• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-game Mapping Contest #9: Theme Discussion

Select Which theme would best fit for the next mini-game mapping contest.

• Survival + Shooting: A dual genre map

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Slide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Survival

• Map Size: Limited (Any Genre but will focus on how to use up the limited size of a map)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • others (Please, specify by posting a reply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a while since we have our last mapping contest and it was closed because there were few who joined. I wish this time many will participate. Come everyone let us talk about the new contest and what should be its theme. Maybe we can revive old themes here.

So, we can have:

1. Dual Genre (But needs to decide what should these be)
1.1. Survival + Shooting​
2. Slide
3. Survival
4. Map Size: Limited
(Any Genre but will focus on how to use up the limited size of a map)
5. ???

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Level 30
I had a crazy/baka idea. how about make a small map that could fit a game genre's requirements and still can be playable?

e.x Melee map with all fitting components inside, or a survival map that fits everything inside without ruining space and so. Its a challenge but with the complexity of choosing a genre. I guess the points will go on how the game achieved flawless result with such a small map space.

Level 10
The notice I meant was for the poll not the contest :]

The people who want to join the contest will vote for the theme they like for sure. If the theme they like has been chosen, the hope for more participants in the contest would becomes a reality.

:fp: My idiot-brain told me about this ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.