• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea for concept art competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I know concept art competitions are not really popular around here but i've seen people drawing great stuff so i'd like to point out that a bit more frequent art contests would not hurt our community. As the next competition, i'd suggest a 'hero' theme in which every contestant must draw a full hero character(head to toes) of desired race(can be imagined) in a desired pose.
As marking criteria, i'd suggest:
Technique - how well is the used technique utilized
Pose - is the character pose anatomically possible? is it natural?
Details - how well are details drawn? too much or too few?
Perspective - does the character look realistic from the given point of view etc etc
Proportions - self explanatory, are proportions realistic (as in fantasy realism)
That's all i can think of at the moment.

Last edited:
Level 6
I know concept art competitions are not really popular around here but i've seen people drawing great stuff so i'd like to point out that a bit more frequent art contests would not hurt our community. As the next competition, i'd suggest a 'hero' theme in which every contestant must draw a full hero character(head to toes) of desired race(can be imagined) in a desired pose.
As marking criteria, i'd suggest:
Technique - how well is the used technique utilized
Pose - is the character pose anatomically possible? is it natural?
Details - how well are details drawn? too much or too few?
Perspective - does the character look realistic from the given point of view etc etc
Proportions - self explanatory, are proportions realistic (as in fantasy realism)
That's all i can think of at the moment.

isn't it better to draw objects instead of living stuff, cause imo it's alot easier to draw a house then to draw a cat.

Level 15
The point is not making it easy, it's quite the opposite. If you want to draw something easy, you'll take your tablet, lie on your bed and start drawing random stuff, things anyone can do. But if you wanna win a contest, you're gonna have to spend some more time with your work of art, that's the point. I am having troubles drawing living things too yet i'm not afraid to try.

Level 30
Constructive posts are always appreciated.
off topic:
@Devine - Don't buy Trust's tablet(don't trust them xd), rather go for wacom's. I got a trust's tb 3100 and it has annoying glitches, sometimes it only registers movement on one axis though you drag pen diagonally.
I already looked true the wacom ones ... wich one do you suggest? I thought it should be bamboo fun but i have no idea.

criteria? probably not strict since its a demon of our imagination. except it cant be anything naughty... okay maybe a bit naughty.

to narrow the field down a bit, it could be a more specific demon, not just some random imagination. like a demon with a theme like Gluttony, hate, pride.
or a certain demon from the bible, norse myth, greek legends or any other ancient or modern lore, reimagined by the artist.
a gremlin could be an iron addicted psychopathic demon with a right arm of swiss army knife, fitted with mechanic's tools to quickly disassemble metal parts and gobble them up.
something like that. hope you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.