• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next Modeling Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I suggested reusing the last poll simply for the sake of streamlining. If people want to reuse the poll then in the future we could just have BIG polls that decide the next 3 themes or something.
From an objective standpoint, this could be an effective and efficient way to pick themes

from my personal subjective standpoint.... i dont want creep boss. its dumb and i hate it :mad:

Soooo.... anyone want to remake the poll, offer some new suggestions for themes? or do yall just want to GET ON WITH IT and start the next contest with (stupid) bosscreeps?

[14-21-50] Dionesiist: anarchianbedlam, I dunno, bosscreeps is basically the theme for the texturing contest.
^THIS^

Reactions: HFR
Level 17
I suggested reusing the last poll simply for the sake of streamlining. If people want to reuse the poll then in the future we could just have BIG polls that decide the next 3 themes or something.
From an objective standpoint, this could be an effective and efficient way to pick themes

from my personal subjective standpoint.... i dont want creep boss. its dumb and i hate it :mad:

Soooo.... anyone want to remake the poll, offer some new suggestions for themes? or do yall just want to GET ON WITH IT and start the next contest with (stupid) bosscreeps?

^THIS^
If you're using the same poll then what if the same theme comes up ?

Level 26
picard-face-palm.gif

if we use the same poll, that means that we would take the second place winner in that poll, as the theme for the next contest.

Level 17
There was a space ship theme and a chess theme.

You can no longer use the excuse 'it doesn't fit wc3', contests are done for lolz now.
just sayin'

Level 17
MADAWC's idea is quite good, though, it doesn't really fit wc3.

Anyway, I'd say, let's make Creep bosses. Everyone can make something without being too much creative, which will bring a broad load of participants.
Then what's the point of making model or even a contest for that matter if anyone can do it and not work on being creative at all ? :| Creep Bosses Suck ! We already have a texturing contest about them...

Level 9
I suggest adding something new, and reviving the poll. And by revive I mean remove every vote and vote again.

Addition ideas.
WC3 modelize Sprite Characters. Ex. Final Fantasy Characters, Mother.
Models that represent A hive user. As told by a user.

Of course these ideas would probably be rejected as they are bad.
And anarchian is an evil gayface. *sobs*

picard-face-palm.gif

Level 26
I suggest adding something new, and reviving the poll. And by revive I mean remove every vote and vote again.

Addition ideas.
WC3 modelize Sprite Characters. Ex. Final Fantasy Characters, Mother.
Models that represent A hive user. As told by a user.

Of course these ideas would probably be rejected as they are bad.
And anarchian is an evil gayface. *sobs*

picard-face-palm.gif

oh yes the evil gayface always ruins the best ideas
like that time he pointed out that a 'sprite character theme' would just lead to a bunch of fucking idiots making starcraft models. or when he said that a 'final fantasy' theme was the stupidest fucking idea he had ever heard, and that there is no such thing as a good (or even halfway acceptable) wc3 anime model. He was a really big evil gayface when he said that a 'mother' theme would be stupid beyond all belief as people wouldnt really know what to make, since if they made a fat bitch, then its like they're insulting their mom, and if they made a hot chick, then people assume that person is a Freudian fiddler, so we would just get a bunch of generic 'wc3 villager women' models with different hairstylels. and dont even get me started on that one time he told everyone that the 'models representing users' theme would either be a kissass-shitfest of noob modelers making general frank in a tank or some kind of giant ego-dick stroking contest where people make themselves.

that guy is definitely the most evil of gayfaces

Level 26
Well then why don't we make historical/mythological/religious figures with special abilities ? That would be so LOL :)) Like imagine Jesus in Wc3 ?

that is honestly the best idea ever. i am going to maek a ALLAH model and pray to Buddha that white supremacist Jehovah's witnesses dont come to my house and shove the Qur'an up my ass

Level 18
Some Themes in Mind..

I got some themes in mind...

1) Bounty Hunter/Huntress
Create a model that resembles a bounty hunter/huntress.
NOTE : The profession in question are not known to wear heavy equipments.

2) Transformers
Create a model that can change between humanoid and construct/mechanical form.

3) Beyond Mortal Realm
Create a model that resembles an angelic/demonic unit.

4) Mystery of the Depth
Create a model of a creature which lives in the depths of the sea.

5) Insect Nation
Create a model of a humanoid insect unit.

Level 17
I got some themes in mind...

1) Bounty Hunter/Huntress
Create a model that resembles a bounty hunter/huntress.
NOTE : The profession in question are not known to wear heavy equipments.

2) Transformers
Create a model that can change between humanoid and construct/mechanical form.

3) Beyond Mortal Realm
Create a model that resembles an angelic/demonic unit.

4) Mystery of the Depth
Create a model of a creature which lives in the depths of the sea.

5) Insect Nation
Create a model of a humanoid insect unit.
Seems cool except for the first two ideas ! Transformers... I hate that movie..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
yes really. dat gayface. HE SHOULD BE BANNED.

dat gayface thought a user was talking about anime models.
if I'm a good modeller, I would make dat gayface. Because dat gayface is a fag, and should be banned. Dat model would be of cors, a gayface, doing random things with his mother, who is fat, and ugly.

I really hate dat gayface. I shall go to his house and watch him touch himself at night.
I personally did not understand anything you just wrote...Learn proper English then please come again...

Level 17
Oh God. You Sir, are wise. THANKS FOR TELLING ME TO LEARN ENGLISH. THAT IS THE BEST ADVICE I'D EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. YOU DESERVE SOME REP.

YOU ARE THE MOST HELPFUL MEMBER EVER.
OFF: I find your post really amusing, it actually made me laugh the way you expressed yourself :)))))))))))))))))....
ON: My top 3 choices for modelling contest:

1. Mythological creatures/heroes
2. Divine beings based on religions
3. Elements: Mother Nature, Father Time etc...

Level 26
some more contest theme ideas straight from the chat(the list will be updated when we get new ones :D):
mimic: do something harmless looking that is actually some monster or demon or the other way round.
dragons: fire farting reptiles with wings and stuff
mutants: a contest especially just for Pyra to win another fancy award for his collection :D

Level 26
so im compiling a list of themes for the poll.
>>CLICK HERE NUMBNUTS<<
basically talking to the more active participants in chat about it, but please, discuss it here in the thread as well. Ill probably make the poll later tonight for this.

we will be remaking the poll. to last one week, to decide the theme
got more themes to add? got a reason to remove a theme from the list? do you think the poll should be single or multiple choice?

I WANT EMOSHONAL METAPHER.

lol I missed this thread. By the way, I don't think it is good to decide several themes in one poll. contest are for fun, they aren't something that you should do always in the most practical way.

and good ideas appear everytime, so it's always better to see if people can come up with more stuff. IMO the best idea here, Mimic, wasn't in the last poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.