• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept art mini contest #2: Theme discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our concluded concept art mini contest
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/concept-art-mini-contest-results-247248/
So, how about do something new.
My suggestions would be:
1. Items - contestants must create any item of his liking that would fit to be created as a model or some sort of useful things for a game.
2. Medieval weapons: renewed - a contestant will select a medieval weapon ( with some image as a base ) and modify it to his likings.
3. Armory - any weapons or armors that a contestant would like to draw.
4. Base them all here - a contestant will recreate a new weapon, armor, etc. from the base image the host will provide.

Anything from you counts.

Level 23

1. Items - contestants must create any item of his liking that would fit to be created as a model or some sort of useful things for a game.
Too broad imo.

2. Medieval weapons: renewed - a contestant will select a medieval weapon ( with some image as a base ) and modify it to his likings.
Isn't this what contestants do in any weapon concept art contest? I mean it isn't the main theme but it's what they basically do. Draw a modified bow, a modified sword, modified pike, etc.

3. Armory - any weapons or armors that a contestant would like to draw.
Too broad again and also a very common thing to be drawing. :/

4. Base them all here - a contestant will recreate a new weapon, armor, etc. from the base image the host will provide.
This looks fun and I think giving a picture of some common household item would make it a more challenging one. :p
I'd go with this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.