• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Next modelling contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
The poll is up, the models are being judged. Modelling contest 12 will be over soon so I guess we can discuss the next one 's theme.
I think the next theme could be a race swap, like human swordmaster (blademaster) and human archer. We could also do some warcraftish craft like a demolisher or ballista. Post your ideas here :D and then the mods can make up a poll.

Level 25
yah, there arent too many buildings around the hive anyways. high quality buildings atleast.

What? You need some barracks?

hmm... how about A replacement for an old unit, in terms of role. Like, instead of footman, you could do an axeman, a pikeman, a shieldwoman, whatever, so long as it fills the role of light melee.

i like this idea too but only if we do scratch modeling

About the buildings themes maybe Inn's, arabic or gothic styles, maybe small structures for animals (like pig,sheep,cow farms lol), castles...
Or we could just leave it open?
Because the buildings theme is simple we could add some rules and restrictions like
poly count or at least 2 or 3 upgrade animations :/

Or maybe magic users/casters theme :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
What about Traditional Attacking Machines, like Modify-ing Ballista/Meatwagon/Siege Engine/Catapult to something better, but not too futuristic...
^This is kinda cool... I mean, we already have Catapults (Orc), Ballistas/Glaive Throwers (NE) and stuff like that... But what about a mini-Trebuchet (not the realistic one out there)? Or a "dart-slinger" that fires sideways? (could be arrows, too).

Or similar to the above; a Goblin siege unit that's like one of the Robo-Goblin's shoulder-rocket pods, on wheels. So it wheels around, and then a plate slams into the back and shoots all these rockets out.

Level 11
But I already made a gronn. I couldn't use that then. :(

And I'm kinda iffy on the buildings idea, cuz when we did it last time there were only 3 entries, and we had to extend it even more than usual.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
The poll will decide mkay =)
attachment.php

~~~

Alright, so the underlying theme for this kind of thread is "try to steer the contest so that multiple Modellers are fulfilling your unspoken [Requests]". :p

Y'know what we don't have enough of here? Altars. And Trolls. Jungle Trolls. *cough*

xD

Attachments

• Scrooge Demands a Poll.jpg
    Scrooge Demands a Poll.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 116
Altar? Not going to happen. Far too restrictive.

Anyway, poll options we have so far:
- Buildings
- Critters
- Siege engines (didn't we have one of these a while ago? With the peon-pong tank?)
- Music unit
- Creep race building

Might've missed a few.

and how about making sum townhall for a alterate race?
with 3 tiers.

We had a town hall contest a while ago. Only had two or so entries, and that was with plenty of extensions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.