• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Next terraining competition Idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see the massive issue with the judging of blue, seeing as not all of the terrains entered would be actually aimed at doing a terrain that conveys blue but rather just 'blue'. i would just use normal marking points with a larger theme point - while its an abstract kind of terrain it still IS a terrain and meant to be aesthetically pleasing etc

Level 19
The more I read this post, the more I'm realising we're actually talking about a simple computergame. I don't really care whatever the theme will become aslong as we get a theme. We could have done 2 contests already in the time we're argueing about this contest's theme.

Just bring me a theme so I can start!

Level 15
Base Terraining - Some one will draw a very basic outline and you have to make that into a terrain and then add to it.

Post Civilization- A futuristic town, all human beeings are dead, and the whole town is overgrown with big trees, plants, etc.

Elements - Basically like the four seasons terraining contest. You make a base terrain and then change that terrain to represent each of the 4 elements. Technically you'd be making 4 terrains but they are all just edits of the base.

Paired Terraining Self Explainatory. The problem is that you would need like 14 participants (7 entries) to make it a good contest. But it might still work. You never know. Maybe you could combine this with one of the other themes.

Battle scene You would make two armies attacking a castle, fighting in an open field, etc.

Cataclysm - Make a terrain of a reknown landmark of the Warcraft lore (or just some place in general) and make it how it would look ravaged, and maybe even have two shots, one before its destroyed and one after.

Blue- Make a terrain that shows the color blue.

Big - Just terrain something big, like a huge robot destroying a town, or a big mountain that has LOTS of small villages and even kingdoms, or countries on it.

inner-city - terrain the inside of some capital city

There you go Keiji, The suggestions from this thread. (I probably missed a bunch, I just scanned through it quickly) Now can you just make the poll. It doesn't matter what the theme is, you will always have atleast one person who doesn't like it. Therefore we could argue it forever. So a poll will hopefully get this contest started.

Level 17
Idea for Terraining Contest

I recently had a light bulb above my head ...

What about a terraining contest with the subject "Might". This means, certain characters are presenting how mighty they are (e.g. a holy magician surounded by evil creatures wanting to kill him, but he casts some kind of spell or something to hold them all back). It doesn't even have to be a character representing the might, it also can be the nature. E.g. a meteorfall or vulcan eruption ... everything that is strong, dangerous and, well, MIGHTY!!

(You're attitudes are welcome, just shoot 'em in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.