• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next terrain contest...

What is your favourite theme?

• Dark/Evil

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Mysterious

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Atlantis

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Historical

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • River Styx (Underworld)

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Molten Core

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
well

I think olympus is very concrete theme, perhaps the "Home of Gods" would be better (like valhala, olympus...)

molten core? what is it??

The world tree-i think it is too much concrete theme, imho most of terrains will be similiar

River styx-same as olympus, better "underworld"

atlantis-or maybe some Utopia island, like from thomas morus

mysterious-on the other hand, this is very abstract

ilussion-can be good, but maybe you can specific what kind of illusion

U are fan of greek mythology, arent you :-D

Level 11
I agree. I think a more specific theme would make the contest even more competitive, which is good. As for the no imports, doesn't matter to me either.

You have a good start for theme ideas Void, here are a few others.

-Historical (Re-create some sort of historical landmark. Rome, The Colliseum, the Pyramids, 17th Century London, Great Wall of China)

-Space/Sci-Fi (Would probably need imports)

-Recreate a scene/location from another video game, providing a picture that you based it off of (I think this was a suggestion before)

-Heaven/Hell (Make one of each)

=)

Level 1
but wc3 is not good for scifi anyway.

Wc3 ain't good for terrain in the first place ;)

But anyway, aside from my sci-fi proposal, I also like Child's idea of a Heaven/Hell two picture competition. Kinda reminds me of the Seasons challenge.

Heaven and Hell are a little limited though. So how about... opposites. Two terrains that share some characteristics but are exactly the opposite of each other?

-Mount Olympus - Huge mountain with big people on it? Eh, it's alright..
-Molten Core - Explain plox?
-The World Tree - World tree doodad ftw?
-River Styx (or just the underworld) - Well, that's better..
-Atlantis - but MadseN already made it - people would just strive to copy
-Mysterious (maybe too broad...) - yes, too broad - but Mysterious (thing) would work
-Illusion - aren't illusions meant to look real? It wouldn't really be an illusion
-Historical - that's a good one..
-Space/Sci-Fi - D: Nowai. Sci-Fi isn't cool on WC3 : |
-Recreate a scene/location from another video game, providing a picture that you based it off of - I tried to make a contest out of that, everyone complained, saying it was too closed etc. I think its a good idea.
-Heaven/Hell - well, now that'd be interesting... but it'd be a bit like "peace... FIRE FIRE"

Gilles wants blue theme, it's okay with me.

Level 10
Right, we could do that, and I still say it needs to be a restraining theme this go around. If I make a blue doodad in my terrain, is it blue? If I make the whole thing green but a blue fog, is it blue? If a city is floating in the sky and fiery, is it Atlantis? No. Underwater city? Yes.

Level 34
I like blue, it's different.

I really hate the "copying another games terrain". It's just lame imo.
Sci-Fi would require a lot of imagination, and outland would probably get abused.
Something like Atlantis or Olympus is too close to the construction theme.
Epic has been done by wc3creations, and there are a lot of crossover members.
Heaven/Hell is bleh, and it's a lot like the seasons contest.
I also don't really want to see another no-imports.

Mysterious. Srsly.

Status
Not open for further replies.