• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Trigger(er) for NoX ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone in Hive!!!!

I am currently working on NoX ORPG. Now You must be wondering "If he cant trigger how is he working on a orpg?" Well ill tell you something... I am wondering the same thing! :wink:

Okay serious now. Yes I am a decent triggerer. But what I really need help on are:
-Save/load System
-Item type System
-Advanced Spells

Other Things I Need.
-Ideas
-Testers
-Models

Anyone who knows how to trigger these and feels like begin part of this project just post here or message me ingame. (Same name)

Things I do not need (Most Likely)
-Terrainer

If your a modeler and want to help I will get back to you on which models I need. ATM I do not have screenshots.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:
Level 8
Means: Hero takes a Sword, but already have a Weapon-Hand-Item.
So: "You canno´t use 2 Items with your Weaponhand!" And lay the item down.

Level 8
You can´t bump all the time.
Write something about the map, but don´t write Bump all the time :wink:

Level 4
Umm okay then... Here goes!!!

So since capturing the epicness of NoX into one single Wc3 map is really not possible some things from the original NoX will be left out.

** For those of you who don't know NoX was a pc game that came out in 2000 about the same time that diablo came out.

Some of the new things I am going to add are:
-New Classes
-Female Race ( Jacks Girlfriend for those who played NoX)
-More Spells ( Warrior only has 6 spells so I will try to add about 8 more)

To be honest I just started learning GUI few months ago. I have learned alot but I not good enough yet to make a Save/load system. If someone did make it I could probably figure out how to work it eventually. Also a item type system.

My first try to make a NoX Orpg was pretty bad. Lol I won't even go into detail.

My second try was better only that I tried using attachments. It turns out that won't work because;
1) I couldn't find the attachments I needed
2) If someone did voulenteer to make the attachments... It would be WAY to many
3) With so many custom model attachments the map wouldnt be playable xD

My final try is the one that is working out so far. I have, so far, the skins for the 3 heroes I am planning to use ( Warrior (Fire Knight), Conjurer, Wizard). To make things more interesting I decided to make one of each of these classes, but FEMALE!
Why? You ask? Well because wc3 and people who make rpgs are sexist xD! Meh... I mostly did it because it would give people more of a choice (I guess) in picking a hero.

Another thing I want to add is a bigger inventory. Right now I don't have the link but when I do I will post it asap.

Well for those people who have ever played NoX and want 2 contribute go for it.

One more thing!! I havn't played NoX in about 9 years so those who have a more fresh memory of NoX than I do just post here information about NoX. For example the first dungen each class goes through or items like Death Ray staff, Triple Fire Ball Staff, ETC... I do not remember all the item names so feel free to post em if you know some :)

Hows that Nurga?

Level 8
Much better :p
I also played NoX, was a good game but i like Diablo more ^^
Let´s see what will come.

well, I play it at the moment. I can give you informations, screenshots (of monsters), or spell ideas.

Is this going to be an single player rpg, or an multiplayer rpg?

I could do some of the spells (GUI but not JASS/vJAsS).

It would have been great with attachments, but you're right, it would take alot of space.
And, are youg going to do the different levels for each class? example: You play with warrior, and you have to go into the city of the mages, you play mage and you have to go into the city of the fire knights.

Level 4
Im gonna regret this >.>
Okay blood xD

@Amiguru Well this is what it comes down to... Atachments and storyline. If this is single player then I have to make it like fire knights go into wizard tower and so on.
The real problem is Multiplayer. This is why I need ideas. How do I make it so it works you know? Wish I could elaborate more but im kinda stumped.
For attachments I could do that but I am going to need a great modeler. The model count doesn't really mater since compressing size is a option.

Level 4
Here is another porblem if its quests there really isnt much a storyline right? Also would there be a starting area before the dungens since quest is all dungens? I am not trying to diss the ideas of doing it Quest style but this is something that will affect the map alot

Status
Not open for further replies.