• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can the Enviroment Kill Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
"In the Diablo 3 gameplay video we all saw how the barbarian killed a grope of zombies making a wall drop on them but right before a bridge was destroyed by a falling block of stone. In the video, the barbarian didn't rush too much and wasn't on the bridge when the stone fell but what would have happened if he was? Would he been crushed exactly like the zombies he killed just moments later?"

I do hope the big Blue includes gameplay that is somewhat simillar to NoX.
(with all the awesome traps and how to avoid them, quests and gameplay)

To those that don't know what NoX is:

NOX1.JPG
NOX10.JPG

Nox is an action role-playing game developed by Westwood Studios and published by Electronic Arts in 2000 for Microsoft Windows. It details the story of a young man from Earth named Jack who is pulled into a high fantasy parallel universe and has to defeat the evil sorceress Hecubah and her army of Necromancers if he is ever to return home. Depending on the player's choice of character class at the beginning of the game (warrior, conjurer, or wizard), the game follows three largely different linear storylines, each leading to its own unique ending. In the multiplayer, players can compete against each other in various game modes (such as deathmatch and capture the flag) or cooperate against computer-controlled monsters in the "Quest" mode introduced with the latest patch. The game received generally positive reviews from the critics and media.

Source: Nox (video game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Level 6
Environments that are interactive?? Robin Hood from Strategy First was the "first" time I saw that "logs that kill a lot of generals in mere seconds thing"...They should think of more original stuff next time...since Bill Roper joined another company (Correct me if I'm wrong though)...also, I just hope Diablo III ain't More of The Same...

Level 17
It would be a pain in the ass if you keep killing yourself with the environment! =:D
But it seems unrealistic that u wont be hurt when there is a huge piece of stone comming at your way, destroying the bridge at the point where u stand.
Like will u die? Or will some magical little fairy teleport you to after the bridge and you can go yayz I didn't die?

I vote for: yes, environments can kill you. :p

Level 24
Nox was and awesome game. It would be only awesome if Blizzard adapted some of their systems. Indeed the Barbarian should've died if he was on that bridge, and then "ress" in the nearest city with his equipment by his side, since you cant go down to fetch it otherwise like you normally do when you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.