• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Hi guys, I'v been a member of this site for as long as I can remember, I have seen many people come and go, plenty of resources such as models and icons, and events, all good and bad.

I have made alot of friends on this site, people who are close to me.

QUESTIONS:
Do you share many good memories with this site? What do you or did you enjoy?

Do you think warcraft 3 and its modding community has changed and become almost dead? Do you miss it?

---
I miss all the previous people on this site...good and bad really, I wish I could turn back time and befriend the people I drew away and keep in contact with those who drifted away. I miss how big this community use to be, I remember when it was SOO INSANELY BUSY :eek:.. I would be here almost 24/7 XP and there would be PAGES of new posts within a matter of half an hour.

I do miss how warcraft 3 modding and gaming has changed..alot of people seem to have moved on sadly, I miss making resources, pleasing people and seeing them being used in games. However, as of my return to hive, it seems...very quiet... I had gotten back from a 2-3 year break from hive/the internet.

Don't worry, I plan to stay here for as much as I can :) This community has always given me a special place in its heart just as its people.

Thankyou Hive, thankyou for giving me a reason to look forward for the next day, giving me amazing people to talk to, and to expand my skills :)

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I miss my drive to mod, it´s never been the same I also miss the part about the flood in the recruitment and mapping section, so many ideas and when they were recruiting the post would look like this.

Hello I am making a project, it´s gonna be good.
I need 4 modelers 3 terraineers and 5 object editors and 6 story writers and 15 idea people and 7 skinners and 16 icon makers. Thank you.

What has change is that the site has become less for modding and more for people to get together and discuss other games and chat which is fine.

Level 22
Do you think warcraft 3 and its modding community has changed and become almost dead? Do you miss it?
Yeah; I miss it too, specially the lenghty discussions (and debates) about programming stuff, I've always liked that, learning stuff from the pros.

I miss my friends here too, some of them already left modding and I haven't heard from them since. I also took a break from modding, about one and a half years. Unlike you, nobody remembers someone like me, I'm the random guy who randomly posts things people forgot about or don't care about anymore. Mostly asking for a minor help here and there. I wish I had participated more.

Still, I'm content with being a small part of the community. I felt really happy when Purge remembered who I was. Thanks man!

Level 19
All who have been here for a while and have witnessed the sad devolution of the community and decrease of activity, looks back at the old glorious days, when Battle.net was run by actual people, and not by hosting bots which everyone despises and avoids today. Looks back to the good old days when each of the forums and social groups in here busted with life. Back to the days before the dark Zero Toleration-era, the times where all those good, friendly, funny, productive, etc.etc.etc. members were still here :l

I'm happy I have made memorable signs of my own personal journey through the times of Hive. Since my arrival, my two closest passions have been roleplaying and drawing, and combining the two, have produced artworks, full of great memories.
One of the first RPs I entered on the Hive gave me a personal OC (Original Character), whom I have sticked with through the years, in every single RP I have entered afterwards. His evolution, as a character, and my skills, clearly shows a difference from his first to his current appearance :b
am_ar_concept_art_1_by_amargaard-d6nsra8.jpg

174866-albums3368-picture72519.png

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Don't really have nostalgia for this site (except, perhaps, for the people; the good people that used to contribute. All before Zero Tolerance, that is), but for Wc3 Modding, sure. In some ways, the "glory days" are still going; for example, I'm consistently (and pleasantly) surprised by how many Modelers we still have & have more of every day (heck, the last contest had almost 30 entrants! And the model section is constantly over-flowing with more & more quality). However in other ways, it's a decade-old & showing it.

Sad. I just hope to finish my major project(s) while someone is still around to look at them.

And tell me they suck. xD

Do you share many good memories with this site? What do you or did you enjoy?
I have many memories about this site, both good and bad.
For the best part, I love how I manage to gain friends from another places here, this place have really give me a big change over my live, so thanks for that.
Next, this site is where I nurtured all of my modding skills, if I never go here, I might never reach what I am now.
Then, this site is what I am used to now, 1 day of no visit = a big pain to me.
To sum it up, Hive is the best place I have ever register over all modding sites I have ever register, and this place is the best place that really help and support me in my mapmaking.

Warcraft 3 Modding Communities will not die! Not until Warcraft IV is out.
I do however, miss the days where DotA haven't rule the Battle Net Servers [more accurately, Indonesian Private Battle Net Servers]. In those days, all kind of maps can easily rise and fall. The time where all maps can fight for fame, but now, those chance are pretty low.

Level 9
I forgot how i got here in the first place
been a troll when i first learn about posting threads
got banned before lol
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/emo-thrall-woot-182652/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/naked-banshee-woot-182567/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/sexy-babes-adding-more-tiles-182557/

im so ashamed of my past behavior lmao

i guess we all grew up one day
now i have very little time on WE

Well hive in the old days flooded by Dota wanna be AOS
even me myself was making one during that time
everything changed when CloudWolf's Diablo 3 warcraft came

i realise thees more in Wc3 modding

LOL until now i still havent finish any of my maps

but one day i will....one day...:DDDDDDDD

and Hive is the only forum i care about loging in.....

Level 27
Well.. I myself was gone for a couple years and returned two months ago...
I seriously have no idea what exactly happened here during the purge and how it all ended, but it saddens me to see Starcraft 2 section that may be Hive's salvation in future had zero progress, miss many of the users that apparently decided to left (Except for Anarchyandbedlam) and... well, guess I overall miss those times when I was a rookie modder just playing with editor for fun.
152252-albums4526-picture44198.gif

>Join date: 2013

dafuq?

...wait, it gets creepier

>Posts: 2,640

are you a robot?

Okay, time to make some debate.
Joke aside.

