• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Concept Art Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Which is why I already asked why nothing is happening here. We've been discussing this for a long time and Py rather satisfies his ego by joining the discussion he always participated in and never been able to win, then actually starting this contest and seeing where it goes.

I'm not surprised, because this is the usual routine with contests that I think won't be much of a success. So how about we break that boring cycle and actually do something instead of saying you're going to do it?

Which is why I already asked why nothing is happening here. We've been discussing this for a long time and Py rather satisfies his ego by joining the discussion he always participated in and never been able to win, then actually starting this contest and seeing where it goes.

I'm not surprised, because this is the usual routine with contests that I think won't be much of a success. So how about we break that boring cycle and actually do something instead of saying you're going to do it?

From the looks of how the last concept art contests didn't end up a train wreck as you've said, what more does he have to prove?

Aside from mindless babbling, yes it'd be nice to see someone act instead of talk here.

Avator:

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I guess so, unless anybody has a better idea:

I'm horrible at suggesting genres, but one could be Greek Mythology.. or any other mythology. Generally, mythologies have a lot of fantastic ideas that spin in many directions and can be interpreted in many ways. Forcing each concept artist's individual interpretation to deviate a lot from another's, even if it represents the same legend.

Sounds like an interesting idea

kk that sounds good mythology so we can have great and massive creatures from past futer and present GREAT theme :3

Level 31
hmm, I don't know about that theme.. Is it a Concept Art Contest or a Drawing Contest. IF it's a drawing contest, well then it would be a good theme but for a Concept art contest I don't think it would.

Concept art is about creating something new, and i don't see what we could create about the Greek mythology.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Considering mythologies consist of legends, what you are concepting is what the legendary creature looks like - which can vary a lot. But I agree, it's not the best theme - like I initially stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.