• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Awww a Nostalgia thread!! :D Must post!

We're on the same boat Kim :p I too have seen many people come and go. For me, the best times were 2007 and 2008, with Wolverabid, Mecheon, Earth-Fury and the fusses, among other things, with the Jury of Awesomeness (in spite of some nasty things they did). You and MasterHaosis filled the quotes database with the most epic stuff. Those were the days. Damn, don't get me started or I'll shiver to death writing this post. >.<

I miss VGsatomi too. No offense meant to any of this site's (former) administrators, but, back in wc3sear.ch and until now, veggie was the only person with whom I ever felt my job was given due value. He never acted like he was above anyone, not with other moderators, at least.

I miss the times in which people would solve things in Site Discussion. Brad even opened up a thread once for the sole purpose of discussing some social issue that had popped up in the chat, related to that wiki the Jury had created, I think. Later, people began wrapping it all and labeling it «drama», which suddenly became forbidden; every thread about «drama» had to be immediately locked. I think the times in which things were discussed openly and with everyone were lost because of this.

Yeah, it seems that, as a general rule, the farther you go in time, the worse everything is. I look back even at arguments I had with other people and it gives me laughters, those were the days, I too wish we could go back.

P.S. — I don't think I miss the days in which JASS was only for pros :p i.e. I don't miss not knowing JASS at all :p but the glorious days of wc3 modding fill me with nostalgia too. Maybe it's because I associate it with my childhood. Things could be taken with a grain of salt back then.
i wish i was here back then :sad:
that time sounds really fun, and i want to met VG and wolverabid too (dunno why, i just want to met them)

Level 22
Ask Jad, didn't he time traveled when he was trying to update his resource?

Last edited:
Level 27
Can anybody give me a history lesson on this Brony group thing it sound juicy.

If you want a local story, well, Pyritie, our ex-admin, once posted a full MLP episode on one of the biggest off-topic subforum threads. The next day like a dozen people already had cartoon pony avatars, and soon after a thread dedicated to show was created. Many active users, including moderators and other site staff, quickly became fans of the show and started to actively discuss it and post show-related memes and stuff like that. Quite few users, including me, were disgruntled by this new memetic fad. Later, the fanbase became quite large, meanwhile the tensions between show's fans and their enemies grew. Eventually this lead to some arguings, creation of TRAP and Legion of Ponies social groups... then I was gone from the workshop for a while, but from all I know the fandom continued to thrive until some forum purge or some thing like that, no idea what really happened, but judging by thread histories the MLP thread died then, so guess you can say story ends there.

Level 30
If you want a local story, well, Pyritie, our ex-admin, once posted a full MLP episode on one of the biggest off-topic subforum threads. The next day like a dozen people already had cartoon pony avatars, and soon after a thread dedicated to show was created. Many active users, including moderators and other site staff, quickly became fans of the show and started to actively discuss it and post show-related memes and stuff like that. Quite few users, including me, were disgruntled by this new memetic fad. Later, the fanbase became quite large, meanwhile the tensions between show's fans and their enemies grew. Eventually this lead to some arguings, creation of TRAP and Legion of Ponies social groups... then I was gone from the workshop for a while, but from all I know the fandom continued to thrive until some forum purge or some thing like that, no idea what really happened, but judging by thread histories the MLP thread died then, so guess you can say story ends there.

I guess the vaccine for the pony virus was simple. "Do not tolerate yourself with (pony)Love".

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I don't know that I'd say it 'died', per say... But it definitely slows down in the off-seasons (i.e. between Seasons). Just not as much to talk about, I guess. I mean, it is a Wc3 Modding website; it's not EquestriaDaily or something. :p

I'm still into it, though, and looking forward to talking about Season 4 around here occasionally.

Level 2
I miss the friendships I had, I miss the occasional dramas, I even miss being banned on here. I miss making resources that sucked like hell, but still got downloaded sooo often. I miss trolling and getting away with it too. I also miss you, wulf. I also miss my earliest years, in which I was completely new to the internet. I was an annoying cunt, and had a lot of arguments with mods who rejected my resources. I occasionally come back here and think "those were the days".

I miss everybody I shared lulz with.