It's not that much to me, if you compare the stat of me against Rheiko.
Honestly, I am here already for 9 months, so it's pretty much long enough for me.

Indeed, 9 month period is long enough to get acknowledged with the forums... and, judging by your posts and reputation, you're rather extremely active here!

Thanks, and yes, I have been very active lately.
If we're active and behave well, even in 1 or 2 months, the forum will acknowledged your presence well.

Roland

R

Roland

When I was the first time User, I used to Steal models on Wc3-maps.ru and Upload Dimbasik's models here, Then I came back Flamming Xian on Private message and I was himulated by some of the members, then I decided to change my mind and be appropriate, and Here I am.

Level 22
Thanks, and yes, I have been very active lately.
If we're active and behave well, even in 1 or 2 months, the forum will acknowledged your presence well.

I think it's more than just being well-behaved, you've been busting people's problems and other shit a lot.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Okay, time to make some debate.
Joke aside.

It's not that much to me, if you compare the stat of me against Rheiko.
Honestly, I am here already for 9 months, so it's pretty much long enough for me.

He's joined 27.8.2013 and has 1,068 posts. I dunno what to say. He likes forums? (And is obviously a new version of Daffa-Robot.)

I think it's more than just being well-behaved, you've been busting people's problems and other shit a lot.
Well, I myself has the ability to solve those shits and problems, so why not help them? They could use our helpful hands right?

He's joined 27.8.2013 and has 1,068 posts. I dunno what to say. He likes forums? (And is obviously a new version of Daffa-Robot.)
Well, it's just based on how addicted you are to Hive.
Also, please don't call me Daffa-Robot. Why? Because I'm not a bot.

Level 19
Hell_Master is worse.. when he first got here, he was like "Thanks for giving me green gem!! Love you <3", and we talked a lot about rep and stuff - I have no idea what he did, and how he did it, and neither do I want to know, but he has a crazy amount of rep and post count now o_O

Level 11
When I was posting in admin spaces or places where you had to show respect I used to record a fart, then decode the .wav to hexadecimal.

I took that hex code and would paste it into html tags that were deliberately broken, so the forum would embed my fart code into the post I made without showing anything.

I did this for hundreds of posts.

Level 27
Dang these newbies will be outrepping me soon. Believe it or not at one point I was in the top 30 hivers with most rep. I miss the days where I cared so much about it ^^

Oh yes, I can remember my own times when I was a rep-o man (Pun intended) scoring a handful of reps per week... and seems I got not a single rep since the time I returned... :xxd:

Level 22
When I was posting in admin spaces or places where you had to show respect I used to record a fart, then decode the .wav to hexadecimal.
Sounds cool, I wish I knew how to do that.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Awww a Nostalgia thread!! :D Must post!

We're on the same boat Kim :p I too have seen many people come and go. For me, the best times were 2007 and 2008, with Wolverabid, Mecheon, Earth-Fury and the fusses, among other things, with the Jury of Awesomeness (in spite of some nasty things they did). You and MasterHaosis filled the quotes database with the most epic stuff. Those were the days. Damn, don't get me started or I'll shiver to death writing this post. >.<

I miss VGsatomi too. No offense meant to any of this site's (former) administrators, but, back in wc3sear.ch and until now, veggie was the only person with whom I ever felt my job was given due value. He never acted like he was above anyone, not with other moderators, at least.

I miss the times in which people would solve things in Site Discussion. Brad even opened up a thread once for the sole purpose of discussing some social issue that had popped up in the chat, related to that wiki the Jury had created, I think. Later, people began wrapping it all and labeling it «drama», which suddenly became forbidden; every thread about «drama» had to be immediately locked. I think the times in which things were discussed openly and with everyone were lost because of this.

Yeah, it seems that, as a general rule, the farther you go in time, the worse everything is. I look back even at arguments I had with other people and it gives me laughters, those were the days, I too wish we could go back.

P.S. — I don't think I miss the days in which JASS was only for pros :p i.e. I don't miss not knowing JASS at all :p but the glorious days of wc3 modding fill me with nostalgia too. Maybe it's because I associate it with my childhood. Things could be taken with a grain of salt back then.

Level 18
I enjoyed the time when I saw no mlp pictures on hive, neither knew what bronies meant. Then I started seeing them on What you did today thread. Then I became mad.

Not a brony, but seriously, if a cartoon pisses you off that much you need counseling. It's a good show and should be treated the same as Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.

Level 22
He doesn't need counseling, he could just stop seeing it. For you it might be a good show, but it's apparently not a good one for him, preference is subjective.

Level 19
Not a brony, but seriously, if a cartoon pisses you off that much you need counseling. It's a good show and should be treated the same as Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.

You know... as much as I agree with you, I think you should also think a little further about this.

This guy found himself accepted in a spot, somewhere in the broad Hive community, where members dislike the MLP universe, likely T.R.A.P. or some place like it - and hey, I don't see anything wrong with that - I mean, that is why being a brony is so popular too, you are automatically accepted into the crowd only by saying you are a brony - and people like to be parts of crowds, to be accepted, to feel welcome. Having all these small groups is what makes us a great community after all :)

Level 30
I missed the day when a my little pony invasion took place here (All thanks to Pyritie), changing your avatars with pony pictures, waiting for a new episode to come up then post stuff anything about ponies, and greet new members by tricking them to become a brony. Yeah Brony life was the best that time and it will always be.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I missed the day when a my little pony invasion took place here (All thanks to Pyritie), changing your avatars with pony pictures, waiting for a new episode to come up then post stuff anything about ponies, and greet new members by tricking them to become a brony. Yeah Brony life was the best that time and it will always be.
November 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.