be honest I am no expert at spell making especially at Jass. Anyone who is extremely familiar with GUI and Jass or either one is welcomed.
3) Testers - Won't need any until the map is at a higher stage
4) Modeler - At the moment I do not have the screen shots to shows a modeler exaclty what I need. Soon enough I will post screen shots.
5) Ideas - Won't need these until the map is at a higher stage

Current Progress

I Started this project about 1 month ago. My first few attempts were total failure since my ideas were not straight and I could not focus on one thing. Now I have a map which I plan to make my final draft in. This final draft so far only contains the six hero skins, 3 custom spells, about 10% terrain, and set up / Hero picking Triggers.

Current Plans

For now these are the current plans I have to give this NoX rpg its own original touch:

-Female Race
-Different Custom Items
-More Spells
-New Areas

Future Plans

Ofcourse my current plans will not be enough to create a epic rpg well done enough to actually be played. The following are plans I have for this rpg in the future when people join this project:

-Flag Ball (PVP Sport)
-Arena / Elimination (PVP)
-Advanced Item System
-Quests
-Cinematics
-In depth Storyline

Other Ideas

Feel free to post other ideas here. If you have never played NoX do not feel like you cannot be part of this project. Since capturing every single part of the original is pratically impossible... Adding its own Wc3 touch would be perfectly fine.

Conclusion

If I have failed to be specific enough (I know I havnt in some areas) quote or point it out so I can specify exactly what I need. Screenies will be out shortly.

**Yes I have a post on I believe its called Map Recruiting. This post (although it does ask people to join the project) is more to let the people know that Nox rpg will be here soon.

Here is the link to my other NoX thread feel free to visit. (It is almost the same but that thread is for recruiting.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/need-trigger-er-for-nox-orpg-137030

Link to Model Requests:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/nox-models-request-rep-138902/#post1251279

Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry for doublepost

Since I have been in school for the past month progress on the map has been very slow. Just now I finish my final and progress should speed up greatly after today. I will mostly work on terrain and spellbooks. If you want to join just post here or msg me. (same name)

Level 4
After thinking for a long while I realize that I am not ready to make a NoX Orpg. When I decide to make a Nox Orpg or campagin w/e I want it to be nearly, if not, perfect. If you want to make NoX DanThanh your welcomed to but I am going to start a new project. :)

*Btw your Sacred campaign can be really good. I have played sacred 2 and its a fun game except on single player its slow and borring. Good luck.

Level 25
Nox.
Probably the best game ever.

Well, good luck with the map and
Amigurumi has a point, the Move/Attack system
in Nox will be hard to make in WC3 (if it's even possible).

---

One thing you could do, is just simple make a WC3 version
of it with a new story.
What happened after Jack returned home? What happened before?
There are many things you can play around with :)

it's in tga, and if he would import it in his map (maybe he looks in the request section, for someone who can make him this into a loading screen for his map, or I can make it for him, if he don't know how to do it).
and then it should be smaller

well it's about 400 kb. I attached the map

Attachments

• LastCreatedMap.w3x
    441.3 KB · Views: 222
Level 12
Hmm, i still remember NoX, and i got it on the shelf behind me, and it works.
Great idea for a map, i look further to it :)

Level 4
Well your right (amigurumi) but as DanThanH said Nox was fun because it was a campaign with each character having its own story. I guess I could make it like Massively Mideval where each race has its own beginning.

Also when you logged on multiplayer on NoX you could join specific "Quest" games where it was basically a rpg. You could get gear and "Quest" with other people. Although there was no storyline and you appeared in random places after completeing each dungen.

I don't know I am kind of discouraged at the moment. I had this great idea for a NoX rpg and the second I opened World Editor my ideas kind of smushed together into a big blob and im not sure what to do :cry:

If I do decide to continue then I will make it either like;

1) Quest where there is no storyline what-so-ever and you just go through dungens.

2) Campaign as close as possible to the original NoX (Single Player)

3) Make a new NoX. Using the same original Characters and parts of the original storyline forged into my own ideas creating a brand new NoX.