Cheers
Devine

Level 45
I miss the friendships I had, I miss the occasional dramas, I even miss being banned on here. I miss making resources that sucked like hell, but still got downloaded sooo often. I miss trolling and getting away with it too. I also miss you, wulf. I also miss my earliest years, in which I was completely new to the internet. I was an annoying cunt, and had a lot of arguments with mods who rejected my resources. I occasionally come back here and think "those were the days".

I miss everybody I shared lulz with.

Cheers
Devine

We all have the capabilities of being our worst enemies. And then, looking upon our past, the memories are still quite....nostalgic.

Btw. HI! :)

*Music*
Nothing more to add, I guess.
The good times....

A complex and wise decision, to not state [good old times],
as these days are good times aswell (though you may say it depends on the definition of "good" in this context).

Miss ye art stuff. With your current understanding of anatomy, you should be able to pull out something disturbing and beautiful.
Operated on anyone lately?

Level 35
While I miss the busy sense one used to have here, I am still gaining fond memories even if those I truly connected with is becoming more rare, partly due to my own inactivity and partly due to theirs. I miss Shados posts, and VG's. I miss the vast amount of reactions one could gain to almost anything, however that does still occur in part.

It will always be a place of joy for me and I will always visit, even if the further forces me to visit with less frequent intervals.

I miss the mass threads where such people like mr bob posted in, creating these debates about something pretty stupid. Although ended up being entertaining. This is one of the reasons why I tried to start to become more active.

Also the MLP thread. It eventually got to me before I already knew it.

Oh yes and the time when I posted my first thew maps, I got so many negative reactions. Although I do miss being horibly new to everything.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What's with the hate to MLP? I never thought there was hate towards it =P just chill, it's a TV show.

It's kind of nonsense to hate it, there's nothing I could do for you to stop watching it.

...but why do men like watching little girls' tv show o_O

Level 27
It's kind of nonsense to hate it, there's nothing I could do for you to stop watching it.

...but why do men like watching little girls' tv show o_O

Well, my Tleno Science™ tells me it's one of these:
1. Freudian excuse
2. It's THAT good! [citation needed]
3. Government brainwash program (Seen anyone wearing tinfoil hat watch the show? Exactly!)
4. There's nothing better on TV
5. It has something magical in it that effects subconscience
6. People making it knew what they were doing
7. All of the above.

Personally, I prefer the option 8.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Okay, I just watched a minute of that show. It seems like a children's tv show meant for girls what a surprise lol.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I checked 22 minute episode. I watched a minute of it... No, I don't enjoy children tv shows anymore, that time is long gone o_O

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Of course, why you even bother asking ^^

Roland

R

Roland

:sad: I remember when BlackDeath announced that -Grendel passed away I won't forget that that day.

Level 35
I saw that announcement.. But is he really has passed away? His last activity was...

He committed suicide, but not to dwell on that - as my memories and nostalgia about Hive is more of the life and joy it brought people than a situation like that - That said, Lucent is the newest member on Hive I knew who made the biggest impact, in both the bravest and saddest way. Its nostalgia, but in a different way that I have yet to decide if good or bad.

I checked 22 minute episode. I watched a minute of it... No, I don't enjoy children tv shows anymore, that time is long gone o_O

A reason why "Bronies" would enjoy watching each episode would be because of the moral that advances through the episode.

With each episode that was made, things can be led up from previous episodes.

There would be a bunch of other reasons to enjoy, although I think that I have my point into why you rejected it with 2 minutes of watch. xD
Not many people would know what to expect even now that there is a large fanbase.

This is actually a reason why I never ended up watching many episodes when I heard about it(also because I was like 13 at the time).

Roland

R

Roland

Some of the users think that -Grendel is still alive and going online at the hive, But I believe that his younger brother using his account to checkout some of his Notifications.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

A reason why "Bronies" would enjoy watching each episode would be because of the moral that advances through the episode.

With each episode that was made, things can be led up from previous episodes.

There would be a bunch of other reasons to enjoy, although I think that I have my point into why you rejected it with 2 minutes of watch. xD
Not many people would know what to expect even now that there is a large fanbase.

This is actually a reason why I never ended up watching many episodes when I heard about it(also because I was like 13 at the time).

Sure sure, but I'm kind of sure that can happen on adult tv shows too ^^ If that's the reason why adult man watches little girls' tv shows... I don't want to live here anymore... jk, people can watch whatever they want :)

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

I miss the days when people actually hosted good games on bnet....

Now all I do is play COTH

Status
Not open for further replies.