• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Terrain Competition Ideas

What Should the Next Competition Be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
First off I just wanted to say that this last contest was a true disaster, and that I am utterly disappointed of the way many people acted in the poll thread. So as your friend I plead you, next time, avoid these methods if not for fair play's sakes than for yours. Thank you.

Anyway, here are some themes I've thought of:
- Back to basics (no imports)
- High-resolution pieces
- Doodad abuse (overuse of doodads without any actual terrain)
- Four seasons session (same scene, different season, so 4 terrains per member)
- Alien world (imports beyond UTM permitted)

Tell me what you think.

Level 34
Most themes are going to be "nature". Not a fan of limiting people with no imports and stuff, although if everyone wants it, I'd host it.

Level 34
Tell that to Corexx :p
The doodad abuse I have in mind is precisely what Saber and a few others described: something constructed out of doodads, not just randomness.
Be more specific then. I don't mind a structure contest. Which would include anything that you can think of, be it robot, animal, person, building, a painting.

Level 34
I don't want to take out the poll. Just suck it up. Whiners will be reprimanded, but I hope our community is mature enough not to go so low as that again.

I thought this last contest went just fine with the poll and me judging. I may get more judges next time, but I have to really trust them.

Level 11
I think a simple theme that would get alot of creative/crazy submissions would be a sci fi theme. Terrains could include face offs between star fleets, a sun peaking around a planetside, a massive utopian city, or a simple cybernetics lab.

Although, I think alot of people would struggle with this, since there isn't alot of futuristic terraining going on. But still, I think we'd get some cool stuff.

As for suggestions already made, I like the alien planet and doodad ones. =D

Level 34
I just had a thought. I won't be back until July 28th. Do you all want to wait until then? Or should I get Craka, or HappyTauren to host?

Edit: Or Rui. He could host another of his terrain contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.