• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Newbieness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
If I were you people I would scold the kids back with something they can't really get what it is but can feel the power or threat within my words and make them cry for their mommy. X)

Level 12
Yeah, now that I'm really looking back on what I just posted I feel a little sad :ugly:

Kinda just said I like making fun of 12yr. olds :bored:

I'm gonna stop playing DotA altogether, doesn't take much to hurt a 12yr old, I s'pose I would feel proud if I made another 15yr. cry

I feel no remorse for kids who get insulted via the internet, as they really shouldn't care, its just text... a person millions of miles away is shooting text via a little box you call the computer screen

If you play for hours like me, and then stare at the keyboard a bit, then realize all you have been doing is constanly looking up and down on a screen, imagine what you would look like if somebody video taped you, and then made the computer monitors' screen black, how wasteful you would look

sh*t I can't stay on topic at all ><

Level 12
So buddy. Let's go out and take a cup of coffee at our nearest cafe. =w=

Hehe, nah I'm gonna head to bed soon, I'm curious to see how many more posts there are of ppl who wanna put their 2 cents in about the difference between 'noob' and 'newb'

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
To me a noob is a guy who wants other people to do what he wants to accomplish. A guy who has a built-in filter in his eye that hides search buttons and tutorials. A guy who doesn't want to know how it's done, he only want to know when YOU have finnished doing the job he wants accomplished.
A newbie is a guy with no knowledge who simply wants to learn.

Darkholme, you are not a noob. You are a polite valuable member of the hive.

Level 15
To me a noob is a guy who wants other people to do what he wants to accomplish. A guy who has a built-in filter in his eye that hides search buttons and tutorials. A guy who doesn't want to know how it's done, he only want to know when YOU have finnished doing the job he wants accomplished.

ya thats a good defention

Level 9
For Example, I love insulting the DotA whores (here meaning annoying fucks who call you dumbass everytime you die) simply by calling them either
A) your a fucking retard
B) your a fucking loser

It is just as natural for you to be called a dumbass by your allies when you feed, as it is for you to call them retards afterwards. Perhaps you should look at this issue from the annoying fucks' perspective, because imo you're no better than them.

Level 17

I like Ralle's def'n the best. cause following his definition, I'm beither a newbie or a noob.

I also didn't think anyone actually 'appreciated' my being at hive. Thanks Ralle!

Level 12
Hmm

It is just as natural for you to be called a dumbass by your allies when you feed, as it is for you to call them retards afterwards. Perhaps you should look at this issue from the annoying fucks' perspective, because imo you're no better than them.

You are not wrong in the respect that I am no better, but I play the game to play, not bitch about somebody fucking up, I am generally for the most part defensive, but yeah I mess with them purely out of a spirit of smite and hatred towards DotA and their high-horsed society :pird: ( I wish that emoticon had a knife)

Level 24
Arguing%20Internet%20Special%20Olympics.jpg

Level 36
Actually, Lioness is one of several girl users, including Werewulf, Syleona, Turtles and Iristle.

And it's only offensive to those who are affected in some way or another by the disabled, which many aren't.

And it has a point, nom matter how politically incorrect, but this is besides the point.

It has nothing at all to do with this thread, as no one is arguing. That's when it's used, to break up an arguement. There is no arguement here.

Level 17
Actually, Lioness is one of several girl users, including Werewulf, Syleona, Turtles and Iristle.

And it's only offensive to those who are affected in some way or another by the disabled, which many aren't.

And it has a point, nom matter how politically incorrect, but this is besides the point.

It has nothing at all to do with this thread, as no one is arguing. That's when it's used, to break up an arguement. There is no arguement here.

I had no idea those other users were female. Their names didn't give it away, and I don't think I have yet encountered 2 of the ones whose names Do give it away. Wow!

And yeah, I meant it would be offensive to the same people you listed. many aren't, but many are, too.

and about the usage. yeah this isnt the place to put that cause we weren't arguing. :p

Level 28

Does Turtles and Syleona are still around? I didn't knew that. I thought they letf the Hive some time ago....

Well, it can also be offensive to people who have parents with some kind of deficiency, which is not my situation.

As Darkholme asked at the 1st post, "does your lack of skills with things evolved to Warcraft makes you noob?"

Well, as Ralle already answered what is necessarily to e noob, I'll agree with him and I'll also say that your Warcraft abilities sometimes has nothing to do with your rep. We have lot' of examples here. Normally, reputation is related with sympathy and relationship skills. We are an example. You surely know much more things then me in Warcraft, since I don't spend too much time with it. I don't have any interest with skinning and other stuff because of that. But see, you have less rep then me! I think I earned some rep in the vacation, by being active...

But reputation has lost it's main meaning: To be reputation.Now people are using reputation as a "scrap system". Like, they are giving reputation to say "Hi Jeff! I'm going to the party tomorrow, wanna go with me?". Now, reputation doesn't mean nothing.

____

Level 36
I considered myself a veteran of the Hive when I got my blue gem and 1000 posts. To me that basically signifies you have been here for a while and know your way around the rules and the other members. I don't submit anything really, except my tutorial, but I make terrain, that's what I do. I don't ever see myself making more than a few textures or models. And if I do they will probably be something to put in my terrains.

As for the whole "newb" thing, well I think a newb is someone who comes to the hive and asks for more help than he or she gives. As for myself, I don't really ask for much of anything and sadly I don't really give as much as I would like. In all hypocrisy, I think the "noobs" of the hive are those who don't offer anything and just spam the forums. Or those who ask for naruto spell pax ;)

including Werewulf, Syleona, Turtles and Iristle.

Four members out of thousands. WC3 is not much of a thing for most girls, the only places I see them are on DotA games and the occasional RP. I guess orcs and zombies are more of a guy's thing, either that or all the girls that play(ed) WC3 moved on to WoW.

Level 12
Eh, I don't know about you guys, but generally I don't know that many attractive women on wc3 or the internet, then again I haven't been on the prowl for a while

Level 17
yeah I got 18 rep since saturday. mostly because of my drawing in elenai's comp (its a wip, but i got like 10 rep for the wip. lol) then ralle repped me once, I'm sure that helped. and a couple for posts in general. :p I went from 1 rep to 78 since like November.

I guess its like how I went from 10 posts to 610 in the same amount of time. I practically live here. :p

Level 7
People usually find me guilty of Noobitude because of questions I ask that I should know the answer to but don't. It's annoying; (semicolon) no one was born knowing all the answers (except Ralle), so why can't I ask?

Level 36
I hate using tutorials and therefore never read them. I enjoy to figure stuff out for myself with maybe a few guides on the basic mechanics of the program.

I never read any terrain tutorials except to critique them and I think that was beneficial to me because it gave me my own style. I did pick some things up from other terrainers though.

Level 34
This is a prime example of newbiness IMO. No offense to the creator. I realize most people new to these forums post like they are at some naruto site.

Level 12
Duct tape works just as well, and it's silver...

I prefer shoving golden bricks down their throats

Yeah, thats a pretty good example, there are some threads by noobs where they have caps lock on, text as if they have just been hit in the head by a car, and never even post back after you answered them with a clear, logical response

Level 2
One thing which defines "noobishness" in my opinion is the need for instant gratification. Hard work and time invested are not things often seen in the works of noobs. Their (so-called) projects are mostly done on a whim, hardly ever get completed and probably involve the hard work of others, not them.

I am not a noob (although some people on Battle.net may furiously claim otherwise), but I happily proclaim myself a newbie. While I don't possess an assortment of great skills, I am eager to learn.

Level 7
Which is a very good thing, instead of expecting people to tell you everything and not contributing

Status
Not open for further replies.