I think you people should vote on which one you like best because at the moment I just woke up and I am so confused im not even sure what 2 + 2 is.

I think the best would be the quest.
1) It's multiplayer
2) you can play it quite often, and in normal campaign, you play it maybe once in a year
3) I like the obelisk spawn system of the quest
4) hack'n'slash :p
5) you need keys, which you gain in the level, to open chests, where you get extra attachments

Level 4
xD Refresh my memory... Which was the obelisk spawn system?

You mean the one where there was, example, a sort of block with the statue of, lets say, a urchin ontop. Then every X seconds it would spawn said unit until it was destoryed.

That obelisk system? :p

Also please elaborate on your hack'n'slash. Do you mean like total chaos? (Sounds fun) or something to do with the attack system?

BTW thanks for the idea :wink:

Level 4
Yeah see The only thing I can think of, that is closest to a "Hack'n'slash" system is where I completely remove the "attack" from the unit then I also remove the attack icon "Ability". I make a spell and replace it with it. This spell plays the attack animation and damage. Then I can change the hotkey to right or left click. The move system I forgot how that worked. Refresh my memory? xD

Level 4
Well here is the biggest question then.

Attachments or no?

Working with attachments could be hard because I am going to need a modeler for the specific attachments. Like all the items in Nox are werid looking. For example the wizard helmet xD pointy.

Level 4
Once again I appologize for Double Post

Okay very well I am still making a Nox rpg. One condition though... after I beat it again!!! :D I LOVE the music NoX has. I will post screenies and other things soon enough with progress about the map and thanks ALOT amiguru!!!!

Level 4
Offtopic: Okay I just beat nox as warrior ^^ Got all the secrets and beat her with flimsy sword of bewilderment only :D

Okay back on topic. Amiguru is right. THW or wc3net any of those do not have all the atachments required to make a nox rpg if I am choosing to make it with attachments but Amiguru is on to something... I should make my own! I wil still make a thread on requests to see if anyone in Hive is willing to make any (Which I doubt) but I am going to learn how to make my own. And yes it is going to be like quest.

EDIT: This is the link to the model requests. I will also post on the first post
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/nox-models-request-rep-138902/#post1251279

Last edited:
Level 7
So you decide to use attachments? and how about the map, will it be a campaign or rpg?
Campaign is good since it's for single player so it's easier to code and solve such long story and huge quests, but RPG would interest more people i think :)

Level 4
Yes its going to be multiplayer but it will be difficult and time consuming since I am working alone :razz:. Plus all them models I am probably going to have to make and the time it is going to take me to learn how to model. I would estimate maybe 1 or 2 months of nonstop work on this to be able to release, atleast a alpha, version of this at this current rate. Ill keep you guys posted on the new stuff and screenies as soon as possible. Gots alot of work to do!!:gg:

Since I am making it multiplayer it will be based on Quest with not much of a storyline. Mostly dungens. I think I will make the max level 10. Since in Nox that is the max level ^^ and the rest is up to gear. I don't know yet ill post the final decisions soon.

Cya every1 going 2 bed now :p

Level 4
Once again I appologize for Double Post (Again)

Okay I expect this post to die out in the next few weeks or so meanwhile I work on models and other stuff I need to work on. When a model is finished (Hopefully it will be good :gg:) I will post a pic here.

Level 4
Im currently learning how to model myself :p Its probably epic hard to get everything done correctly but I really want to do this so I do not care how hard it is or time consuming.

Since there are alot of models to be done I did request some of them on the request page. The link is on the first post. Check it out!

Edit: I feel so bad that I never saw your post where you had the loading screen until now xD And yes I already had a loading screen. I used this one
Thx for the screen btw sorry again :cry:

Yes the westwood sign is removed from the one I have this is just the one in my pics

Attachments

• Nox.jpg
    Nox.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Level 12
i cant wait...wish there was NoX 2...freaking EA! Why did they have to destroy westwood D:

Good job on the progress anyway, im starting to get impatient D: wants to plaaayyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.