• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
1: Why do my animated picture doesnt work when i put it as my hive picture ?
2: how can i post an image like 100X126 batman or somthing on my comment.
i dont know if these are easy questions i just need help , im a Newbie:goblin_cry: .

Ho ever helps me solve 1 question or 2 gets REP+

1. It needs to be 100x100 or smaller.
2. [img]www.yoururl.com/batman[/img]
images

Level 5
1. It needs to be 100x100 or smaller.
2. [img]www.yoururl.com/batman[/img]
images
does the image post work with google as well ?
TESTING :
[img]httpwww.google.ltimgresimgurl=httpwww.ps3informer.com48147_BatmanArkhamAsylum-Joker-01_normal%255B1%255D.jpg&imgrefurl=httpw[/img]

see? it doesnt work . if it doenst work with google , then what with ?

Hi there lich king-.-
Because you are new here:
Let me introduce hiveworkshop to you...

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Also
about maps:

If you decide to create map please check some tutorials first!
For unfinished maps, use Map Development forum! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Once when you create awesome map, and upload it to site, guys like me will check them and give suggestions, hints and so on! :thumbs_up:

Level 5
Hi there lich king-.-
Because you are new here:
Let me introduce hiveworkshop to you...

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:
Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.
The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.

A few other tips that might help too:
-Always search first! Did I already mention THAT?
-When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
-Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
-If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Also
about maps:

If you decide to create map please check some tutorials first!
For unfinished maps, use Map Development forum! You can make thread there upload your map so people can tell you what they think just like here! Also for any help with triggers or how to clean memory leaks post triggers and create threads here Triggers & Scripts! Btw if you need any help with WE we have World Editor Help Zone here on THW! And at the end if you need any resource from icons to loading screens check this out Requests!

Once when you create awesome map, and upload it to site, guys like me will check them and give suggestions, hints and so on! :thumbs_up:

thank you for the indrotuction kobas :ogre_hurrhurr: . well im not a modder or skiner... im just giving feed back and learning about the editor, warcraft 3 is my best favorite strategy :ogre_haosis: . i have a question tho, i dont wanna bother you if your bussy ? :grin:
1. is there a forum where you can find a buddy ? im really bad at terrain

Edit: wait when i jsut registered, wasnt there a tab " tutorial " up ? because now i cant see it

Level 8
This seems like the right place to post this:
I know how to make gif files and how to upload them, but I have encountered a problem.
I have for a long time had a gif file as my avatar, now, I wanted to change it, so I created a new one and uploaded it.
The image showed, but it was only he first image of the animation!
It was 256x256 pixels, so I changed it to 100x100, but it still did not work.

So, my question is, is this a bug or have the site changed its behavior towards gif files?
If someone have an answer to this problem, help would be appreciated.
I am using GIMP 2.6

EDIT: Look at my avatar and you will see my problem.

Level 5
This seems like the right place to post this:
I know how to make gif files and how to upload them, but I have encountered a problem.
I have for a long time had a gif file as my avatar, now, I wanted to change it, so I created a new one and uploaded it.
The image showed, but it was only he first image of the animation!
It was 256x256 pixels, so I changed it to 100x100, but it still did not work.

So, my question is, is this a bug or have the site changed its behavior towards gif files?
If someone have an answer to this problem, help would be appreciated.
I am using GIMP 2.6

EDIT: Look at my avatar and you will see my problem.

it must be max 100x and i think the bug is you cant change it , find another :grin:

Level 15
Unpack the images from GIF with Adobe Image Ready and resize them with Nero Photo Snap to 100x100 (make sure you remember the animation time for each image alone) then put them in folder and import the whole folder in Image Ready, now animate the gif and save the new animation.
NOTE: For animation you can use almost any texture format I suggest PNG but it needs to be saved as GIF.
NOTE: Read the help for Image Ready because I`m not sure it goes like this.
ALSO NOTE: You can also resize the images with Corel Draw.

Last edited:
Level 8
Unpack the images from GIF with Adobe Image Ready and resize them with Nero Photo Snap to 100x100 (make sure you remember the animation time for each image alone) then put them in folder and import the whole folder in Image Ready, now animate the gif and save the new animation.
NOTE: For animation you can use almost any texture format I suggest PNG but it needs to be saved as GIF.
NOTE: Read the help for Image Ready because I`m not sure it goes like this.
ALSO NOTE: You can also resize the images with Corel Draw.

It's a bit too late. I have allready fixed my "bug" and edited my avatar to gif files 2 times since I posted about my "bug"...
Also, you are answering the wrong things, since in GIMP, you can save GIF files as animations, so they don't have to be edited, just made in gif as animations from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.